Trump doing great for the economy.

Why do you post graphs that prove that all of this started long before your god took the White House.
Why don't you post a graph of how Trump could possibly lose the election, everything else is moot.

I do not think he will, would be shocking if he did.
Then you do not think.

I think that was pretty weak there little one. I am sure you can do better than that.
Carlyle's David Rubenstein: Trump 'policies seem to be working' to boost the US economy

Gator, enjoy. This man is fairly unbiased IMO. Let me know your thoughts.

Why do you post graphs that prove that all of this started long before your god took the White House.
Why don't you post a graph of how Trump could possibly lose the election, everything else is moot.

Then you do not think.

I think that was pretty weak there little one. I am sure you can do better than that.
Carlyle's David Rubenstein: Trump 'policies seem to be working' to boost the US economy

This is your ringing endorsement...“Some of these policies seem to be working,”?

But I agree they are working, they are keeping the expansion going well past its natural lifespan. The problem is that many of those policies are also the same ones that would be used to get out of a recession. And since we already fired all those bullets, what happens when the recession comes?

Yes, Trump is a chronically dishonest vulgarian who often spews rhetoric unbecoming of the Oval Office. But not only have people already become desensitized to this fact, their personal distaste for Trump will pale in comparison to the salience of their satisfaction in their own personal economic prospects if things continue apace until Election Day.

Then you do not think.

This is your ringing endorsement...“Some of these policies seem to be working,”?

But I agree they are working, they are keeping the expansion going well past its natural lifespan. The problem is that many of those policies are also the same ones that would be used to get out of a recession. And since we already fired all those bullets, what happens when the recession comes?
My clients tell me if that happens the Govt will spend on infrastructure to reboot the economy so many are investing in businesses that would benefit from such spending.

Then you do not think.

Not a Trump guy but...
Carlyle’s Rubenstein on Trump: ‘Most presidents get re-elected’

He wouldn't be the first politician to exaggerate how his policies have been better than maybe they have been, but I think his policies have worked or something's working because the economy's doing well,” Rubenstein said. “Unemployment is low, interest rates are low, consumer spending is up, business spending is in pretty good shape, stock markets are at record highs.”

“What more can you ask of somebody is what I would say,” he added. “So there's a lot of consternation about him personally and some of his policies, but in the economy, it's hard to criticize him on the economy.”

Then you do not think.

My clients tell me if that happens the Govt will spend on infrastructure to reboot the economy so many are investing in businesses that would benefit from such spending.

That is what Obama told us as well.

Then you do not think.

He didn’t need to. The TARP (Bush) and lowering of interest rates to the floor while spending $10trn restarted the economy.

Last edited:

He didn’t need to. The TARP (Bush) and lowering of interest rates to the floor while spending $10trn restated the economy.

And how much more will this spending on infrastructure add to the national debt? Do you even care about it?

He didn’t need to. The TARP (Bush) and lowering of interest rates to the floor while spending $10trn restated the economy.

And how much more will this spending on infrastructure add to the national debt? Do you even care about it?
About $2trn. I do. Until we attack entitlements the debt will keep growing. Need to raise the retirement age, attack Medicaid fraud and revamp Medicare

Democrats will lie about the economy. They are lying about it now. They will take out their crayons and draw charts so you will believe them

Why do you post graphs that pr

ove that all of this started long before your god took the White House.
Because he can’t tell the difference. He’s blinded by devotion.
Bullshit
How do you explain this?

I agree with Rubenstein’s sentiment.

The economy is in "reasonably good shape," Rubenstein said. But he argued that it could "always be better, could always be fairer."
I’ve been quite consistent. The economy is fine. It’s been fine. It’s not amazing. It’s not blowing anyone away. It’s not the greatest economy the world has ever seen. There is no monumental difference between the economy now and the last 6 years.

Bullshit
How do you explain this?

The economy is in "reasonably good shape," Rubenstein said. But he argued that it could "always be better, could always be fairer."
I’ve been quite consistent. The economy is fine. It’s been fine. It’s not amazing. It’s not blowing anyone away. It’s not the greatest economy the world has ever seen. There is no monumental difference between the economy now and the last 6 years.
Except there is. I posted a follow up link. Opine on that one. From the same Rubenstein. If you worked in the business world you would never make such a silly claim.

Then you do not think.

Not a Trump guy but...

He wouldn't be the first politician to exaggerate how his policies have been better than maybe they have been, but I think his policies have worked or something's working because the economy's doing well,” Rubenstein said. “Unemployment is low, interest rates are low, consumer spending is up, business spending is in pretty good shape, stock markets are at record highs.”

“What more can you ask of somebody is what I would say,” he added. “So there's a lot of consternation about him personally and some of his policies, but in the economy, it's hard to criticize him on the economy.”
Opine on this one. Let’s see what you got.

Bullshit
How do you explain this?

Except there is. I posted a follow up link. Opine on that one. From the same Rubenstein. If you worked in the business world you would never make such a silly claim.

Your argument is appeal to authority. It’s weak. Even your own attempt to make an argument failed. I can see why you want me to debate Rubenstein.

Then you do not think.

Not a Trump guy but...

I don’t have a ton of criticism on the economy. He hasn’t ruined it despite his misguided trade war. The economy is fine. Business spending dropped as a result of his trade war when it should have gone up. A trillion dollars in deficit spending and low interest rates have led to a higher stock market. As Rubenstein said, it could be better though. This isn’t the kind of huge gains we’ve seen in previous expansions. The president just doesn’t have as big of an impact was we tend to think.

If your argument is that Obama had a dismal economy and Trump’s is the best ever, I don’t think Rubenstein is making this argument for you.

Bullshit
How do you explain this?

Your argument is appeal to authority. It’s weak. Even your own attempt to make an argument failed. I can see why you want me to debate Rubenstein.
Authority? This is a CEO of multi billion asset manager who is not a Trump guy telling you the truth about the economy. Why is going to SMEs a bad debate

Not a Trump guy but...

I don’t have a ton of criticism on the economy. He hasn’t ruined it despite his misguided trade war. The economy is fine. Business spending dropped as a result of his trade war when it should have gone up. A trillion dollars in deficit spending and low interest rates have led to a higher stock market. As Rubenstein said, it could be better though. This isn’t the kind of huge gains we’ve seen in previous expansions. The president just doesn’t have as big of an impact was we tend to think.

If your argument is that Obama had a dismal economy and Trump’s is the best ever, I don’t think Rubenstein is making this argument for you.
China has been robbing us for decades. If you operated in the business world you would see it as necessary. If you’re remodeling your kitchen you’re uncomfortable for 3 mos but then have years of much better use of the room. The pains are temporary but the gains will be much better IMO

Bullshit
How do you explain this?

Authority? This is a CEO of multi billion asset manager who is not a Trump guy telling you the truth about the economy. Why is going to SMEs a bad debate

Appeal to authority is a weak debate tactic. It shows you can’t make the argument yourself so you point so someone to make it for you. I can’t discuss the issue with someone who isn’t present.

Bullshit
How do you explain this?

He is telling you what you want to hear. If I put up a link to one of his peers down talking the economy you would discount it.

Forum List

Back