Trump Admits to Obstructing Justice

upload_2017-12-2_17-52-28.png

What a laugh. He didn't say to comey "drop the investigation". He asked him to go lightly. Huuuge difference A difference you silly people ignore.

No, he didn't say go lightly.
Post a link to that statement or retract it.

Comey: I took it as an order when Trump told me to drop Flynn investigation
"""In his prepared testimony, Comey recalled that, at that Oval Office meeting, the president said: "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

Boy, I sure can't wait for this stuff to be over. Whatever happens.
For the Trumpanzees who complain that it's gone on too long, a reminder that Watergate took 29 months.
I realize partisans on both ends love to play gotcha and go nuts over every story and rumor and accusation, and play ongoing judge and jury and all, but I do wonder if you folks ever get tired of it.
Why would anyone let this investigation go, when its producing results? Indictments...charges..plea deals.

Its by definition not a witch hunt.

So, let's review:

1) Four alleged felons charged: two convicted, two pending.

2) Trump knew Flynn committed a crime when he went to senior Republicans and then to Comey to urge them to ease up and to drop the investigation

3) A member of Trump's transition team said "they (Russia) threw the election to Trump"

4) Flynn was directed by the top people on the Trump team to undermine the existing administration by contacting Russia

5) Flynn has cut a deal and is cooperating fully with the Mueller team

Not bad for only 7 months of work.

What a laugh. He didn't say to comey "drop the investigation". He asked him to go lightly. Huuuge difference A difference you silly people ignore.
Obstruction is obstruction, westwall, and I doubt Mueller is concerned with your interp in the slightest.

But he asked him to go lightly on a man he just admitted he knew had lied to the FBI. Does that seem the kind of thing the POTUS should be doing?

He did ask him to drop the investigation.

"I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go," Trump said, according to a memo written by Comey and reported by the New York Times. "He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

These Trumpanzees have torn a page out of Trump's playbook: "Lie. Lie at every opportunity you can get. Then lie some more."

But he asked him to go lightly on a man he just admitted he knew had lied to the FBI. Does that seem the kind of thing the POTUS should be doing?

Of course not. It's completely unethical.

Of course not. It's completely unethical.

Also, if Trump knew that Flynn had lied to the FBI, would he not be legally and ethically obligated to report it?

Also, if Trump knew that Flynn had lied to the FBI, would he not be legally and ethically obligated to report it?

No need, as he learned it from the very people to whom he would report it.

What do you mean? Are you saying the FBI told Trump that Flynn had lied?

Correct, and/or the Justice Department.

I am not saying that you are wrong, I just wonder how you know this.

No need, as he learned it from the very people to whom he would report it.

What do you mean? Are you saying the FBI told Trump that Flynn had lied?

Correct, and/or the Justice Department.

I am not saying that you are wrong, I just wonder how you know this.

it seems obvious. How else would Trump know, or anyone else, for that matter? The FBI knew he was lying, because they already had the discussion in question recorded. They trapped Flynn.

Forum List

Back