Trump aides to dodge supoenas for Jan 6th insurrection hearing

The US may have already moved beyond the rule of law Tommy.
There's a good indication they have on account of the law's reluctance to act against Trump.
The Jan.6th. promotion of violence by Trump is not debatable, yet the repercussions are almost certainly being predicted as being much too harmful to chance.

America is already being held hostage by extremists who are threatening something on the order of war in the streets and the law is taking that seriously.

America's best chance of escaping the carnage is to treat the situation with Kid gloves and hope that moderate methods of taking down the Trump threat will work over time.
It's become a powder keg and I think it's likely the subpoenas won't be pursued for some reason or other. Most likely them being held up by appeals. That is, invalid appeals deemed to be valid by a crooked court system. And that will be the proof of my suspicions.
I'll say it again: I never thought I would see this happen here. Never in a million years. Never. Not in America.

A true group pathology, a hyper-aggressive, sociopathic, political/ideological cult, all centered around one flamboyant, neurotic, childlike New York City billionaire. Of all fuckin' people. A mockery made of our very electoral process and rule of law by these misguided ersatz populist nationalist libertarians who want to tear it all down.

No way. Never. And I don't think a lot of the country really has its head around this yet.

Trump & Co are responsible for their actions. Any adult is.

Changing the subject doesn't change that fact.

And never trumpers are responsible for their own actions as well. And if their actions mean that we are doomed to have the New Green Deal and the other atrocities of Bidenism, they have to accept responsibility for them.

I'll say it again: I never thought I would see this happen here. Never in a million years. Never. Not in America.

A true group pathology, a hyper-aggressive, sociopathic, political/ideological cult, all centered around one flamboyant, neurotic, childlike New York City billionaire. Of all fuckin' people. A mockery made of our very electoral process and rule of law by these misguided ersatz populist nationalist libertarians who want to tear it all down.

No way. Never. And I don't think a lot of the country really has its head around this yet.
It and Trump are going to have to be taken down cautiously.
I think your military can be depended upon if things get bad, but there's still likely going to be a lot of blood.
America could still escape any great amount of damage and come out of this with nothing more than an experiment with fascism. Even better for the experience!

It and Trump are going to have to be taken down cautiously.
I think your military can be depended upon if things get bad, but there's still likely going to be a lot of blood.
America could still escape any great amount of damage and come out of this with nothing more than an experiment with fascism. Even better for the experience!
One of the things that concerns me is whether the media people who have made this happen have created a monster they won't be able to shut down if this gets too close to the edge.

Hell, the rubes booed Trump himself when he said good things about the vaccine. If the shit really does start to hit the fan, I'm not certain that Trump, Hannity, Beck, Tucker, Levin, Fox, NewsMax or the rest of Trump Co. will be able to stop it.

This is Kabuki Theater for Trump Co., but it's good vs. evil for the rubes. L i t e r a l l y.

Yup. All one has to do is look up the word.

Oh, and not lie.
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:We would have conquered long before this if you think what happened was any threat to our government. Are you truly as stupid as you sound, and is it contagious? There seems to be an epidemic here.

Oh, I realize how much more intelligent you Trumpsters are than the rest of us.

No doubt.
You are not capable of recognizing anything. You have been lied to and conditioned. You have no ability to think for yourself.

One of the things that concerns me is whether the media people who have made this happen have created a monster they won't be able to shut down if this gets too close to the edge.

Hell, the rubes booed Trump himself when he said good things about the vaccine. If the shit really does start to hit the fan, I'm not certain that Trump, Hannity, Beck, Tucker, Levin, Fox, NewsMax or the rest of Trump Co. will be able to stop it.

This is Kabuki Theater for Trump Co., but it's good vs. evil for the rubes. L i t e r a l l y.
Trump said good things about the vaccines, followed by bad things, followed by a mixed message when he was called on it.

Trump almost certainly holds the power to stop the great damage that's possible but he won't unless he's seriously threatened by the law with treason, inciting violence, or some other serious charge. Otherwise he'll allow the carnage to take place.

Trump lost his nerve on Jan.6th. but it took quite a while. He lacks the courage to follow through with a coup or to lead a revolution. And none of his lieutenants have anywhere near the courage.

