trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
No, Im not. Why would anyone think about something so minute?
The only pervert here talking about my dick, fucking moron, is you. First you show you're thinking about me peeing, and now you're fantasizing about my dick. I'm asking you to stop, ya fucking creeper.

The only pervert here talking about my dick, fucking moron, is you. First you show you're thinking about me peeing, and now you're fantasizing about my dick. I'm asking you to stop, ya fucking creeper.
<YAWN!>

It doesn't matter if there is only one ISP involved. The ISP is the common carrier, not Twitter.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you??

Wrong.
When there is one ISP involved, it IS Twitter.
There is not a single social media I have ever worked with that did not act as an ISP.
That is one of their main sources of income.
They are not going to install all that hardware and not sell some profit making aspect to it.

You totally don't get it.
The whole point of whether or not someone is a common carrier is because common carriers are immune to content punishment.
But then if Twitter is not a common carrier, then it has to take on responsibility for content, and then is liable for prosecution for discrimination.
Being a common carrier is what protects companies like Twitter.

The test is simple.
Does Twitter create the content.
The answer is no, so then it is a common carrier.

But if you think ANYONE can legally discriminate, that is just totally wrong.
The only excuse for deleting anything or any one is if they routinely do it to most people, or if it is harmful.
But Twitter never normally does it and it is difficult to even get libel or slander removed.
So this is obvious illegal discrimination.

Wrong.
There is not a single social media I have ever worked with that did not act as an ISP.
They are not going to install all that hardware and not sell some profit making aspect to it.
What are you talking about? Are you saying Twitter sells internet?? Did you get that "fact" from the same info source that told you all discrimination is illegal?
The test is simple.
It's even simpler than that. They are a private company. Government can piss off.
Nope. You're still wrong about this. You've still failed to prove it, because it isn't true. Only a very few types of discrimination are illegal. Your notion that businesses are required to treat everyone equally is pure fantasy.

What are you talking about? Are you saying Twitter sells internet?? Did you get that "fact" from the same info source that told you all discrimination is illegal?

It's even simpler than that. They are a private company. Government can piss off.

Nope. You're still wrong about this. You've still failed to prove it, because it isn't true. Only a very few types of discrimination are illegal. Your notion that businesses are required to treat everyone equally is pure fantasy.

Yes, Twitter is one of the biggest internet sellers in the country.
They sell wholesale, to smaller ISPs, who then sell retail.

Whether or not ISPs are private companies, they still have to follow the rules, not discriminate, and provide equal access.

For any types of discrimination to be illegal, they all have to be illegal.

Yes, Twitter is one of the biggest internet sellers in the country.
They sell wholesale, to smaller ISPs, who then sell retail.
Where did you get that idea? Are you just making this shit up? That's not true at all. Seriously, why would you make a claim that is demonstrably untrue?

Where did you get that idea? Are you just making this shit up? That's not true at all. Seriously, why would you make a claim that is demonstrably untrue?
That's what that one does every time he loses an argument. He's actually dumb enough to think others are dumber than him and will fall for his bullshit.

That's what that one does every time he loses an argument. He's actually dumb enough to think others are dumber than him and will fall for his bullshit.
You give him FAR to much credit.

I think it is clear he believes this crap. Even funnier with statements like:
... I know more about the internet than anyone else likely to be on this entirely board.

Wrong.

You totally don't get it.
The whole point of whether or not someone is a common carrier is because common carriers are immune to content punishment.
But then if Twitter is not a common carrier, then it has to take on responsibility for content, and then is liable for prosecution for discrimination.
Being a common carrier is what protects companies like Twitter.

The test is simple.
Does Twitter create the content.
The answer is no, so then it is a common carrier.

The only excuse for deleting anything or any one is if they routinely do it to most people, or if it is harmful.
But Twitter never normally does it and it is difficult to even get libel or slander removed.
So this is obvious illegal discrimination.

No.

You can't walk into my living room and start shouting Nazi propaganda.

I have rules. You broke the rules and now you must leave.

It's as simple as that.

That is well known truth.
FaceBook and Twitter are the main sources of news, so have to support huge loads of data.
So they create bandwidth.
And in order for that to be cost effective, they then sell it.
Do you think something with as much traffic as FaceBook or Twitter only have one site?
Obviously they not only have distributed sites, but their own bandwidth between sites.
That then is the whole basis for the private internet backbone that is slowly replacing the DARPANet backbone, which originally relied on government sites, like universities.
Who do you think is creating private bandwidth for the Internet?
Sure when it comes to house to house distribution, it is companies like Century Link and Xfinity, but they do not do the backbone.
They are the fanout at the periphery.

No.

You can't walk into my living room and start shouting Nazi propaganda.

I have rules. You broke the rules and now you must leave.

It's as simple as that.

That is because you are not a common carrier.
You create your own content, and can then also choose to censor any content you want.
But people who control a utility other depend upon, has no such freedom.
When they accept the responsibility to replace the aging public internet backbone, they agreed to net neutrality, so then can't discriminate.
You can turn off a Trump commercial to yourself, but Twitter can't turn off all Trump commercials to everyone.
That is obviously illegal.

When they accept the responsibility to replace the aging public internet backbone, they agreed to net neutrality, so then can't discriminate.
You can turn off a Trump commercial to yourself, but Twitter can't turn off all Trump commercials to everyone.
That is obviously illegal.
Lies are not a protected class. You can discriminate against lies, and the lying liars that tell them.

Ah shucks sorry man, this thread needs to be moved because it violates the fresh start theme. Trump's never begged a day in his life.
Well, maybe you're right. As they say, beg, borrow steal.

Trump didn't beg, which leaves borrow and steal as his m.o.

Beg, borrow, or steal - Idioms by The Free Dictionary

To acquire or accomplish something by any means necessary or available. I don't care if you have to beg, borrow, or steal to get it,

By shutting Trump off Twitter also shut off Trump's fans and support.

There is such a thing as too big to.. not fail but TRUST

If you have a platform that reaches millions and millions.. you send a clear message to said millions when u cut someone off.. and for WHAT? Did Trump threaten someone?

I don't think the First Amendment should be ditched just because it's a "private" entity... and how private is it anyway? come on.......

Forum List

Back