Trump Admitted Not Paying Taxes at a 2016 Debate

So, as we can see, this story on Trump's taxes is a nothing burger as he told us this in 2016. And the NY Times is dredging up old news and the left is drinking it up. LOL

How does somebody who makes $400k a year in a government job only pay $750 in taxes?

Trump gives it to charity.

Right, but he gets the paycheck and then cuts another check to charity. Does he get paid with no taxes withheld? Does the charity contribution cancel out all taxes owed on the income?

I would have to ask an accountant, but when Earned Income = $0.00, what would you expect the tax bill to be?

Well I guess that depends on what you write off as expenses. His earned income for his White House job was $400k. Typically that gets taxed unless there is a valid expense that can be written off that is related to that job... or an applicable credit

My apologies, I meant Adjusted Gross Income.

So, as we can see, this story on Trump's taxes is a nothing burger as he told us this in 2016. And the NY Times is dredging up old news and the left is drinking it up. LOL

How does somebody who makes $400k a year in a government job only pay $750 in taxes?
Do you have any sort of evidence that he only paid $750 in taxes?

I’m just going off the article that’s being reported. Are you saying you don’t think that’s true? If so then why?
I'm very skeptical because that claim is taken from a fake news article published by the NYT, an organization that is notorious for publishing KGB style, crude, defamatory, anti-USA disinformation, unsubstantiated rumors and propaganda. And they refuse to even produce the documents they claim to have.

And you even further distort their dubious claim.

Face it, you're a TDS afflicted moron.

Last edited:

I’m just going off the article that’s being reported. Are you saying you don’t think that’s true? If so then why?
I'm very skeptical because that claim is taken from a fake news article published by the NYT, an organization that is notorious for publishing crude, defamatory anti-USA disinformation and propaganda.

How do you know it is a fake news article? Did you read it? And how am I distorting it by asking questions?

I'm very skeptical because that claim is taken from a fake news article published by the NYT, an organization that is notorious for publishing crude, defamatory anti-USA disinformation and propaganda.

How do you know it is a fake news article? Did you read it?

The assay of the article is self-contradictory.

Why’s that?

I don't get the left's obsession with paying taxes. If someone has some good tax accountants and doesn't have to give their hard-earned money to the .gov, well good for them.

Why’s that?

It plainly states that Trump is still very wealthy.
Actually, the OP stepped on his balls by explicitly stating that Trump is broke based on the Link.
In other words, the OP is an idiot.

Last edited:

I don't get the left's obsession with paying taxes. If someone has some good tax accountants and doesn't have to give their hard-earned money to the .gov, well good for them.

Welfare checks and free abortions.

It highlights many people’s frustrations that the rich have unfair advantages in our current system.

Why’s that?

Actually, the OP stepped on his balls by explicitly stating that Trump is broke based on the Link.

Perhaps... but the tax returns could show that he has some concerning cash flow and debt issues as outlined in the article

Why’s that?

Perhaps... but the tax returns could show that he has some concerning cash flow and debt issues as outlined in the article

I'm sure he does.
How those numbers and their General Ledger Columns translate in Accounting Law is out of my realm.

It highlights many people’s frustrations that the rich have unfair advantages in our current system.

Are those "many people" jealous or something? Personally, I don't give a crap how much someone else makes, how little they have to pay in taxes, or what they own that I don't.

That's just jealousy, greed, covetousness, and selfishness. This is a free and prosperous country, and everyone has the same opportunity to succeed or fail.

Why’s that?

Like "Russia" of course. Admit it: The only reason the left is concerned about Trump's taxes, is they they believe his returns will show Putin's pecker tracks all over them.

You people are wack. You're thoroughly convinced that Trump is "on the take" from Russia, yet you ignore all the money and influence those in your own party are receiving from China, the same country that poisoned the world.

In general I support abolishing Income Tax, let's just have it that everyone get's the choice instead of donating moneys to a Charity and/or Charities of THEIR CHOOSING.

Why continue with the Income Tax thing so Government's can WASTE peoples money on things like Perpetual War and giving Welfare and Gibs Me Dat to Third World Shit Holer's and other Parasites who are squatting in ONLY Western nations.

Are those "many people" jealous or something? Personally, I don't give a crap how much someone else makes, how little they have to pay in taxes, or what they own that I don't.

That's just jealousy, greed, covetousness, and selfishness. This is a free and prosperous country, and everyone has the same opportunity to succeed or fail.

I think there are many people who really struggle each year as they calculate their tax payments. As a small business owner I know that I’ve had years where that check was Bet significant. Now when I look at a billionaire not paying anything then I see something very wrong with our system

In general I support abolishing Income Tax, let's just have it that everyone get's the choice instead of donating moneys to a Charity and/or Charities of THEIR CHOOSING.

Why continue with the Income Tax thing so Government's can WASTE peoples money on things like Perpetual War and giving Welfare and Gibs Me Dat to Third World Shit Holer's and other Parasites who are squatting in ONLY Western nations.

Welfare should be based on scholastic achievement.
Only 1 Abortion within a 5 year period.
If you keep getting raped, it's your own fault.

Why’s that?

Like "Russia" of course. Admit it: The only reason the left is concerned about Trump's taxes, is they they believe his returns will show Putin's pecker tracks all over them.

You people are wack. You're thoroughly convinced that Trump is "on the take" from Russia, yet you ignore all the money and influence those in your own party are receiving from China, the same country that poisoned the world.

I think the Left wants trumps tax returns for many reasons. First to show that he has been lying about how rich and successful he is, and also to show what kind of foreign lenders he is beholden to.

That Trump didn't pay taxes is just half the story. It's WHY he didn't pay taxes. Successful businessmen pay taxes, a lot of taxes in fact. The only way to avoid it is by making certain targeted investments, or simply by lying and cheating.

Failed businessmen drive their businesses into the toilet, and get to write off those loses, and thereby avoid paying taxes.

Which picture Trump fits in, is painted by his tax returns.

I think there are many people who really struggle each year as they calculate their tax payments. As a small business owner I know that I’ve had years where that check was Bet significant. Now when I look at a billionaire not paying anything then I see something very wrong with our system

There is nothing wrong with our system.

Forum List

Back