A failed insurrection or not, if they attempted an insurrection they should be charged with insurrection.
Intent needs to be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Difficult to do and make charges stick on hundreds of magaturds. That why they've copped to lower charges, because our legal system is overextended and runs slow as molasses.
By your logic a class A felony like bank robbery can be negotiated down to a misdemeanor like trespassing. You can't be serious.
I didn't say that. You did.
Even the FBI says there was no evidence of insurrection:
So what? I disagree with the FBI on many things.

"To dodge" "Set to refuse"? I thought it was the current events forum. Have I tuned into future events my mistake?

The US may have already moved beyond the rule of law Tommy.
There's a good indication they have on account of the law's reluctance to act against Trump.
The Jan.6th. promotion of violence by Trump is not debatable, yet the repercussions are almost certainly being predicted as being much too harmful to chance.

America is already being held hostage by extremists who are threatening something on the order of war in the streets and the law is taking that seriously.

America's best chance of escaping the carnage is to treat the situation with Kid gloves and hope that moderate methods of taking down the Trump threat will work over time.
It's become a powder keg and I think it's likely the subpoenas won't be pursued for some reason or other. Most likely them being held up by appeals. That is, invalid appeals deemed to be valid by a crooked court system. And that will be the proof of my suspicions.
I was astonished throughout trumps reign. He got away with so much and nothing was done about it. Thats how it works with despots. They take it inch by inch and the good guys look the other way. We are seeing it in the UK at the moment.

You could look at it in two ways. One, that the country is still standing and has seen off trump. Therefore the constitution works.
Or -
Two , the constitution wasnt framed for a gangster to sit in the White House and there are too many holes for a criminal like trump to slither through. I tend to believe the latter. An obvious example is that he is banned from being involved with a charity but can still run for office. How does that work when felons cant vote in many states.

The worry is that the next trump might have a brain.

I was astonished throughout trumps reign. He got away with so much and nothing was done about it. Thats how it works with despots. They take it inch by inch and the good guys look the other way. We are seeing it in the UK at the moment.

You could look at it in two ways. One, that the country is still standing and has seen off trump. Therefore the constitution works.
Or -
Two , the constitution wasnt framed for a gangster to sit in the White House and there are too many holes for a criminal like trump to slither through. I tend to believe the latter. An obvious example is that he is banned from being involved with a charity but can still run for office. How does that work when felons cant vote in many states.

The worry is that the next trump might have a brain.
Yes, Trump may have been discredited enough that he's no longer a danger and it could be that his remaining support is just much more vocal than the rest. If they're as far out as our PChicy then common sense of the normal people can snuff out the extremist crazies.

I somewhat agree on their constitution. It's left open to be interpreted in too many different ways and so has no teeth. The guns for instance. What can be said about a country that believes they have a right to slaughter their own at a rate that astonishes the rest of the world.

Intent needs to be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Difficult to do and make charges stick on hundreds of magaturds. That why they've copped to lower charges, because our legal system is overextended and runs slow as molasses.

You are funny. You say that investigators can't prove insurrection so the people who were jailed opted to plead to a lesser charge. Too fcking funny.

There was no insurrection and no one was charged under any section of "18 USC Ch. 115: TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES".

The FBI also says that there is no evidence of an insurrection but you ramble on about courts being overworked and the the FBI is wrong....

No charges and no evidence so according to you the courts are wrong, the prosecutors are wrong, the FBI is wrong......

Just too fcking funny.

The defendants pleaded out because they have been locked down in the hole for months while the murderers of Seth Rich haven't even been picked up for murder. This is the kind of case which doesn't have to be "proven" because the process is the punishment.

The purpose of this whole 1/6 investigation bullshit is just to intimidate dissidents.

The defendants pleaded out because they have been locked down in the hole for months while the murderers of Seth Rich haven't even been picked up for murder. This is the kind of case which doesn't have to be "proven" because the process is the punishment.

The purpose of this whole 1/6 investigation bullshit is just to intimidate dissidents.

You are right, many of the pleas were simply a result of government intimidation and the risk of continued government harassment.

You are right, many of the pleas were simply a result of government intimidation and the risk of continued government harassment.

Democrats have found a far neater method than the gulags and concentration camps of their forebears.

Forum List

Back