Trump Files Lawsuit Against Big Tech Over Censorship (Poll)

Do you agree with Trump that big tech needs to be broken up and put under strict regulation ?

• Yes

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
Clearly the 1st amendment prohibits the government from censoring the private press. It does not compel private industry to print the copious lies of a few lunatics, no matter how powerful they are.
Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are not the press lol
I believe I called them private industry. Poor Trumpybear, he has no 1st amendment rights to post his lies on any private platform.

An interactive press is something the founders could not have imagined.

Youre
Clearly the 1st amendment prohibits the government from censoring the private press. It does not compel private industry to print the copious lies of a few lunatics, no matter how powerful they are.
I believe I called them private industry. Poor Trumpybear, he has no 1st amendment rights to post his lies on any private platform.

Your first damn sentence did ya nut

But that fact is not going to hinder Gorsuch Alito and Scalia from applying textual literalism! LOL

Poor Donnie - And I feel even worse for these NEW lawyers who actually agreed to embarrass themselves and take the case. Yes, Facebook is a monopoly that should be broken up. No, his lawsuit won't be heard by a single court in America.

Wish it would go to trial however. Because then we have DISCOVERY in which Donnie will need to turn over documents and mansplain his Big Lie, determined by private businesses to be a danger to our country.

Discovery where he always ducks and runs. :scared1:

In the meantime, he'll do more grifting/ fleecing of the chronically gullible.

Youre

ummm, I'll bite. Why would you think anyone has a first amendment right to use a private message website/app?

Youre

ummm, I'll bite. Why would you think anyone has a first amendment right to use a private message website/app?
I never said that. Next strawman?
They need to be regulated as a public utility because that's what they are.

Youre

I lost my decoder ring, wtf did you say?

Youre
Youre

So are you asserting these "public utilities" cannot decline to offer services to an individual?

The lawsuit is going nowhere.

Trump is just lonely and needs attention.

I don’t have a problem with private companies running the way they want to run, as long as it’s within the boundaries of the law.

Maybe Trump should create his own website and share his thoughts with us there.

Oh wait…that didn’t work out so well. Tough shit. Then he can go to Facebook and Twitter and deal with their rules just like the rest of us do.

You realize that trump really screwed himself this time? He is challenging these social media platforms because they banned him due to the violence that his post were perpetrating. When this gets into court, he will be forced to sit for hours explaining his actions up to and during the January 6th insurrection. That will be interesting, to say the least.

This coupled with the indictment and future indictments against his crime syndicate could spell doom to the trump crime family.

The lawsuit is going nowhere.

Trump is just lonely and needs attention.

I don’t have a problem with private companies running the way they want to run, as long as it’s within the boundaries of the law.
The Dems in congress and all those wanting more info on what happened on January 6th are giddy with joy over trump's suit. DEPOSITIONS WILL BE SWEET!

Youre
Youre

So are you asserting these "public utilities" cannot decline to offer services to an individual?
The idea that social media platforms are a public utility is the cringiest of all these half baked legal theories.

Maybe Trump should create his own website and share his thoughts with us there.

Oh wait…that didn’t work out so well. Tough shit. Then he can go to Facebook and Twitter and deal with their rules just like the rest of us do.
Well, regardless of where grandpa is going with this .... imo the current line of thinking is just to force the big soc media techs to share user data while protecting personal details, so users such as Trump can find a platform to air his ideas to like minded folks who could choose that platform.

But I don't see anyone addressing the real issue. Facebook cannot be prosecuted for libel that could arise from Russians, or Trump or anyone else who chose to post some information not just false, but posted with either an intent to mislead or no effort to even vet the information. If these soc media entities are really "public utilities" they can be regulated.

Do we want the govt to say what can be posted? Not me. But that's where a "public utility" regulation goes.
Do we want to allow them to be sued if, for example, Russian quasi-KGB operatives, post false information? Or maybe terrorists will use them to recruit people who'd like t bomb on behead folks. Facebook don't want that.

Youre
Youre

The idea that social media platforms are a public utility is the cringiest of all these half baked legal theories.
So the repub party has taken a 180 degree turn on private enterprise, just to please trump? trump has doomed himself. When Facebook and Twitter call on him making a multi-hour deposition explaining his actions concerning the January 6th attack, he will back down quickly....but it will be too later.

Unless they're far left whackjob like you.
I vote to censor u. I mean if we're imposing some personal standards.

I'm curious if the USMB progs/dems will side with Trump on this important censorship issue

Why the fuck would anyone side with Trump's frivolous garbage?

Even if you favor regulating social media more, then you are talking about passing new regulations, not filing meritless cases in court.

I'm curious if the USMB progs/dems will side with Trump on this important censorship issue

Why the fuck would anyone side with Trump's frivolous garbage?

Even if you favor regulating social media more, then you are talking about passing new regulations, not filing meritless cases in court.
Personally, for what little my op is worth, I favor making them provide the data on any user, a user on another platform wishes to post something to. But also imposing the same liability for persons who can show harm to all tech social media firms that is applicable to print and broadcast companies.

Forum List

Back