Trump considers panel to review complaints of anticonservative bias on social media

So Trump is upset that more people on social media dislike him than those that like him. How is that going to work? Is he going to force people that don't like him to write nice things about him? Who is going to decide which people are forced to write nice things about him to make it all even? Wouldn't it be easier for him to just stop doing such stupid things so more people would like him?
That is not remotely what the OP says. What fantasy world do you live it? It has nothing to do with Trump. My friend was banned from Twitter for being pro Israel and posting factual pro Israel data. Puzzling to him as he said Twitter didn’t mind seeing anti Israel and pro Palestine posts. This to me is fine but then Twitter needs to be registered as a content provider vs content disseminator. Cannot have it both ways.
It's likely that the data he was posting wasn't "factual" if he was banned.
Even if it’s not doesn’t mean you ban the person. I have No idea what he posted. Is Twitter not an opinion forum?

You have no idea what he posted, yet you say it was unfair to ban him. You don't think that is just a little bit nuts?
He said it wasn't vulgarity. It was him taking a pro Israel stance. I didn't delve deeply into it as I think Twitter is stupid. Only social media I use is LinkedIn.

You only hear his side of the story, and don't bother to delve into it to see what Twitter had to say about it. That same type reasoning would have you believing every person in prison is totally innocent as well.
I just don't believe sites should suspend people arbitrarily.

You just don't believe sites should suspend people that agree with you politically.
They should not suspend anyone if they are like Verizon or Xfinity as they claim. If they aren't then they should do as they wish but should be regulated differently. If everyone on USMB agreed with me I would never be on this board. Debates are important. You keep putting words in my mouth that aren't true. You're an asshole. If I did that on Twitter, would I be suspended? IDK. I won't be here.
Just admit it’s a free for all and nobody is responsible for any written content .
Seems simple.
But that isn't what the tRumplings want. They want to be able to post lies without having them called lies.
Opinions aren't lies. You're a dick. A complete Leftist dick.
Considering I've been trying unsuccessfully for years to explain that to conservitards it's pretty funny to have it quoted back at me.

But it is correct. Opinions are. It lies, and if all these folks were doing is stating opinions that would be fine, but that's. It what most of them are doing. Facebook is removing verifiably false information and hate speech. Same with twitter and all the rest.

That's all.

You can still post your opinion all you want.
Me stating that Israel has the right to exist is only hate speech in your messed up Leftist world.
That isn't hate speech. They don't ban people for that.
Banned my friend. According to him that is all he said. Maybe he did so more strongly. IDK.

Have you ever seen me post hate speech here? I voted for Trump. We aren't all the same.

If you voted for trump. then by definition you support him and all the crazy conspiracy theories he believes. Without your vote, and so many more just like you, he couldn't foist all that crazy crap on the country.

This is pretty weak. Twitter is not considered the speaker of content published on their platform. That’s the law. Whether they delete something or not is irrelevant.
Not irrelevant at all! Every time Twitter or some big authoritarian tech giant shuts out conservative voices
and lets some leftist voice speak instead they are expressing a preference and their opinion.
Twitter depends entirely on the posts of others and that means they produce virtually no content of their
own and supposedly have a duty to express all points of view.

That's why Congress let them operate their monopoly....like all leftists they lie and then do what they
want to do anyway.

So Trump is upset that more people on social media dislike him than those that like him. How is that going to work? Is he going to force people that don't like him to write nice things about him? Who is going to decide which people are forced to write nice things about him to make it all even? Wouldn't it be easier for him to just stop doing such stupid things so more people would like him?
That is not remotely what the OP says. What fantasy world do you live it? It has nothing to do with Trump. My friend was banned from Twitter for being pro Israel and posting factual pro Israel data. Puzzling to him as he said Twitter didn’t mind seeing anti Israel and pro Palestine posts. This to me is fine but then Twitter needs to be registered as a content provider vs content disseminator. Cannot have it both ways.
Even if it’s not doesn’t mean you ban the person. I have No idea what he posted. Is Twitter not an opinion forum?

You have no idea what he posted, yet you say it was unfair to ban him. You don't think that is just a little bit nuts?
He said it wasn't vulgarity. It was him taking a pro Israel stance. I didn't delve deeply into it as I think Twitter is stupid. Only social media I use is LinkedIn.

You only hear his side of the story, and don't bother to delve into it to see what Twitter had to say about it. That same type reasoning would have you believing every person in prison is totally innocent as well.

