Trump Admitted Not Paying Taxes at a 2016 Debate

I know this is a weird situation in America because if a pregnant woman arrives in America and literally gives birth then the baby is automatically an American citizen. Now I don't know WHEN this insane policy was decided but it's WRONG and should be STOPPED.
No problem, propose an amendment to the constitution like the 21st amendcment. Get 2/3rds of congress and 3/4ths of the states to support a repeal of the 14th amendment.

So, as we can see, this story on Trump's taxes is a nothing burger as he told us this in 2016. And the NY Times is dredging up old news and the left is drinking it up. LOL

How does somebody who makes $400k a year in a government job only pay $750 in taxes?

You don't know tax law do you. Ask you Democratic lawmakers as they were very instrumental in making up laws that helped the rich not to pay taxes.

What I find funny is people rant at Trump or any other millionaire paying very little in taxes when there outrage should be at the people who put the loopholes, deductions and exemptions in the tax code that let them do it as well as those who have done nothing to change them.
The outrage is going towards Trump who is our president... you know the guy that signed the last Tax bill?!. But when people do that you call them crying snowflakes. So what is it you want. Outrage to politicians or stop crying about Trump?

What I find funny is people rant at Trump or any other millionaire paying very little in taxes when there outrage should be at the people who put the loopholes, deductions and exemptions in the tax code that let them do it as well as those who have done nothing to change them.
The outrage is going towards Trump who is our president... you know the guy that signed the last Tax bill?!. But when people do that you call them crying snowflakes. So what is it you want. Outrage to politicians or stop crying about Trump?
And when the same type of stuff was happening under Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush again, Reagan , Carter, Ford, Nixon. LBJ and as far back as you would like to go who was to blame then? You want to know what I want for starters that idiots stop pretending like everything they don’t like in the nation or world begins and ends with Trump or any President they don’t support.

So, as we can see, this story on Trump's taxes is a nothing burger as he told us this in 2016. And the NY Times is dredging up old news and the left is drinking it up. LOL

How does somebody who makes $400k a year in a government job only pay $750 in taxes?
Do you have any sort of evidence that he only paid $750 in taxes?

I’m just going off the article that’s being reported. Are you saying you don’t think that’s true? If so then why?
I'm very skeptical because that claim is taken from a fake news article published by the NYT, an organization that is notorious for publishing crude, defamatory anti-USA disinformation and propaganda.

And you even further distort their dubious claim.

Face it, you're a TDS afflicted moron.

How do you know it is a fake news article? Did you read it?

The assay of the article is self-contradictory.

Why’s that?

It plainly states that Trump is still very wealthy.
Actually, the OP stepped on his balls by explicitly stating that Trump is broke based on the Link.
In other words, the OP is an idiot.

Perhaps... but the tax returns could show that he has some concerning cash flow and debt issues as outlined in the article

Like "Russia" of course. Admit it: The only reason the left is concerned about Trump's taxes, is they they believe his returns will show Putin's pecker tracks all over them.

You people are wack. You're thoroughly convinced that Trump is "on the take" from Russia, yet you ignore all the money and influence those in your own party are receiving from China, the same country that poisoned the world.

I think the Left wants trumps tax returns for many reasons. First to show that he has been lying about how rich and successful he is, and also to show what kind of foreign lenders he is beholden to.

Who cares how much money he has or doesn't have . I didn't hire him to be my financial advisor, I hired him to run my country.

I’ll say it again. Many people feel like our country is set up and being run to unfairly advantage the rich and powerful. To see it done via the tax code highlights that.

Out problems started when we opened our borders.
Close the borders, pay goes up.

That was quite the subject change. You didn’t even try to be sly about it. Haha

Sometimes you show your lack of knowledge of economics...
The more labor, the lower the wage.
I presume your heart strings don't allow you to see that fact.

There's a lot more to it than just numbers. Even during periods of high unemployment (where there is an excess of labor) There are still shortages in those willing to fish the Bering Sea.

Trump gives it to charity.

Right, but he gets the paycheck and then cuts another check to charity. Does he get paid with no taxes withheld? Does the charity contribution cancel out all taxes owed on the income?

I would have to ask an accountant, but when Earned Income = $0.00, what would you expect the tax bill to be?

