Trump calls for formation of Space Force

Further confirmation of the fact that Trump is an idiot.

Isn't it funny how now Trump's a progressive and you're a regressive who wants to go back to yesteryear.

So to bring you into the third millenium, Fred Flintstone, most military strategists now think a war with China (the only other superpower) would be fought in space first and the winner of that war would win the ground war both because you can blind your enemy and shoot them out of the sky.

It's time for you to retire, old fart

Actually most military strategists think that war with China would be fought in cyberspace first.

That’s actually an excellent idea!!

How cool would it be to prevent a war by having that level of technology?!

They're doing it now. But breaking it out would focus on it. The Air Force was originally part of the Army. The Marines were originally part of the Navy

They're doing it now. But breaking it out would focus on it. The Air Force was originally part of the Army. The Marines were originally part of the Navy

The Marines are a separate branch but they still fall under the Navy.

The Marines are a separate branch but they still fall under the Navy.

No kidding, but thanks

My guess is that the post is based on a Media Matters out of context comment which is relatively common these days.
If only that were true. Unfortunately, Trump really is this stoned on crack: 'Space force': Trump orders new branch of US military

“Very importantly, I’m hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a space force as the sixth branch of the armed forces,” the president said at the White House.

“That’s a big statement. We are going to have the air force and we are going to have the space force – separate but equal. It is going to be something so important.”

I wonder if Trump or any of his idiot supporters know that it is CONGRESS that has to vote on and create a space force? Trump has no control over whether or not it gets passed.

Besides...........................what's wrong with NASA? They already have a lot of the infrastructure built, all they would need to do is go back and rehire all the scientists and technicians that they fired.

Then.......................there is another problem. Where are you going to get all the people to staff it? Of all the age eligible people for military service, only 30 percent of them would be qualified to serve. Either physical, civil convictions, drug use or lack of education can make you ineligible to serve.

Working in space is MUCH more hazardous, and you have to be in EXCELLENT shape as well as healthy as all get out, because medical services are kinda limited in space. I know that when I went to serve on what is called "unusually arduous sea duty" (meant we were only in the States for 3 months over a 2 year stint on the ship, which also means limited medical availability), they had to give me a physical screening, command screening, as well as check my credit before I was allowed to transfer to an MSC ship.

If we started a space force, chances are that only around 5 to 10 percent of the population would even qualify, if they were interested in serving at all.

I know these things because I was a Personnelman, and everytime someone got orders in, I had to check for screenings and get them done.

My guess is that the post is based on a Media Matters out of context comment which is relatively common these days.
If only that were true. Unfortunately, Trump really is this stoned on crack: 'Space force': Trump orders new branch of US military

“Very importantly, I’m hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a space force as the sixth branch of the armed forces,” the president said at the White House.

“That’s a big statement. We are going to have the air force and we are going to have the space force – separate but equal. It is going to be something so important.”

I wonder if Trump or any of his idiot supporters know that it is CONGRESS that has to vote on and create a space force? Trump has no control over whether or not it gets passed.

Besides...........................what's wrong with NASA? They already have a lot of the infrastructure built, all they would need to do is go back and rehire all the scientists and technicians that they fired.

Then.......................there is another problem. Where are you going to get all the people to staff it? Of all the age eligible people for military service, only 30 percent of them would be qualified to serve. Either physical, civil convictions, drug use or lack of education can make you ineligible to serve.

Working in space is MUCH more hazardous, and you have to be in EXCELLENT shape as well as healthy as all get out, because medical services are kinda limited in space. I know that when I went to serve on what is called "unusually arduous sea duty" (meant we were only in the States for 3 months over a 2 year stint on the ship, which also means limited medical availability), they had to give me a physical screening, command screening, as well as check my credit before I was allowed to transfer to an MSC ship.

If we started a space force, chances are that only around 5 to 10 percent of the population would even qualify, if they were interested in serving at all.

I know these things because I was a Personnelman, and everytime someone got orders in, I had to check for screenings and get them done.

You've been watching too much Starship troopers. Space wars would be fought by satellites, not people anytime soon

NASA employees are not military. Anyone who ends up in this "Space Force" or any other space force in the future, will have to go through their version of basic training. They will be disciplined and conditioned for military life. You cant just throw money at a bunch of civilians and expect to have an organized military branch. A lot goes into it.

Where will they get the people to staff it? Do you know how many people will sign up to be mother fucking space warriors? A hell of a lot more then they will need, thats for damn sure, and they will accept only the best, who will then be trained to do the job.

This branch would most likely be carved out of existing personnel in the services, most notably Air Force Space Command. And they wouldn’t be astronauts either.

Trump Wants a 'Space Force.' What Does That Mean? - The Atlantic

TELEMMGLPICT000149075458_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

seriously......

~S~

Well I don't think coming up with the " U.S.S.F. " is such a bad idea. I think it was inevitable that one day it would be created anyway. First off, it would be made up of existing Air Force Space Command, but yes they would also have to be trained as Astronauts. How can you not be trained as an Astronaut if your going into Outer Space ? As far as planetary battle on the grounds of other worlds that's still being decided who does that. In my opinion I think the creation of the United States Space Force is a great idea. It will also be one of those things I think that will help us advance us into the future.

By the way...................has anyone stopped to consider how expensive a space force would be to operate and maintain?

Each time NASA launched a shuttle, it came at a cost of 450 MILLION per mission. How many launches do you think a space force would have per year?

By the way, the cost for EACH shuttle over its 30 year lifespan is 196 BILLION.

Trump has cut taxes, so where is the money going to come from for funding?

Earlier in my reply I wrote " As far planetary battle on the grounds of other worlds that's being decided who does that. " I can only imagine that this is one of the reasons why a Space Force would be created just in case some sort of future conflict happened on a planetary body. Other than that if people around the world decided to have a space battle it would be relative to the orbit around the Earth and the solar system. Most which don't have space craft capable of passing lunar orbit. So, if we were ever to go into battle with the Extraterrestrials the Extraterrestrials would have the upper hand. Besides, I don't think the rest of the Armed Forces would be the one's suitable to fight on another planet in outer space anyway. Because they would not be trained in the zero atmospheric conditions that the Space Force would be, which would be capable of fighting in those conditions. This is one of the reason's why there coming up with a Space Force.

Now, moving on to the topic of how expensive a Space Force is. I think the price becomes reduced as we advance over time. And for now it' needed so we can progress a part of the Armed Forces that we will be prepared to use in the future. Why do you think Trump gave the Military such a huge budget ? Anyway, the idea of a Space Force isn't new it's been floating around for a while.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back