You just don't believe sites should suspend people that agree with you politically.
They should not suspend anyone if they are like Verizon or Xfinity as they claim. If they aren't then they should do as they wish but should be regulated differently. If everyone on USMB agreed with me I would never be on this board. Debates are important. You keep putting words in my mouth that aren't true. You're an asshole. If I did that on Twitter, would I be suspended? IDK. I won't be here.
Just admit it’s a free for all and nobody is responsible for any written content .
Seems simple.
But that isn't what the tRumplings want. They want to be able to post lies without having them called lies.
Considering I've been trying unsuccessfully for years to explain that to conservitards it's pretty funny to have it quoted back at me.

But it is correct. Opinions are. It lies, and if all these folks were doing is stating opinions that would be fine, but that's. It what most of them are doing. Facebook is removing verifiably false information and hate speech. Same with twitter and all the rest.

That's all.

Me stating that Israel has the right to exist is only hate speech in your messed up Leftist world.
Would saying that Palestine needs to be wiped off the map be hate speech?
Since Palestine doesn't exist, I don't see how it can be. To me, it would not be but to Twitter it may be. They don't ban those that say Israel should be wiped off the face of the Earth. To me both should be allowed as it is a public opinion forum.
And there's the problem. You think advocating for the oppression of hundreds of thousands of people is not hate speech.

Everyone else knows it is.
I am not going to go off topic here but no it is not hate speech and no one is oppressing them. LOL.
And that is your opinion, and a minority one at that.

But it wasn't hate speech, nor was it a lie.
If it were the minority then Israel would no longer exist. You are a dick, I knew it.
I was talking about your statement that "no one is oppressing them" them presumably being the Palestinians.

It is definitely a minority opinion that nobody is oppressing them.

Nice retreat into name-calling BTW.

That's a sure sign you know you're losing ground.
Who is oppressing them sans Fatah and Hamas? I never lose ground. 50+ Muslim nations. One Jewish nation. Safest place for a Muslim woman or a gay man.....the one Jewish nation. Imagine that
Have you ever been over there?
Once. Many years ago when I was a kid. My parents go frequently. They say its safe. I disagree.

This is pretty weak. Twitter is not considered the speaker of content published on their platform. That’s the law. Whether they delete something or not is irrelevant.
Not irrelevant at all! Every time Twitter or some big authoritarian tech giant shuts out conservative voices
and lets some leftist voice speak instead they are expressing a preference and their opinion.
Twitter depends entirely on the posts of others and that means they produce virtually no content of their
Tell your conservative voices not to lie or use hate speech. Then they won't get "shut down".

Seems simple.

That's all.

That isn't hate speech. They don't ban people for that.
Banned my friend. According to him that is all he said. Maybe he did so more strongly. IDK.

Have you ever seen me post hate speech here? I voted for Trump. We aren't all the same.

If you voted for trump. then by definition you support him and all the crazy conspiracy theories he believes. Without your vote, and so many more just like you, he couldn't foist all that crazy crap on the country.
My vote was meaningless. We have an Electoral College in the US. I may vote for whomever I choose and the same goes for you.

Seems simple.

That's all.

Since Palestine doesn't exist, I don't see how it can be. To me, it would not be but to Twitter it may be. They don't ban those that say Israel should be wiped off the face of the Earth. To me both should be allowed as it is a public opinion forum.

Twitter does try to stop hate speech including anti-Semitism but they can’t possibly police every single tweet. There’s just far too many. It’s impossible.

It’s a private platform. Moreover, their revenue comes from advertisers. They need the flexibility to delete things on their platform that would affect their profitability.
Yet they somehow figure it out...algorithms, people bitching, etc. I want legal experts to opine. Why are you against legal experts opining on this? In the end they could see it your way.
They have seen it my way. You’re asking for the impossible for reasons that you can’t even define.

Twitter has definitely not “figured it out”. They still struggle with it.

Seems simple.

That's all.

And there's the problem. You think advocating for the oppression of hundreds of thousands of people is not hate speech.

I am not going to go off topic here but no it is not hate speech and no one is oppressing them. LOL.

If it were the minority then Israel would no longer exist. You are a dick, I knew it.
I was talking about your statement that "no one is oppressing them" them presumably being the Palestinians.

Who is oppressing them sans Fatah and Hamas? I never lose ground. 50+ Muslim nations. One Jewish nation. Safest place for a Muslim woman or a gay man.....the one Jewish nation. Imagine that
Once. Many years ago when I was a kid. My parents go frequently. They say its safe. I disagree.
It's perfectly safe unless you happen to look like a Palestinian.

Seems simple.

That's all.

