Trump doing great for the economy.

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
Even Yahoo! published an article stating as such. Excellent! - This is from the CEO of the Carlyle Group.

“He wouldn't be the first politician to exaggerate how his policies have been better than maybe they have been, but I think his policies have worked or something's working because the economy's doing well,” Rubenstein said. “Unemployment is low, interest rates are low, consumer spending is up, business spending is in pretty good shape, stock markets are at record highs.”

“What more can you ask of somebody is what I would say,” he added. “So there's a lot of consternation about him personally and some of his policies, but in the economy, it's hard to criticize him on the economy.”

Yahoo is a dutiful drone in the bolshevik politburo. It's difficult to believe they could stray from the party line like this although it appears quite reluctant.

Even Yahoo! published an article stating as such. Excellent! - This is from the CEO of the Carlyle Group.

“He wouldn't be the first politician to exaggerate how his policies have been better than maybe they have been, but I think his policies have worked or something's working because the economy's doing well,” Rubenstein said. “Unemployment is low, interest rates are low, consumer spending is up, business spending is in pretty good shape, stock markets are at record highs.”

“What more can you ask of somebody is what I would say,” he added. “So there's a lot of consternation about him personally and some of his policies, but in the economy, it's hard to criticize him on the economy.”
He's doing OK.

At some point there has to be a reckoning between the brisk employment numbers and the oddly low corresponding GDP.

I'm still waiting for someone to 'splain that.

He's doing OK.

At some point there has to be a reckoning between the brisk employment numbers and the oddly low corresponding GDP.

I'm still waiting for someone to 'splain that.
Not sure, but, it looks to me like on a percentage basis that GDP is outpacing labor growth, by a bit.

fredgraph.png

But, I've wondered the same thing. It's an unusual business climate. If you want to grow, you have to add people and wage and labor pressure are really strong, but, businesses don't have pricing power.

I wonder if its the fact that folks are coming off the social safety network, so that while there is strong growth, when you deduct what they lost in benefits to go to work, that they don't have as much additional spending power as one would expect.

Last edited:
when Bambi was President, we had up to 35% unemployment with about 90 million americans looking for work, or just giving up hope,,,now we have 3.5% unemployment and 95 Million jobs,,,lol

Making America great even into another term

The economy is fine. It’s been fine for years. There’s no major difference between the economy now and under Obama.

Businesses have never had it so glaringly easy to find great employees who are willing to work until they drop. This generation is knocking it out of the park. That has really boosted the economy.

Forum List

Back