Trump and JD Vance....not so vindictive after all....

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
JD Vance is a well dressed, well spoken and deeply intellectual persona that would appear to have nothing at all in common with Donald Trump who is quintessentially crude, boisterous and narcissistic . Not long ago Vance described Trump as a catastrophe in American Politics no less. And yet Trump endorsed him for the OHIO Senate prior to which scenario Vance was slumping in the Polls of a very tight primary race. What could possibly account for this spectacular turn around in positions? Did Vance seek Trump's endorsement even after trashing him publicly and rather virulently because he saw himself failing in the polls? I doubt it. Whatever happened to Trump's famous vindictiveness? Where is it? What I do think is that anyone given enough time to examine the direction of the nation under the two last POTUS people will eventually come to the conclusion that Trump was for America and that Biden simply and honestly is not. Biden is for Biden and for Globalism which is also for Biden...at least Obama had some verifiable mission statements that seemed to be sincere though decidedly misguided. Biden has nothing....not even narcissism....I mean just NOTHING but existential Jello. It's horrible and pathetic really. So Trump is hard to swallow....I get it...but when you realize he actually loves this country...you can deal with it.

When I first heard of Trump's nomination to GOP POTUS race I was not too happy. I never liked him and I still don't. However like and dislike often have absolutely nothing to do with reality in the grand scheme of things. I don't like electric cars particularly but I own one because it is the pragmatic thing to do....because right now in this particular bracket of time and events it is a positive effect for me so I put on my big boy pants and deal with the necessaries as they present themselves not as I wish them to be.

When the nation was left floundering in the Wake of the lies and economic destruction of the Obama administration, even though his acolytes will throw a thousand doctored up numbers at you to convince you otherwise, what America needed was a tough guy not a marshmallow. Let's start with the Tariffs which the left has always condemned hypocritically. Given no oversight whatsoever the Chinese industries operate free from EPA, DEA, OSHA and several others to unfairly compete with American businesses. Sure the Tariffs affected jobs here because the Chinese own 40 percent of the American business base....but those jobs needed to be affected to get where we needed to be. Biden still has the Tariffs....soooooo figure it out for yourselves. If they are so bad why did he keep them? Because his staff secretly told him that they were a good idea that's why.

But I digress....this post is not about Tariffs...it's about seeing what America needs whether you like the way it looks or not. Vance is exactly the kind of person that the Senate needs and Trump knows this. He did not allow his personal experience with the man to interfere because despite being Rude, Crude and narcissitic he is also ultimately pragmatic...and so is Vance as far as I can see. He was able to overcome his initial reaction to Trump because pragmatism wins in the end. This guy has the full potential to become the next " Lion of the Senate ".....he will be there just in time to see Trump's second Administration.

JO

Last edited:
No, puerile vapidity isn't a virtue.
Tell that to the greatest POTUS people who have ever taken that seat.

Roosevelt ( both of them rude, immoral and aggressive), Wilson ( dreamed of a world free from all people of color ) Eisenhower ( rude, vulgar and impatient but did calculus for fun) .....

Your one line emotionally charged party pledges just suck for applicability. Let's face it....you hated broccoli as a kid and decided it was from the devil because of that.

JO

Tell that to the greatest POTUS people who have ever taken that seat.

Roosevelt ( both of them rude, immoral and aggressive), Wilson ( dreamed of a world free from all people of color ) Eisenhower ( rude, vulgar and impatient but did calculus for fun) .....

Your one line emotionally charged party pledges just suck for applicability. Let's face it....you hated broccoli as a kid and decided it was from the devil because of that.

JO
was talking about the yellow butthead, dude.

JD Vance is a well dressed, well spoken and deeply intellectual persona that would appear to have nothing at all in common with Donald Trump who is quintessentially crude, boisterous and narcissistic . Not long ago Vance described Trump as a catastrophe in American Politics no less. And yet Trump endorsed him for the OHIO Senate prior to which scenario Vance was slumping in the Polls of a very tight primary race. What could possibly account for this spectacular turn around in positions? Did Vance seek Trump's endorsement even after trashing him publicly and rather virulently because he saw himself failing in the polls? I doubt it. Whatever happened to Trump's famous vindictiveness? Where is it? What I do think is that anyone given enough time to examine the direction of the nation under the two last POTUS people will eventually come to the conclusion that Trump was for America and that Biden simply and honestly is not. Biden is for Biden and for Globalism which is also for Biden...at least Obama had some verifiable mission statements that seemed to be sincere though decidedly misguided. Biden has nothing....not even narcissism....I mean just NOTHING but existential Jello. It's horrible and pathetic really. So Trump is hard to swallow....I get it...but when you realize he actually loves this country...you can deal with it.

When I first heard of Trump's nomination to GOP POTUS race I was not too happy. I never liked him and I still don't. However like and dislike often have absolutely nothing to do with reality in the grand scheme of things. I don't like electric cars particularly but I own one because it is the pragmatic thing to do....because right now in this particular bracket of time and events it is a positive effect for me so I put on my big boy pants and deal with the necessaries as they present themselves not as I wish them to be.

When the nation was left floundering in the Wake of the lies and economic destruction of the Obama administration, even though his acolytes will throw a thousand doctored up numbers at you to convince you otherwise, what America needed was a tough guy not a marshmallow. Let's start with the Tariffs which the left has always condemned hypocritically. Given no oversight whatsoever the Chinese industries operate free from EPA, DEA, OSHA and several others to unfairly compete with American businesses. Sure the Tariffs affected jobs here because the Chinese own 40 percent of the American business base....but those jobs needed to be affected to get where we needed to be. Biden still has the Tariffs....soooooo figure it out for yourselves. If they are so bad why did he keep them? Because his staff secretly told him that they were a good idea that's why.

But I digress....this post is not about Tariffs...it's about seeing what America needs whether you like the way it looks or not. Vance is exactly the kind of person that the Senate needs and Trump knows this. He did not allow his personal experience with the man to interfere because despite being Rude, Crude and narcissitic he is also ultimately pragmatic...and so is Vance as far as I can see. He was able to overcome his initial reaction to Trump because pragmatism wins in the end. This guy has the full potential to become the next " Lion of the Senate ".....he will be there just in time to see Trump's second Administration.

JO

He didn't get my vote regardless of Trump's endorsement. In the primary we had two former anti-Trump candidates. I don't like people with no integrity; people who lick their finger and stick it in the air to see which way the wind is blowing.

My opinion is Trump didn't study the candidates. Fox loved Vance and had him on various shows all the time, so Trump probably assumed if Fox liked him that much, he must be okay.
I think if Trump did his homework on our race he would have supported the guy I voted for, Mike Gibbons. He was with Trump from the beginning through thick and thin. Like Trump he's a successful businessman. I don't mind saying, Trump screwed up IMO.

He didn't get my vote regardless of Trump's endorsement. In the primary we had two former anti-Trump candidates. I don't like people with no integrity; people who lick their finger and stick it in the air to see which way the wind is blowing.

My opinion is Trump didn't study the candidates. Fox loved Vance and had him on various shows all the time, so Trump probably assumed if Fox liked him that much, he must be okay.
I think if Trump did his homework on our race he would have supported the guy I voted for, Mike Gibbons. He was with Trump from the beginning through thick and thin. Like Trump he's a successful businessman. I don't mind saying, Trump screwed up IMO.
You are a solid poster and I have a very high regard for your opinions. This is a good opinion

JO

Forum List

Back