Trump: Fine with same-sex marriage

One can be for SSM, just not in favor of the mechanism used to force it on the rest of the country.

What mechanism?

Legalization was spreading through the states before the SCOTUS even agreed to pick it up. Seems like that is a decent mechanism.
It was shot down by the people in most of the states so judges were over ruling them by judicial decree. So calling it spreading through the states is quite a reacharound.

I actually supported it in NY, and was glad it passed. What I then hoped for was a Federal decisions enforcing full faith and credit, but alas the SC went full retard and once again overstepped its bounds.
The SC should have upheld the Constitution and remained mute on it. States have always defined marriage, how close a blood relative could be, ages, etc. Wht didn't the SC decide on that? Because it was none of their business. But they succumbed to political correctness and activist pressure.

Since bullying is now deciding social standards I want the government to totally get out of the marriage business and recognize no relationship apart from the contract you made with whomever.

States could always decide WHO they issued marriage licenses to, but they still had to accept ones that didn't meet their criteria under full faith and credit.

To me the Constitution being mum on the issue means it devolves to the State legislatures, period.

One can be for SSM, just not in favor of the mechanism used to force it on the rest of the country.

What mechanism?

Legalization was spreading through the states before the SCOTUS even agreed to pick it up. Seems like that is a decent mechanism.
It was shot down by the people in most of the states so judges were over ruling them by judicial decree. So calling it spreading through the states is quite a reacharound.
Younger voters tend to be for gay marriage. Thus momentum was with the legalization of SSM on the state level for most if not all states as the older people against gay marriage died off and younger voters came of age to vote.
It hasn't been on the ballot that long. In 2008 all major Democrats were for traditional marriage. And like I said it was failing more times than not by the people. Younger people are always more liberal minded and are easy to manipulate but they don't represent the majority.

I have a problem with the SCOTUS finding things in the constitution that are obviously not there. As mentioned earlier, there is a reluctance for the SCOTUS to revisit precedents, thus such ruling have the effect of rewriting the constitution, hence the term, "legislating from the bench".

What mechanism?

Younger voters tend to be for gay marriage. Thus momentum was with the legalization of SSM on the state level for most if not all states as the older people against gay marriage died off and younger voters came of age to vote.
It hasn't been on the ballot that long. In 2008 all major Democrats were for traditional marriage. And like I said it was failing more times than not by the people. Younger people are always more liberal minded and are easy to manipulate but they don't represent the majority.
They would represent the majority on this issue as the older anti-SSM people died off. When I was a teenager, being called gay or a fagot was an insult. For the young people of today, not so much. The reason Obama 'evolved'" on this issue is because he knew the demographics were changing in favor of SSM.

What mechanism?

They would represent the majority on this issue as the older anti-SSM people died off. When I was a teenager, being called gay or a fagot was an insult. For the young people of today, not so much. The reason Obama 'evolved'" on this issue is because he knew the demographics were changing in favor of SSM.
Yes, I think anyone with a working brain cell knows the Dems flipped on it when they felt they had enough impressionable minds and could use it as another hate weapon against their political enemies. The Supremes should have stayed out of politics and thank God Hillary didn't win or the court would be nothing but a Democrat rubber stamp.

To be honest, I believe Obama always supported gay marriage, but waited for the right political time to make his true feelings known.

Who cares? You dirt bags just want something else to complain about. Go out and suck all the cock you want! No one cares.
Ah, now you don't care.

Funny.
I don't think it's so much that those against SSM don't care. It that the SSM battle has already been lost for those against it, and there are many more important battles to be fought. As to abortion, it is more important than SSM because abortion terminates a completely innocent life.

To be honest, I believe Obama always supported gay marriage, but waited for the right political time to make his true feelings known.
I believe the dude never had a core conviction in his life.

You got that right.

Like most of the Dems. They waited until they could use it to beat people down. It should be up to the states and people should not be bullied or shamed for having traditional values.

I agree.

Off the top of your head, what other lies do think he told to misrepresent himself to the American people so that they would vote for him, thinking he was someone he was not?

It's an issue of some importance to me, for obvious reasons; however, there are far more pressing issues at hand. My biggest concerns revolve our debt and brining jobs back to my region.
What's the reasons you're so concerned about it?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It's an issue of some importance to me, for obvious reasons; however, there are far more pressing issues at hand. My biggest concerns revolve our debt and brining jobs back to my region.

Because I am married to a dude. lol

Because I am married to a dude. lol
I wouldn't be surprised.

Forum List

Back