Trump: I'm not responsible for the gop platform because I don't know about it

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
and wasn't involved in making it.

Earlier in the interview, he shrugged off his campaign's influence in removing a provision of the Republican Party platform that would've advocated providing arms to Ukraine to defend itself from Russian aggression.

"I was not involved in that," he said. "I'd have to take a look at it, but I was not involved in that."

Why isn't this in the sarcasm board ....... because strange as it seems, he really said it and apparently meant it .. and sees nothing wrong in it.

trumplooks.jpg

"I can handle things... I'm smart! Not like everybody says! Like, dumb! I'm smart... and I want respect!" ~Fredo Trump

Earlier in the interview, he shrugged off his campaign's influence in removing a provision of the Republican Party platform that would've advocated providing arms to Ukraine to defend itself from Russian aggression.

"I was not involved in that," he said. "I'd have to take a look at it, but I was not involved in that."

Why isn't this in the sarcasm board ....... because strange as it seems, he really said it and apparently meant it .. and sees nothing wrong in it.

You could have figured that out when his acceptance speech went off the path of the platform.

Trump is using the Republican nomination as a vehicle, nothing more. The GOP is on its own when it comes to the lower tier races that have people who actually support the platform in them.

So what's the democrat policy?

Actually I respect than answer. I want him to look at it, before making grand claims.

Remember Obama said he would close gitmo. Didn't bother to determine if that was a practical move. No effort to determine if there was a valid alternative first.

Then after getting into office, first thing he did was have his legal team issue a report saying, it wasn't a practical option to close gitmo.

I'd much rather Trump say, we'll look into that, to determine what we should do.... rather than make grand promises without knowing all the information.

Then after getting into office, first thing he did was have his legal team issue a report saying, it wasn't a practical option to close gitmo.

????

Obama signs order to close Guantanamo Bay facility - CNN.com

January 22, 2009

During a signing ceremony at the White House, Obama reaffirmed his inauguration pledge that the United States does not have "to continue with a false choice between our safety and our ideals."

The president said he was issuing the order to close the facility in order to "restore the standards of due process and the core constitutional values that have made this country great even in the midst of war, even in dealing with terrorism."

The decision to close the detention facility received immediate backing from Obama's general election opponent, Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain.

McCain, in a joint statement with South Carolina GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham, said he supported Obama's decision to "reaffirm America's adherence to the Geneva Conventions, and begin a process that will, we hope, lead to the resolution of all cases of Guantanamo detainees."

But Congress blocked him and continues to block him on it.

As far as I know, this is just a draft, but look it over..
http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/dnc_platform.pdf

Free shit

Actually I respect than answer. I want him to look at it, before making grand claims.

Remember Obama said he would close gitmo. Didn't bother to determine if that was a practical move. No effort to determine if there was a valid alternative first.

I'd much rather Trump say, we'll look into that, to determine what we should do.... rather than make grand promises without knowing all the information.
You are wrong, andy. Obama was blocked from closing Gitmo. He issued no such report. Who said he did?

Do you also like the incoherent, meaningless dithering he does, when he gets asked about what conservatism and the Constitution mean to him?

he wasn't involved... but the people he sent to the platform committee were
In a shift, Republican platform doesn't call for arming Ukraine against Russia, spurring outrage
So if Trump wasn't involved but sent a surrogate that the candidate didn't know would change the platform, do you also believe an aide, a former Democrat, wrote Melania's speech...the one she said on TV that she wrote?
lol. it does require a certain amount of mental gymnastics.

the point is trump's people made the change, whether he wants to pretend he knew or didn't (i actually find it plausible he didn't, since he doesn't seem at all knowledgeable or even interested in those sorts of details)

I don't know. I can't figure out what to do with Ukraine either. That government is beyond shaky, and has no money, because they have lived decades with high taxes and high social services. (left wing policies that they would implement here given the chance) From what I have seen and read about Donetsk, the Ukraine forces couldn't even get enough supplies for basic operations. Some didn't even have bullets.

The only way that the Ukraine is going to be effective against the Russians, is if we basically take over.

If we go over there with force, whatever we do will be criticized after the fact. Yet it is exactly the people that will criticize our every move, that right now are demanding we help.

Maybe we should just let the EU handle it. Let them take care of their own problems for awhile, then perhaps they won't whine so much next time we help.

Forum List

Back