Trump Doing His Best To Increase Cost Of Health Care

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Trump administration takes another major swipe at the Affordable Care Act

From the link:
The Trump administration took another major swipe at the Affordable Care Act, halting billions of dollars in annual payments required under the law to even out the cost to insurers whose customers need expensive medical services.

Trump is violating a requirement of a law. I guess this means Fox News et al. are screaming for his impeachment right now, right? Right?

More from the link:
Risk adjustment is one of three methods built into the 2010 health-care law to help insulate insurance companies from the ACA requirement that they accept all customers for the first time — healthy and sick — without charging more to those who need substantial care.

The other two methods were temporary, but risk adjustment is permanent. Federal health officials are required each year to calculate which insurers with relatively low-cost consumers must chip in to a fund, and which ones with more expensive customers are owed money. This idea of pooling risk has had significant practical effects: encouraging insurers to participate in the insurance marketplaces the ACA created for Americans who cannot get affordable health benefits through a job.

Those two paragraphs are longer than a tweet, and have a lot of words bigger than one syllable. So 90 percent of pseudocons probably fell asleep by the second sentence.

But this is serious stuff. It will have a devastating impact on the cost of health insurance. Then Trump will try to blame Obama, and the rube herd will bleev what they are told to bleev, and parrot what they are told to parrot.

More from the link:
“Risk adjustment is a mandatory program under federal law,” said Scott Serota, president of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. “Without a quick resolution . . . this action will significantly increase 2019 premiums for millions of individuals and small business owners. . . . It will undermine Americans’ access to affordable coverage, particularly for those who need medical care the most.”

Matt Eyles, president of America’s Health Insurance Plans, noted in a statement that the timing of this latest move could be particularly disruptive, because this is the season during which insurers around the country decide whether to take part in ACA marketplaces for 2019 and, if so, what rates to charge. “This decision . . . will create more market uncertainty and increase premiums for many health plans,” Eyles said.

Trump lied right to your faces when he told you he would give you "such great health care at a tiny fraction of the cost".

He has such utter contempt for you, and you STILL have not caught on.

Trump never intended, nor does he have the necessary intelligence or ability, to keep that promise.

All he knows how to do is sabotage ObamaCare and make it even worse than it already is.

You also said this last year and my insurance costs went down a month or so ago.
My deductible went down 1500 big ones and my co insurance went down 20%

Fuck the insurance companies. I tried to give a shit but I really just can't.

You also said this last year and my insurance costs went down a month or so ago.
Anecdotes don't mean shit.

The majority of Americans are experiencing the highest insurance premiums and health care costs in American history.

So much for "tiny fraction of the cost"!

Trump administration takes another major swipe at the Affordable Care Act

From the link:
The Trump administration took another major swipe at the Affordable Care Act, halting billions of dollars in annual payments required under the law to even out the cost to insurers whose customers need expensive medical services.

Trump is violating a requirement of a law. I guess this means Fox News et al. are screaming for his impeachment right now, right? Right?

More from the link:
Risk adjustment is one of three methods built into the 2010 health-care law to help insulate insurance companies from the ACA requirement that they accept all customers for the first time — healthy and sick — without charging more to those who need substantial care.

The other two methods were temporary, but risk adjustment is permanent. Federal health officials are required each year to calculate which insurers with relatively low-cost consumers must chip in to a fund, and which ones with more expensive customers are owed money. This idea of pooling risk has had significant practical effects: encouraging insurers to participate in the insurance marketplaces the ACA created for Americans who cannot get affordable health benefits through a job.

Those two paragraphs are longer than a tweet, and have a lot of words bigger than one syllable. So 90 percent of pseudocons probably fell asleep by the second sentence.

But this is serious stuff. It will have a devastating impact on the cost of health insurance. Then Trump will try to blame Obama, and the rube herd will bleev what they are told to bleev, and parrot what they are told to parrot.

More from the link:
“Risk adjustment is a mandatory program under federal law,” said Scott Serota, president of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. “Without a quick resolution . . . this action will significantly increase 2019 premiums for millions of individuals and small business owners. . . . It will undermine Americans’ access to affordable coverage, particularly for those who need medical care the most.”

Matt Eyles, president of America’s Health Insurance Plans, noted in a statement that the timing of this latest move could be particularly disruptive, because this is the season during which insurers around the country decide whether to take part in ACA marketplaces for 2019 and, if so, what rates to charge. “This decision . . . will create more market uncertainty and increase premiums for many health plans,” Eyles said.
It's named after a black guy, it must be destroyed!!!

So Trump's people can come up with a similar plan 20 months later and name it after him and thus save America!!!

Anecdotes don't mean shit.

The majority of Americans are experiencing the highest insurance premiums and health care costs in American history.