Well I guess that depends on what you write off as expenses. His earned income for his White House job was $400k. Typically that gets taxed unless there is a valid expense that can be written off that is related to that job... or an applicable credit

The dude donates it. That's ZERO taxable income.

That Trump didn't pay taxes is just half the story. It's WHY he didn't pay taxes. Successful businessmen pay taxes, a lot of taxes in fact. The only way to avoid it is by making certain targeted investments, or simply by lying and cheating.

Failed businessmen drive their businesses into the toilet, and get to write off those loses, and thereby avoid paying taxes.

Which picture Trump fits in, is painted by his tax returns.

Failed businessmen aren't worth 2 BILLION dollars.

How much are you worth? Let's compare.

And the last time I checked he's not running for Edward Jones financial adviser, he's running to be president.

You don't know tax law do you. Ask you Democratic lawmakers as they were very instrumental in making up laws that helped the rich not to pay taxes.

I’m asking questions so that I can learn. Why don’t you give an answer instead of telling me to ask democratic lawmakers?

And when the same type of stuff was happening under Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush again, Reagan , Carter, Ford, Nixon. LBJ and as far back as you would like to go who was to blame then? You want to know what I want for starters that idiots stop pretending like everything they don’t like in the nation or world begins and ends with Trump or any President they don’t support.
He’s at the top of the ticket. He’s got to be responsible for something at some point right? He can’t only take credit for all the good stuff, that’s not how it works

Do you have any sort of evidence that he only paid $750 in taxes?

I’m just going off the article that’s being reported. Are you saying you don’t think that’s true? If so then why?
I'm very skeptical because that claim is taken from a fake news article published by the NYT, an organization that is notorious for publishing crude, defamatory anti-USA disinformation and propaganda.

And you even further distort their dubious claim.

Face it, you're a TDS afflicted moron.

How do you know it is a fake news article? Did you read it?

The assay of the article is self-contradictory.

Why’s that?

It plainly states that Trump is still very wealthy.
Actually, the OP stepped on his balls by explicitly stating that Trump is broke based on the Link.
In other words, the OP is an idiot.

Perhaps... but the tax returns could show that he has some concerning cash flow and debt issues as outlined in the article

Like "Russia" of course. Admit it: The only reason the left is concerned about Trump's taxes, is they they believe his returns will show Putin's pecker tracks all over them.

You people are wack. You're thoroughly convinced that Trump is "on the take" from Russia, yet you ignore all the money and influence those in your own party are receiving from China, the same country that poisoned the world.

I think the Left wants trumps tax returns for many reasons. First to show that he has been lying about how rich and successful he is, and also to show what kind of foreign lenders he is beholden to.

Who cares how much money he has or doesn't have . I didn't hire him to be my financial advisor, I hired him to run my country.

I’ll say it again. Many people feel like our country is set up and being run to unfairly advantage the rich and powerful. To see it done via the tax code highlights that.

Out problems started when we opened our borders.
Close the borders, pay goes up.

That was quite the subject change. You didn’t even try to be sly about it. Haha

why are you talking about wages and immigration? We were talking about taxes

Easy....if you donate every penny back to the Treasury then you don't owe taxes.

Right, but he gets the paycheck and then cuts another check to charity. Does he get paid with no taxes withheld? Does the charity contribution cancel out all taxes owed on the income?

I would have to ask an accountant, but when Earned Income = $0.00, what would you expect the tax bill to be?

Well I guess that depends on what you write off as expenses. His earned income for his White House job was $400k. Typically that gets taxed unless there is a valid expense that can be written off that is related to that job... or an applicable credit

So if I worked a part time job and earned $20K in wages and Then donated $20k to charity are you saying I would owe $0 on that $20k that I earned?

He’s at the top of the ticket. He’s got to be responsible for something at some point right? He can’t only take credit for all the good stuff, that’s not how it works
Well....that's the way it worked while Obama was president!!!

Easy....if you donate every penny back to the Treasury then you don't owe taxes.

What if I donated every penny to a charity, not the treasury ?

So if I worked a part time job and earned $20K in wages and Then donated $20k to charity are you saying I would owe $0 on that $20k that I earned?

No....he's not just donating it to charity.
He's refusing his pay.

Well....that's the way it worked while Obama was president!!!
So what?! I’m not talking about Obama

Forum List

Back