Twitter does try to stop hate speech including anti-Semitism but they can’t possibly police every single tweet. There’s just far too many. It’s impossible.

It’s a private platform. Moreover, their revenue comes from advertisers. They need the flexibility to delete things on their platform that would affect their profitability.
Yet they somehow figure it out...algorithms, people bitching, etc. I want legal experts to opine. Why are you against legal experts opining on this? In the end they could see it your way.
They have seen it my way. You’re asking for the impossible for reasons that you can’t even define.

They have not. I disagree. Maybe there is something in between but Twitter is nothing like Verizon or AT&T as they claim.

That's why Congress let them operate their monopoly....like all leftists they lie and then do what they
want to do anyway.
You’ve got it wrong. There is no duty for Twitter to do anything about “all points of view”. That just doesn’t exist.

Seems simple.

That's all.

No such thing as a "Palestinian"...you mean an Arab? So you support a one state solution?

want to do anyway.
You’ve got it wrong. There is no duty for Twitter to do anything about “all points of view”. That just doesn’t exist.
I agree with that. My argument is that they are nothing like Verizon and AT&T as they DO control the narrative. They should be regulated as such.

Seems simple.

That's all.

They have not. I disagree. Maybe there is something in between but Twitter is nothing like Verizon or AT&T as they claim.
Facts don’t care about your feelings.

Seems simple.

That's all.

Facts don’t care about your feelings.
Don't see Twitter on there.

Facts don't care about your Feelings...Twitter was invented 10 years after that law was passed. I want a 2nd look. We are going in circles. Unless you show me your law degree your opinion is meaningless to me. Law degrees don't care about your Google search.

Seems simple.

That's all.

No such thing as a "Palestinian"...you mean an Arab? So you support a one state solution?
It there is such a thing hung as a Palestinian. I've met hundreds of them.

So you haven't read the establishing post in this thread? Or have any qualms with the problem of censorship by corporate giants given access to public internet band-waves?

Well we already know you are perfectly happy to let a few monopolistic corporations shut down fully half
of public discussion in this nation, as if you were Xi Jinping himself. How does it feel to be bending over for
Big Brother? Oh, right. You don't care for classic American values.

Seems simple.

That's all.

It there is such a thing hung as a Palestinian. I've met hundreds of them.
Nope. You have not. You met Arabs who live in a territory they call Palestine. They are Jordanians and Egyptians. Hundreds? LOL. Why?

So you haven't read the establishing post in this thread? Or have any qualms with the problem of censorship by corporate giants given access to public internet band-waves?

Well we already know you are perfectly happy to let a few monopolistic corporations shut down fully half
of public discussion in this nation, as if you were Xi Jinping himself. How does it feel to be bending over for
Big Brother? Oh, right. You don't care for classic American values.
Public internet bandwaves? WTF are you talking about? Twitter isn’t a radio station. They don’t broadcast tweets.

Don’t like twitter. Don’t use twitter. That’s the American way of solving a problem. Not by using the heavy hand of government.

Public internet bandwaves? WTF are you talking about? Twitter isn’t a radio station. They don’t broadcast tweets.
"the FCC classified the internet as a regulated utility under the 1934 Telecommunications Act."
So what rock did you just crawl out from under?

Don’t like twitter. Don’t use twitter. That’s the American way of solving a problem. Not by using the heavy hand of government.
Don't like white only lunch counters and schools? Don't use them then. That's how we do things in
America, right?

The "heavy hand of government" is perfectly appropriate for dealing with monopolistic authoritarians that
don't believe in freedom of speech. Get your ass to China if you don't like our system of government.

Frankly fascists like you turn my stomach.

The poor sensitive snowflakes.

Sad.

I wonder how much sensitive twitter will become if an Online Bill of Rights were passed. These social media companies fear that greatly, the question is, "why should they?"

Yet even Trump as the repub president post comments that are political attacks for the conservative side.

Bernie Sander's volunteers are trashing Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren. Everybody knows her campaign is dead and want her potential voters. Mini Mike B is also trying, but getting tiny crowds which are all

As of January 2019, Trump had insulted 551 people (including private citizens), places, and things on Twitter, ranging from politicians to journalists and news outlets to entire countries.

crooked hillary, lying Ted

Yeah they are probably worried that it would censor their number one tweeter. My bet would be he didn't think about the potential ramification to his favorite social media tool that he uses for one purpose only which is to galvanize his political base using insults and name calling. Making up lies.

No need for a panel, the bias is obvious. What is needed is a sledgehammer.

Forum List

Back