Trump Didn't Lose W/Reopening Cause Both Parties Already Lost!

Jun 6, 2007
All this labeling and analysis of President Trump's reopening of the government as a loss, being politically chastened, surrendering toward Trump is a bunch of garbage. He acted like the adult in the room, a responsible leader who cares about his fellow Americans. If one wants to answer the question who lost I think both parties lost because they both failed to compromise on a subject which was easy to compromise on the lesson they gave is that America needs to change its political system too many people in Washington are working for themselves and not the American people. This point isn't being given front and center position but it should which is that this shutdown demonstrates that the Democrat party's position is that they really aren't against illegal immigration because one cannot be against such and be against border fencing because the physical fence reduces illegal immigration a virtual fence only aids in apprehension of illegal immigrants it doesn't make a meaningful difference in stopping this illegal flow. America has a real and serious problem with this Democrat position the only up side I see is that the majority of rank and file Democrats do not hold this position for it is against their interests and just not good. Good effects probably has come from this shutdown it may not appear in the short term but it probably will in the long-term that being that one day a law will be passed that requires the government to pay federal workers that are deemed necessary and required to work and secondly members of the House and Senate (not including staff -staff provides a vital role of communicating the hardship involved) should not get one penny of pay during a shutdown they should feel the pain as much as possible so they are pressured to abandon their high and mighty stance based on the false principle that Washington leaders must keep open the "entirety" of the government there is no policy stance that justifies not doing this task! From their comments it sure seems the majority of the American people think these two outcomes should be enacted into law!

Democrats have chosen the side of drug cartels and human traffickers.
We’ll see if they will actually negotiate anything during these three weeks. I suspect not, and the shutdown will continue in three weeks.

All this labeling and analysis of President Trump's reopening of the government as a loss, being politically chastened, surrendering toward Trump is a bunch of garbage. He acted like the adult in the room, a responsible leader who cares about his fellow Americans. If one wants to answer the question who lost I think both parties lost because they both failed to compromise on a subject which was easy to compromise on the lesson they gave is that America needs to change its political system too many people in Washington are working for themselves and not the American people. This point isn't being given front and center position but it should which is that this shutdown demonstrates that the Democrat party's position is that they really aren't against illegal immigration because one cannot be against such and be against border fencing because the physical fence reduces illegal immigration a virtual fence only aids in apprehension of illegal immigrants it doesn't make a meaningful difference in stopping this illegal flow. America has a real and serious problem with this Democrat position the only up side I see is that the majority of rank and file Democrats do not hold this position for it is against their interests and just not good. Good effects probably has come from this shutdown it may not appear in the short term but it probably will in the long-term that being that one day a law will be passed that requires the government to pay federal workers that are deemed necessary and required to work and secondly members of the House and Senate (not including staff -staff provides a vital role of communicating the hardship involved) should not get one penny of pay during a shutdown they should feel the pain as much as possible so they are pressured to abandon their high and mighty stance based on the false principle that Washington leaders must keep open the "entirety" of the government there is no policy stance that justifies not doing this task! From their comments it sure seems the majority of the American people think these two outcomes should be enacted into law!

Man, you REALLY have to learn paragraph structure.

Last edited:
The president did not lose, he did the right thing... (for a change!) :D

he should be given credit for it, imo.

It depends what you mean by 'right'.

If you mean 'what he did will benefit the people'? Sure.

If you mean 'he looked into his heart and did what was best for America'? Please. If that were the case, he never would have let the shutdown happen in the first place.

What happened was obvious, to me anyway. He was getting KILLED in the polls and he was given a face-saving way out (for now)...and he took it.

I don't think for one second he did this for 'the greater good' of Americans.

Of course, I don't think Pelosi gives a shit about the average American either.

If you mean 'he looked into his heart and did what was best for America'? Please. If that were the case, he never would have let the shutdown happen in the first place.

What happened was obvious, to me anyway. He was getting KILLED in the polls and he was given a face-saving way out (for now)...and he took it.
True that the polls were showing he was taking a hit in the polling numbers, but the 33%... his true followers, who he really cares about, were still behind him and the shutdown, 100%... And for him to change his mind, and allow the shutdown to end, had to be the hardest thing of his life to do... but he still did it....

he did the right thing, and I don't think there is anything up to this point in his presidency that I could say that about, until now....

so I am not going knock him down for it

True that the polls were showing he was taking a hit in the polling numbers, but the 33%... his true followers, who he really cares about, were still behind him and the shutdown, 100%... And for him to change his mind, and allow the shutdown to end, had to be the hardest thing of his life to do... but he still did it....

he did the right thing, and I don't think there is anything up to this point in his presidency that I could say that about, until now....

Fair enough.

But I happen to think he did it for polling numbers and no other reason.

Obviously, you disagree.

That is your prerogative.

BTW - I do agree with one or two things he has done (leave Syria, try to leave NATO) - though few others. Though I assume you don't like these moves.

Fair enough.

Obviously, you disagree.

BTW - I do agree with one or two things he has done (leave Syria, try to leave NATO) - though few others. Though I assume you don't like these moves.
leaving syria is the right thing, but he did it the wrong way...

and leaving NATO would be the biggest mistake in history!

I don't care what his reason was for ending the shutdown, you could be right it was due to his polling numbers... whatever the reason, matters naught to me...

And for him to change his mind, and allow the shutdown to end, had to be the hardest thing of his life to do... but he still did it....
I would not be surprised if the possibility of a veto proof bill was put to him. This was easier than having Congress defy him to his face.

And for him to change his mind, and allow the shutdown to end, had to be the hardest thing of his life to do... but he still did it....
I would not be surprised if the possibility of a veto proof bill was put to him. This was easier than having Congress defy him to his face.
that is a possibility too! But I don't care why he did it... I'm just glad he did.

Trump hasn't lost yet. He just came to the conclusion that Democrats care so little for federal workers and the American people that this shutdown failed to do what it was intended to do. Therefore, rather than continue to punish the federal workers he's allowing the shutdown to end. However, if Democrats continue to stonewall he will proceed without them as a last resort.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Democrats have chosen the side of drug cartels and human traffickers.
We’ll see if they will actually negotiate anything during these three weeks. I suspect not, and the shutdown will continue in three weeks.
Trump doesnt give a rat's ass if drugs are flooding the US...he never cared, he os just trying to protect his inflated ego.

Fair enough.

Obviously, you disagree.

leaving syria is the right thing, but he did it the wrong way...

and leaving NATO would be the biggest mistake in history!

I don't care what his reason was for ending the shutdown, you could be right it was due to his polling numbers... whatever the reason, matters naught to me...

I am sorry, but I gotta say...how on Earth could America leaving NATO be the 'biggest mistake in history'? History is a LONG time. Worse then Vietnam?

One quick set of facts:

Defense Spending by Country

The UK alone spends more on her military than Russia does. And the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain combined outspend Russia over FOUR TO ONE.

Russia's military is a small fraction of it's Soviet-era might. It could not even dream of militarily standing up to just those five countries alone.

So why does America have to waste it's money helping an organization that needs ZERO help?

Forum List

Back