So much for "tiny fraction of the cost"!
LOL ok Goebbels
Sorry for countering your fear mongering with the real world.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/health-insurance-premiums.aspx

Annual premiums reached $18,764 for 2017
, up 3 percent from 2015 for an average family coverage with workers on average paying $5,714 towards the cost of their coverage.* For those Americans who are fully-covered, these cost realities affect employers, both large and small, plus the "pocket-book impact" on ordinary families. Yet for those buying insurance on an exchange or private market plan for 2017, the average increase before subsidies was a shocking 25 percent.

"Insurers have started to propose some pretty eye-popping premium increases for Affordable Care Act coverage in 2019.

Fuck the insurance companies.
Lets ban health insurance.

Agreed, we can call it universal healthcare, and the money saved through preventative care and the removal of insurance companies will actually save money.
Im not ok with universal healthcare but it would probably be better than obiewoncare, probably.
My problem is, Washington is filled with incompetent greedy assholes who dont give 2 shits about any of us.
Putting my healthcare in their hands? No way.
The fed gov has too much power. Unconstitutional power.
Gawd knows they dont need more.

Trump's pulling a trick on you. With this latest maneuver, he is trying to drive insurance companies off the government exchanges, and then Fox News will blame Obama.

"...this is the season during which insurers around the country decide whether to take part in ACA marketplaces for 2019 and, if so, what rates to charge.“

My insurance costs and premiums have gone down along with several of coworkers and friends. Ocare should die next year when the penalty is dropped .
Glad to hear my company isnt the only one where costs are going down.

Trump's pulling a trick on you. With this latest maneuver, he is trying to drive insurance companies off the government exchanges, and then Fox News will blame Obama.

"...this is the season during which insurers around the country decide whether to take part in ACA marketplaces for 2019 and, if so, what rates to charge.“
Does your employer provide health insurance?
Explain...
Retired?
Between jobs?
White collar?
Blue collar?

but no threats to Russia?
breastfeeding resolution on Twitter
News about breastfeeding resolution on Twitter
Julie Davis
(@juliehdavis)

Lot going on in this tweet, but one of the things is the president confirming @AndrewJacobsNYT scoop about how his administration derailed the breastfeeding resolution (which did not restrict access to formula, only false advertising of it) twitter.com/realdonaldt…
38 mins ago · Twitter
Eugene Gu, MD
(@eugenegu)

@realDonaldTrump The Trump administration prevented the World Health Organization from passing a resolution on breast feeding in order to boost the $70 billion infant formula industry. This is highly corrupt, unethical, and dangerous.
1 hour ago · Twitter
David Dayen
(@ddayen)

Up @latimes on that appalling Trump administration bullying on a breastfeeding resolution - and how threatening trade sanctions on behalf of corporate interests is a bipartisan tradition www.latimes.com/opinion…
18 secs ago · Twitter
Tara Siegel Bernard
(@tarasbernard)

The @nytimes defends the accuracy of its story, which says: "Based on decades of research, the resolution says that mother’s milk is healthiest for children and countries should strive to limit the inaccurate or misleading marketing of breast milk substitutes." twitter.com/realDonaldT…
4 mins ago · Twitter
NYT Opinion
(@nytopinion)

The move by U.S. officials to thwart a breast-feeding resolution is just one example of bullying other countries on global health nyti.ms/2KHCXKt
5 mins ago · Twitter
WXII 12 News
(@WXII)

NYT: US used 'threats' regarding international breastfeeding resolution bit.ly/2KYZr98pic.twitter.com/lipxaPR…

My problem is, Washington is filled with incompetent greedy assholes who dont give 2 shits about any of us.

Well if we can't trust them to do anything meaningful at all because they're corrupt assholes we have a serious fucking problem. Drastic action needs to be taken immediately. We are falling behind the rest of the civilized world. I just spent a month in Sweden and the people there think we're fucking insane. They can't fathom how 330 million people would allow their government to piss on them year after year. I guess there are serious drawbacks though. They have fewer billionaires and not as many skyscrapers. A real fucking pity, but they find it an acceptable trade for a healthy and happy populous. Our priorities are so fucked up it is beyond comprehension.

Well if we can't trust them to do anything meaningful at all because they are corrupt assholes we have a serious fucking problem. Drastic action needs to be taken immediately. We are falling behind the rest of the civilized world. I just spent a month in Sweden and the people there think we're fucking insane. They can't fathom how 330 million people would allow their government to piss on them year after year. I guess there are serious drawbacks though. They have fewer billionaires and not as many skyscrapers. A real fucking pity, but they find it an acceptable trade for a healthy and happy populous. Our priorities are so fucked up it is beyond comprehension.
I completely agree! Of course, i cant fathom how someone happily gives the govt 60% of their income. lol

Forum List

Back