Trump calls for formation of Space Force

In a photo from the future, Trump and Pence lead a squad of space troopers through what appears to be a parking garage

5ae8d953fc7e9352608b45d0.jpg

The really weird part of the timing of this is that the United States is moving more and more towards private enterprise space programs.

What would be the mission of this 'space force'?
The mission should be Asteroid Detecting & Deflection.

AD&D

It is an actual legit threat that we are seemingly ignoring for the most part.

The really weird part of the timing of this is that the United States is moving more and more towards private enterprise space programs.

The mission should be Asteroid Detecting & Deflection.

AD&D

It is an actual legit threat that we are seemingly ignoring for the most part.

Navigation hazards and search and Rescue have been seen as part of government function since colonial days so no new laws or fees are needed just dusting off the old ones from the days of wind powered ships and minor updating. Better yet the hazards can be parked in the moon's Trojan points and be sold off as raw materials to space industrialists.

Russia is already launching satellites capable of destroying other satellites. Currently, they are testing it on space junk. China too has proven that they have the capability to destroy satellites.

Progressives laughed when President Ronald Reagan proposed Star Wars, weapons to destroy rockets in mid-flight. Today, various forms are installed and have been used all over the world.

The desperation of Progressives is getting out of hand, they've really run off the rails in full out panic.

In my opinion, one of the current, most important missions would be the protection of our satellites in space and work today. Russia has launched satellites capable of shooting down satellites with laser beams. They are currently already practicing on space junk. China too has demonstrated that they are able to shoot down satellites.

How do we protect the satellites that control our very existence?

In my opinion, one of the current, most important missions would be the protection of our satellites in space and work today. Russia has launched satellites capable of shooting down satellites with laser beams. They are currently already practicing on space junk. China too has demonstrated that they are able to shoot down satellites.

How do we protect the satellites that control our very existence?

Exactly how we are doing so right now? Under the Air Force?

My guess is that the post is based on a Media Matters out of context comment which is relatively common these days.
If only that were true. Unfortunately, Trump really is this stoned on crack: 'Space force': Trump orders new branch of US military

“Very importantly, I’m hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a space force as the sixth branch of the armed forces,” the president said at the White House.

“That’s a big statement. We are going to have the air force and we are going to have the space force – separate but equal. It is going to be something so important.”

No, really.

Trump used the words "separate but equal". :21:

Further confirmation of the fact that Trump is an idiot.

Isn't it funny how now Trump's a progressive and you're a regressive who wants to go back to yesteryear.

So to bring you into the third millenium, Fred Flintstone, most military strategists now think a war with China (the only other superpower) would be fought in space first and the winner of that war would win the ground war both because you can blind your enemy and shoot them out of the sky.

It's time for you to retire, old fart

I assume it would have multiple purposes. One would be placing weapons in orbit , another would be protecting satellites and other assets in orbit (a single nuclear weapon detonated in orbit would destroy every satellite and make it nearly impossible to leave earth with all that debris flying around), and the third one i assume would be building military space stations, and maybe even eventually some sort of military infrastructure on the moon.

That’s actually an excellent idea!!

How cool would it be to prevent a war by having that level of technology?!

I assume it would have multiple purposes. One would be placing weapons in orbit , another would be protecting satellites and other assets in orbit (a single nuclear weapon detonated in orbit would destroy every satellite and make it nearly impossible to leave earth with all that debris flying around), and the third one i assume would be building military space stations, and maybe even eventually some sort of military infrastructure on the moon.

Bingo

Forum List

Back