Trump donates $100,000 from salary to alcoholism research

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012

President Trump has reportedly donated $100,000 from his 2018 salary to an institute that researches alcoholism.

The White House confirmed to The Hill Saturday evening that Trump donated $100,000 to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, a subsidiary of the National Institutes of Health.

The president's older brother, Fred Trump Jr., died of alcoholism-related complications in 1981, a death that the president has frequently cited as a reason why he does not drink and has not engaged in recreational drug use.

Trump pledged in 2016 to donate his $400,000 presidential salary if he won the White House, and has since donated the paycheck in installments to various government agencies.

In October, he donated the same amount, his quarterly salary, to the Small Business Administration run by Linda McMahon.

"It will be put to good use," McMahon said at the time, while adding that it would be used for the agency's "Emerging Leaders" program.

Other past recipients of the president's salary donations include the Transportation Department, the Health and Human Services Department for use in fighting the opioid epidemic, the National Park Service and the Department of Education.

Big fucking deal. I'm no billionaire, and I've been spending my hard earned money researching alcohol since I was 14. :eusa_snooty:

President Trump has reportedly donated $100,000 from his 2018 salary to an institute that researches alcoholism.

The White House confirmed to The Hill Saturday evening that Trump donated $100,000 to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, a subsidiary of the National Institutes of Health.

The president's older brother, Fred Trump Jr., died of alcoholism-related complications in 1981, a death that the president has frequently cited as a reason why he does not drink and has not engaged in recreational drug use.

Trump pledged in 2016 to donate his $400,000 presidential salary if he won the White House, and has since donated the paycheck in installments to various government agencies.

In October, he donated the same amount, his quarterly salary, to the Small Business Administration run by Linda McMahon.

"It will be put to good use," McMahon said at the time, while adding that it would be used for the agency's "Emerging Leaders" program.

Other past recipients of the president's salary donations include the Transportation Department, the Health and Human Services Department for use in fighting the opioid epidemic, the National Park Service and the Department of Education.

Big fucking deal. I'm no billionaire, and I've been spending my hard earned money researching alcohol since I was 14. :eusa_snooty:

He wants to better understand what makes people vote for him.

A portion to syphilis research might have been wise. Opiate addiction maybe.

A portion to syphilis research might have been wise. Opiate addiction maybe.

Nope. No one cares about your self-inflicted problems.

Trump is driving people to drink and drink more. He is worth billions to the alcohol industry.

In related news, $100,000 donated by Trump for alcoholism research mysteriously disappeared overnight...

th

Forum List

Back