Trump: Fine with same-sex marriage

I'm against it and he's for it, I voted for him knowing this. Pete Thiel did give a good speech at the convention about this. I love how you guys are shocked by this. Maybe watch his speeches rather than get the liberal propaganda from Don Lemon?
I just find it interesting to see how many of his fans are so quickly moderating on this issue.

They seemed to dead-set against it about a month ago.

I'm against it and he's for it, I voted for him knowing this. Pete Thiel did give a good speech at the convention about this. I love how you guys are shocked by this. Maybe watch his speeches rather than get the liberal propaganda from Don Lemon?
I just find it interesting to see how many of his fans are so quickly moderating on this issue.

Sorry to burst that bubble of yours, but this fan changed his mind on it a few years back, long before Trump was a consideration.

Not something he campaigned on so not surprised......he wasn't elected on social issues. Too much to fix to get sidetracked

Because there's bigger fish to fry right now.

Fans? Maybe your head was tucked up way in your ass a month ago and didn't see it being discussed? In fact, when hasn't your head been crammed deep inside your ass?

One can be for SSM, just not in favor of the mechanism used to force it on the rest of the country.
Ive never understood that forcing it on others thing.
I dont really care one way or the other about gay marriage, the fact is that no matter how hard I try, I am not able to come up with one single example of how two guys or two girls getting married has any bearing on my life at all. So if I were to actively oppose gay marriage I have come to the conclusion that the only reason to do so is ignorance.
fall in love, get married and have a great life. Believe me, it wont make a difference in my life at all. Even if you move in next door to me, nothing in my life changes.
But back to it, how is any of this being forced on me? I have yet to get a notice that my number came up and I have to marry another dude.
Whereas I was never one that opposed gay marriage......I do understand and respect those that do. It is not the union they were against. It was changing the definition of the word "marriage"...which, in many more religious sects was defined as a union between a man and a woman.

So, in essence, they believed they were forced to change the terminology of their OWN union.....and, in a way, it was forced on them.

Furthermore, they were concerned that other changes would follow and give them reason to believe the gay community was "forcing" things on them...and, it happened to be true as now a man can not go into a mens room without possibly coming face to face with a woman using the facilities.

Sure, not a big deal overall......but, again, it was forced on them.

One can be for SSM, just not in favor of the mechanism used to force it on the rest of the country.
Ive never understood that forcing it on others thing.
I dont really care one way or the other about gay marriage, the fact is that no matter how hard I try, I am not able to come up with one single example of how two guys or two girls getting married has any bearing on my life at all. So if I were to actively oppose gay marriage I have come to the conclusion that the only reason to do so is ignorance.
fall in love, get married and have a great life. Believe me, it wont make a difference in my life at all. Even if you move in next door to me, nothing in my life changes.
But back to it, how is any of this being forced on me? I have yet to get a notice that my number came up and I have to marry another dude.

The issue I have is when a court creates a right to something out of thin air, mostly because a court that can do that can also suppress a right, even an enumerated one like the 2nd amendment just as easily.

Marriage has always been a State issue, and it should have been left to the States. What the Court should have done is force ALL States to recognize valid Marriages from other States, under full faith and credit, just like they do now. Thus Alabama wouldn't be forced to issue SSM licenses, but they would be forced to treat ones from other States as equal to their own.

It's what used to be called a compromise back in the day.

To me the way NY and other States that changed the contract legislatively did it the right way, and I supported NY when they did so.

Stay patient...he's easing his way in.
He's got to atleast wait for all the cockroaches from the south, the weirdos and thugs to calm down.
He doesn't need a bunch of soft spoken flamers, men in dresses and dikes with rainbow flags joining in just yet.
MAN...THIS COUNTRY IS MENTALLY TWISTED!!

It's an issue of some importance to me, for obvious reasons; however, there are far more pressing issues at hand. My biggest concerns revolve our debt and brining jobs back to my region.

Most of his conservative stuff was just to get the religious vote.
That is horse shit.

There is no problem with respecting rights for fagots while at the same time wanting to use the "Bully pulpit" to advance moral issues like being pro-life and removing the Johnson Amendment".

I am in favor of respecting the rights that fagot have in this country while at the very same time opposing their campaign for moral and cultural legitimacy.

For a Constitution hating hack such as yourself, of course it's fine.

Actually, it's completely consistant with the constitution.

Let's review. The Court ruled in Loving v. Virginia that bans on interracial marriages were wrong, even if the people in the state wanted them. Marriage was a civil right under the constitution.

This was back in the 1960's. No one had an issue with it.

Now, theonly thing that kept gay marriage from being legal under the constitution was that the underlying behaviors were illegal. When the court struck down these silly laws under Lawrence v. Texas, there really was no good reason why a state could deny their gays the right to marry.

What the court did was just fine.

Again Trump can't do anything about this. SC decided it only SC can undo it and by him appointing a conservative justice in the mold of Scalia will overturn it as soon as it gets back to the SC. He's playing it smart which is what he said. He said SC had decided it....and they have.

It tells me he's not going to appoint a replacement for Guido Scalia that will overturn the ruling. But even if he did, it would be 5-4 in favor of maintaining the status quo.

For a Constitution hating hack such as yourself, of course it's fine.

Actually, it's completely consistant with the constitution.

Let's review. The Court ruled in Loving v. Virginia that bans on interracial marriages were wrong, even if the people in the state wanted them. Marriage was a civil right under the constitution.

This was back in the 1960's. No one had an issue with it.

Now, theonly thing that kept gay marriage from being legal under the constitution was that the underlying behaviors were illegal. When the court struck down these silly laws under Lawrence v. Texas, there really was no good reason why a state could deny their gays the right to marry.

What the court did was just fine.

because restrictions on marriage vis a vis race was an artificial construct that reared its head from time to time throughout history. Changing thousands of years of precedent, where marriage was usually between one man and one woman (and occasionally one man and multiple women, but this was a fringe view for most societies, or something only the rulers did, such as in China) is something that cannot be left to 5 of 9 unelected lawyers. Going State by State, changing the laws via legislative action, and using the feds ONLY to force States to continue to recognize valid licenses from other States was the constitutional pathway.

Quite Frankly, my personal view is you don't have a real dog in this fight, you just know SSM by court fiat pisses off both Religious people, AND strict constructionists, and considering your asshat twat views on both groups of people, your support for SSM by court fiat is just basically your nasty nature on display.

Forum List

Back