Trump Admits to Obstructing Justice

Sounds like Trump wanted Comey to "see the way clear" to letting him go (meaning reach a conclusion of innocence following the investigation).
Exactly! If Trump knew that Flynn had committed a felony (lying to the FBI) but wanted Comey to reach a conclusion of innocence following the investigation, that's obstruction of justice.
Go ahead, post the law that says merely wanting something is a crime. I'm waiting.

What a laugh. He didn't say to comey "drop the investigation". He asked him to go lightly. Huuuge difference A difference you silly people ignore.
He did ask him to drop the investigation.

"I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go," Trump said, according to a memo written by Comey and reported by the New York Times. "He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."
How is knowing that someone lied a crime?
If Trump knew that Flynn had lied to the FBI, then him asking Comey to go easy on him is obstruction of justice.
According to what law? Provide text please.

Geesh, your Google's broken again, eh? You should call someone about that.

18 U.S. Code § 1505 - Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees
Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which any pending proceeding is being had before any department or agency of the United States, or the due and proper exercise of the power of inquiry under which any inquiry or investigation is being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress—
I see no corruption, threat, or force. Saying you hope a certain outcome is reached does not rise to any of those. What are you going to say next? That Trump gave him a dirty look while he was investigating? You're grasping at straws.

"Lying to the FBI"? Barry Hussein used the IRS to intimidate and punish political enemies and he invoked the rarely used "executive privilege" to prevent the IRS chief from testifying before Congress about impeachable abuses by the administration. I'd classify the IRS abuse and Hussein's obstruction of justice far worse than "lying to the FBI" but democrats would probably call it a slick political maneuver. .

So, now Trump's personal lawyer is saying he wrote the tweet and not Trump. So it turns out that @realDonaldTrump is not really Donald Trump all the time. That does not seem very "real" to me.
John Dowd could also be looking at disbarment, or worse.

It's simply not credible that Dowd wrote that tweet. How would he get into Trump's twitter account?

The WH has stated numerous times that Trump's tweets are official statements.

From a lawyer:

upload_2017-12-3_17-24-31.png

Comey pointed out Hillary broke the law, to include being 'grossly negligent' handling classified - a crime.
Not neccesarily.

If I spill my coffee on a classified document in my rightful possession, that could be construed as me being grossly negligent.

Doesn't mean I committed a crime.

"Bush was too tough on you guys, we'll be nice to you"....not butt kissing?

He never said that. You continue to be an inveterate liar.

If they were resetting to be tougher, why not a "Fuck you Commies" button?

Why didn't Trump take that stance?

He never said that.

The Hillary reset button was saying that.

Why didn't Trump take that stance?

Or Hillary or Obama.........

Of course, Hillary and Obama did take that stance, and put the screws to Putin. While Obama poured sanctions onto the dictator, Congress had to actually pass a law to keep Trump from unilaterally easing sanctions.

But in the bizarro world of Trump's 30 million mommies, these represent the same thing.

Comey pointed out Hillary broke the law, to include being 'grossly negligent' handling classified - a crime.
Not neccesarily.

If I spill my coffee on a classified document in my rightful possession, that could be construed as me being grossly negligent.

Unless the law classifies gross negligence as a crime.

Not neccesarily.

The law does classify 'gross negligence' as a crime...

Not neccesarily.

The law does classify 'gross negligence' as a crime...
Which law are you referring to? We'd have to look at the text to see if that's there, and perhaps at court cases.

I see no corruption, threat, or force.

Then you are blind as a bat, because the president attempting to influence an investigation into one of his top people (whom he knew committed the crime being investigated) by pressuring the FBI director (whom he can and did fire for not obeying) is, in fact, corruption. I think you might need to fire your team of expert legal advisers.

There's plenty of evidence. It just hasn't been made public yet.
Mueller is getting humiliated, his investigation being exposed as a witch hunt. He has a couple 'Scooter Libby' indictments and just had to fire his top aide - a 'Trump Hater'?

If he had ANY evidence he would be using it.

'They have evidence' is just more snowflake wishful thinking.
Bullshit. There were plenty of PROVEN anti-Clinton people on Ken Starr's team. Didn't make a bit of difference.

Let's go back to lawyer Seth Abramson - who you would read if you were really interested in sorting all of this out. He's been way ahead of the media on all of this and hasn't been proven wrong yet on anything, dating back to last December.

upload_2017-12-3_17-51-23.png

upload_2017-12-3_17-51-57.png

I see no corruption, threat, or force.

Then you are blind as a bat, because the president attempting to influence an investigation into one of his top people (whom he knew committed the crime being investigated) by pressuring the FBI director (whom he can and did fire for not obeying) is, in fact, corruption. I think you might need to fire your team of expert legal advisers.
You need something more concrete than a dirty look or an "I hope." Something like a direct order. But hey, if you think your argument will fly in court, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

What a laugh. He didn't say to comey "drop the investigation". He asked him to go lightly. Huuuge difference A difference you silly people ignore.

"I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go," Trump said, according to a memo written by Comey and reported by the New York Times. "He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."
If Trump knew that Flynn had lied to the FBI, then him asking Comey to go easy on him is obstruction of justice.
Fuck you, go find it yourself.

I'm not going to go on Google searches because you're too much of a retard to know anything. Or you're just trolling.

It doesn't make a difference to me if you ever understand. Trump's in serious legal jeopardy whether you want to believe it or not.

You need something more concrete than a dirty look or an "I hope."

No I don't. I'm not a prosecutor. I have seen enough to know that Trump corruptly tried to influence the investigation into Flynn. As have we all.

"Something like a direct order"

Comey already testified that he took it as an order. So, if your hopes are hinged on anyone on the planet (that is not one of Trump's volunteer mommies) believing the pathological liar over Comey, then i think you are in for some disappointment.

Geesh, your Google's broken again, eh? You should call someone about that.

18 U.S. Code § 1505 - Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees
Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which any pending proceeding is being had before any department or agency of the United States, or the due and proper exercise of the power of inquiry under which any inquiry or investigation is being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress—

Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 770; Pub. L. 87–664, § 6(a), Sept. 19, 1962, 76 Stat. 551; Pub. L. 91–452, title IX, § 903, Oct. 15, 1970, 84 Stat. 947; Pub. L. 94–435, title I, § 105, Sept. 30, 1976, 90 Stat. 1389; Pub. L. 97–291, § 4(d), Oct. 12, 1982, 96 Stat. 1253; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(K), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147; Pub. L. 108–458, title VI, § 6703(a), Dec. 17, 2004, 118 Stat. 3766.)"
Correct.

When the boss kicks everyone else out of the room, then tells you he hopes you'll see things his way - that's a directive, no matter how it's worded.

Which law are you referring to? We'd have to look at the text to see if that's there, and perhaps at court cases.
18 US Code 793, B.

Already reviewed, discussed, and experts - to include Comey - said Hillary is guilty of it.

11. I think when we focus exclusively on the criminality aspect, we (continue to) miss how these efforts essentially aided and abetted a hostile foreign state who attacked our country. That is the big picture.

Yup. Southpaw said it very well:

View attachment 164212

Benefitted? How?
You know how.

Sorry. Not going to continue to repeat myself when every IC official has been laying this out for months and months.

I'm at the end with you also, dumbass.
Of course you are...after proving your ignorance, not being able to provide evidence, sticking to a previously failed / debunked false narrative, and getting your ass kicked in discussion / debate YOU are through with ME.

Bwuhahaha

Forum List

Back