Trump Doing His Best To Increase Cost Of Health Care

Trump administration takes another major swipe at the Affordable Care Act

From the link:
The Trump administration took another major swipe at the Affordable Care Act, halting billions of dollars in annual payments required under the law to even out the cost to insurers whose customers need expensive medical services.

Trump is violating a requirement of a law. I guess this means Fox News et al. are screaming for his impeachment right now, right? Right?

More from the link:
Risk adjustment is one of three methods built into the 2010 health-care law to help insulate insurance companies from the ACA requirement that they accept all customers for the first time — healthy and sick — without charging more to those who need substantial care.

The other two methods were temporary, but risk adjustment is permanent. Federal health officials are required each year to calculate which insurers with relatively low-cost consumers must chip in to a fund, and which ones with more expensive customers are owed money. This idea of pooling risk has had significant practical effects: encouraging insurers to participate in the insurance marketplaces the ACA created for Americans who cannot get affordable health benefits through a job.

Those two paragraphs are longer than a tweet, and have a lot of words bigger than one syllable. So 90 percent of pseudocons probably fell asleep by the second sentence.

But this is serious stuff. It will have a devastating impact on the cost of health insurance. Then Trump will try to blame Obama, and the rube herd will bleev what they are told to bleev, and parrot what they are told to parrot.

More from the link:
“Risk adjustment is a mandatory program under federal law,” said Scott Serota, president of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. “Without a quick resolution . . . this action will significantly increase 2019 premiums for millions of individuals and small business owners. . . . It will undermine Americans’ access to affordable coverage, particularly for those who need medical care the most.”

Matt Eyles, president of America’s Health Insurance Plans, noted in a statement that the timing of this latest move could be particularly disruptive, because this is the season during which insurers around the country decide whether to take part in ACA marketplaces for 2019 and, if so, what rates to charge. “This decision . . . will create more market uncertainty and increase premiums for many health plans,” Eyles said.
It's named after a black guy, it must be destroyed!!!

So Trump's people can come up with a similar plan 20 months later and name it after him and thus save America!!!

Who is this black person name the "Affordable Care Act"?

Interesting name...
Maybe this will help clear up your "playing dumb" act:

It’s a kind of reverse “halo effect,” says Scott Rick, an associate professor of marketing at the University of Michigan. “If you already like someone, anything new they do gets the benefit of the doubt. If you already dislike someone, everything they subsequently touch is tainted. For many conservatives, Obamacare is the fruit of a poisonous tree.”

Some states have found the label so toxic that, in an effort to boost enrollment, they hid it. Kentucky expanded Medicaid under Obamacare, but the state called it “Kentucky Connect” (portmanteau’d to “Kynect”) because,
as Obama told Vox recently, “I don’t poll that well in Kentucky.”

So in other words, when the exact same plan is not named after a black guy, certain Americans love it

So, you're mildly or severely retarded?

Meh, Dem's own 100% of Obamacare I'm fine using it to club them over the head.
There is no ObamaCare any more.

We're under the TrumpCare regime now.

And you own it. You actually defend it. You excuse it, where required.

LOL good luck trying to sell that one to the American people Dem's own the whole entire mess.
You are actually fulfilling my prediction earlier in this thread.

Awesome.

Enjoy, meanwhile Obamacare is crumbling and Dem's own it. :eusa_dance:
You can keep saying that, but you are only fooling yourself.

That's why I keep saying "and they STILL haven't caught on they were hoaxed".

You rubes are really, really, really, really slow on the uptake.

Yes yes you libs and your sour grapes wishful thinking. :itsok:

The Republicans removed the fucking mandate. We did catch a break.
So people losing their coverage is catching a break for you?
People should learn to take care of themselves! Right! Are Americans too poor to afford health insurance? Evidently not cause ewe numbskulls keep importing millions more poor people. Enjoy your premiums, you brought it on yourselves!

Oh sure, if you dont have $50K saved up for a heart attack. or $100K for cancer treatment we should just let you die.
Well if I have to pay for ewe and for me I can’t save either! Get to work.

Trump Doing His Best To Increase Cost Of Health Care

It's working.

People should learn to take care of themselves! Right! Are Americans too poor to afford health insurance? Evidently not cause ewe numbskulls keep importing millions more poor people. Enjoy your premiums, you brought it on yourselves!

Oh sure, if you dont have $50K saved up for a heart attack. or $100K for cancer treatment we should just let you die.
If we can afford to have a military that spans the world, we can pay for healthcare.
Don't you agree?

If we can afford to have a military that spans the world, we can pay for healthcare.
Don't you agree?
Well maybe when Europe steps up and pays their own fucking way! Agree?

There is no ObamaCare any more.

We're under the TrumpCare regime now.

And you own it. You actually defend it. You excuse it, where required.

LOL good luck trying to sell that one to the American people Dem's own the whole entire mess.

Awesome.

G5000 is neither a lib nor a fan of Obamacare, rube

Awesome.

G5000 is neither a lib nor a fan of Obamacare, rube

LOL riiiiiight.

From the link:
The Trump administration took another major swipe at the Affordable Care Act, halting billions of dollars in annual payments required under the law to even out the cost to insurers whose customers need expensive medical services.

Trump is violating a requirement of a law. I guess this means Fox News et al. are screaming for his impeachment right now, right? Right?

More from the link:
Risk adjustment is one of three methods built into the 2010 health-care law to help insulate insurance companies from the ACA requirement that they accept all customers for the first time — healthy and sick — without charging more to those who need substantial care.

The other two methods were temporary, but risk adjustment is permanent. Federal health officials are required each year to calculate which insurers with relatively low-cost consumers must chip in to a fund, and which ones with more expensive customers are owed money. This idea of pooling risk has had significant practical effects: encouraging insurers to participate in the insurance marketplaces the ACA created for Americans who cannot get affordable health benefits through a job.

Those two paragraphs are longer than a tweet, and have a lot of words bigger than one syllable. So 90 percent of pseudocons probably fell asleep by the second sentence.

But this is serious stuff. It will have a devastating impact on the cost of health insurance. Then Trump will try to blame Obama, and the rube herd will bleev what they are told to bleev, and parrot what they are told to parrot.

More from the link:
“Risk adjustment is a mandatory program under federal law,” said Scott Serota, president of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. “Without a quick resolution . . . this action will significantly increase 2019 premiums for millions of individuals and small business owners. . . . It will undermine Americans’ access to affordable coverage, particularly for those who need medical care the most.”

Matt Eyles, president of America’s Health Insurance Plans, noted in a statement that the timing of this latest move could be particularly disruptive, because this is the season during which insurers around the country decide whether to take part in ACA marketplaces for 2019 and, if so, what rates to charge. “This decision . . . will create more market uncertainty and increase premiums for many health plans,” Eyles said.
Wait a minute...didn't the GOP sue Obama for not instituting a portion of the ACA (that they didn't want enacted in the first place)?

Why, yes they did...

House Republicans sue President Obama
Do you suppose they will sue Trump for this recent action?

Nope.

Hypocrisy in action.

Sue him for what?

For not following the law...that was what they sued Obama for...

From the link:

More from the link:

More from the link:

Wait a minute...didn't the GOP sue Obama for not instituting a portion of the ACA (that they didn't want enacted in the first place)?

Why, yes they did...

House Republicans sue President Obama
Do you suppose they will sue Trump for this recent action?

Nope.

Hypocrisy in action.

Sue him for what?

For not following the law...that was what they sued Obama for...

Well, hell, then we ought to sue every fricken Democrat for their position on open borders.

Forum List

Back