Trump holding onto documents, nullifies any claim of executive privilege.

Pardon the correction, but you can't forfeit what you never had. Trump has zero claim to possession of any official documents since they all belong to the National Archives.
I think you're confusing executive privilege. That pertains to documents that deal with advice / communications between the president and the presidents cabinet and advisors. Communications offering advice or guidance, that might shape decisions by the president.

Those are not available to anybody, because that would bring scrutiny on the advice the president was getting, which in turn would silence his advisors. Who would be afraid to offer candid advice, if people would be able to pick apart his every word.

That executive privilege belongs to the current president, who could release such communications if he saw fit.

Some were in Trump's desk drawer with his passports.
Makes you wonder why did he keep those top secrets next to his passport. Was he planning to grab everything in the draw, and fly off to meet somebody to sell or give away our nations highest secrets?

Oooooo Mac so mad he does the F word in all caps. BIG mad.

Who cares? The govt can type TOP SECRET on anything, and they do. Here's a big question, Big Mac. If those docs are so TOP SECRET why did the fed bois take pics of them?

Oh. Right.

There is a German word for what Oberfuhrer Garland and his Gestapo goons are doing.

Leakensmear

It's an old Nazi technique that the democrats have perfected.

First off you lying fuckwad - nothing Trump had was classified - per the United States Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court recognizes the presidents power to declassify, they would not recognize that power used blindly. It's like when Joe Biden declared every document to be declassified, the court would not recognize that as a limitless presidential power.

Another Trumpster who isn't aware of the Nixon Rule.

Tough shit, child. I just shoved your ignorance down your throat.

Now, swallow. Good boy.

Two other points about Trumps "declassified" everything he took from the oval office to the residence.

Trump took those documents as "homework" since he didn't have time to read them in the oval office. Hence Trump declassified documents without even reading them.

Not to mention he also declassified the nuclear launch codes he carries in his pocket.

Actually, because that's what the Supreme Court said. Decent people still cling to the "Rule of Law." I know you have the rule of your Reich instead. Whatever the Reich says at any given second.
Except the court wouldn't grant the president unlimited power with broad implications. That the president can declassify any document, but I doubt they would allow him to declassify all documents with just a single edict.

Except the court wouldn't grant the president unlimited power with broad implications. That the president can declassify any document, but I doubt they would allow him to declassify all documents with just a single edict.

The court didn't grant anything - they merely upheld what is in the Constitution

Again, I understand that you Nazis don't abide by or follow the United States Constitution

The court didn't grant anything - they merely upheld what is in the Constitution

Again, I understand that you Nazis don't abide by or follow the United States Constitution

Actually supreme courts, both state and federal, have said that such acts can't be done en-masse, but must be done on an individual case by case basis.

The President has the power to declassify, but that is applied one document at a time. Trumps "blanket" declassification order, would thus violate that requirement, and be null and void.

The President has the power to declassify, but that is applied one document at a time. Trumps "blanket" declassification order, would thus violate that requirement, and be null and void.
And the power to declassify does not absolve from the duty to inform the classifying agency.

And the power to declassify does not absolve from the duty to inform the classifying agency.
That is part two of the declassify argument.
Other presidential powers, such as granting pardons, or nominating judges has been limited by the supreme court to require the "paperwork" to be completed, before the act becomes valid.
That a president invokes, alone, means nothing.

Kind of a, don't count your chickens until they hatch.

Makes you wonder why did he keep those top secrets next to his passport. Was he planning to grab everything in the draw, and fly off to meet somebody to sell or give away our nations highest secrets?

Maybe. Remember Trump likes to show off and impress people with classified information.

You're making shit up out of thin air.

"The Commander In Chief of the armed forces may classify or declassify any document at any time in any manner they so deem." Egan v Dept. Navy

You're making shit up out of thin air.

"The Commander In Chief of the armed forces may classify or declassify any document at any time in any manner they so deem." Egan v Dept. Navy
But that manner applies to "any document" SINGULAR.

I'm just pointing out that supreme courts, state and federal have restricted acts of the chief executive to require they be done on a case by case basis. No en-masse actions.

Forum List

Back