Trump endorses "the brilliant & well-known" Pennsylvania candidate Dr Oz at rally in...North Carolina "doctor's smart, tough, will never let you down"

Donald Trump and close allies are moving swiftly to contain the blast radius of the backlash sparked by his endorsement of physician Mehmet Oz in the Pennsylvania Senate race.

People familiar with the campaign’s operation said they expect a number of prominent Trumpworld surrogates to soon hit the trail with Oz, demonstrating the depth of his MAGA backing. Among them are Ben Carson, who headed the Department of Housing and Urban Development under Trump, and John Fredericks, a conservative talk radio host, both slated to appear at an Oz event next week.

“My phone has been ringing off the hook from committee chairs in Pennsylvania saying, ‘What the heck is going on? What was President Trump thinking?’” said Army veteran Sean Parnell, the candidate Trump originally endorsed in the race, who withdrew over allegations of abuse from his estranged wife. Parnell is supporting McCormick.

Following Trump’s endorsement, social media erupted with complaints from popular right-wing figures ranging from Blaze TV’s Allie Beth Stuckey and far-right personality Jack Posobiec to longtime Trump hand Roger Stone and Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), who recently saw his own Trump endorsement rescinded by the former president.

“It’s like Donald Trump’s staff is sabotaging Trump by convincing him to make the worst possible endorsements,” wrote conservative pundit Erick Erickson on Twitter.

According to people familiar with the matter, those most influential in the decision included Hannity; Trump’s wife, Melania Trump; and Palm Beach friends such as billionaire Steve Wynn. Trump was impressed by the crowds at Oz’s Senate campaign events, and he was aware that McCormick had made negative comments about Trump in the past on video, according to a person familiar with Trump’s thinking.

Snover was thrilled with Trump’s endorsement, and she said she had lobbied for it after undergoing her own transformation from Oz skeptic to Oz fan. She sees a parallel between Oz and Trump.

“I went back today and was watching some old videos of Trump when he said he was pro-choice before he ran. And he ended up being the most pro-life president we’ve ever had in our history of the Republican Party,” she said. “So these people who are trashing Oz, they did this to Trump when they ran. … They’re saying, ‘Oh, he’s pro-choice and he’s a liberal and he’s a RINO and he’s for Democrats.’ They said all that about Trump.”

Trump has endorsed so many bad candidates, Democrats actually think he could help them keep the midterms by flooding polls with losers.

Fuck that kagaroo-camel boy.
I want DR.OZ
John Osborn
kinopoisk_ru_Ozzy_Os-1.jpg

Trump loves controversy. the more you tell him not to do something, i'm convinced, that's exactly what he's gonna do!

Trump loves controversy. the more you tell him not to do something, i'm convinced, that's exactly what he's gonna do!

hbdagsfot4u81.jpg

then Trump is gonna get fatter.

I'm not at all happy with the endorsement of Dr. Oz---
but neither am I going to throw a fit over it.

I support Trump
I'm not required to agree with everything.

Personally, I think it'd be better all around if he didn't endorse ANYone before a primary.

Let the voters decide. That's what primaries are for!

Forum List

Back