Trump Administration Delays Harriet Tubman $20

Only pictures of past Presidents should be on our bills.

"Two years ago this week, Treasury Secretary Jack Lew announced redesigns for the $20, $10, and $5 bills that would honor civil rights and women’s rights icons: Tubman, Alice Paul, and Marian Anderson. Lew said the new note designs would debut by 2020, 100 years after women gained the right to vote.

But now the Trump administration is putting the plan on the backburner, according to the Treasury department..."

What Happened to the Plan to Put Harriet Tubman on the $20 Bill?
So...you are unhappy with the Alexander Hamilton bill?

I hope they are reworking the design to be like this:

View attachment 189608
It's too bad that they don't have actual food stamps anymore. She'd be perfect.

Oh stop it. Harriet was quite an admirable woman. Much better to have her on a dollar bill than Susan B. Anthony.
Are you saying that food stamps, which support so many poor people and people of color are unfit for a depiction of Tubman?

"Two years ago this week, Treasury Secretary Jack Lew announced redesigns for the $20, $10, and $5 bills that would honor civil rights and women’s rights icons: Tubman, Alice Paul, and Marian Anderson. Lew said the new note designs would debut by 2020, 100 years after women gained the right to vote.

But now the Trump administration is putting the plan on the backburner, according to the Treasury department..."

I respect Tubman as much as the next American, but the faces in bills deserve to be Presidents and/or founding fathers

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I respect Tubman as much as the next American, but the faces in bills deserve to be Presidents and/or founding fathers

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yanno what, the OP said the same thing in post 1. I axed him why. And he ran away from that question.

Also posted in the course of the thread were examples of currency bearing the likenesses of artists (Frida Kahlo), inventors (Nikola Tesla) and the concept of music (a harp). As well as US currency festooned with Martha Washington, "Lady Liberty", Pocahontas, Salmon P. Chase, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

And I've got some Canadian currency right here that has illustration of kids playing hockey and/or birds.

How is one appropriate and another, not?

Time to put Ronald Reagan on a bill. Tubman is a footnote in US history, Reagan a chapter.

Uh yyyyyyeah. I'd say facilitating avenues for slaves to escape and find security and employment, never losing a passenger in the process, working as a scout, spy and combatant for the Union (and being the first American female to lead troops into battle in the Civil War), getting 700+ slaves freed from South Carolina in a single raid, energizing the women's suffrage movement and doing all that in spite of brutal whippings and traumatic head injury, trumps growing up with an alcoholic father and going on to just enough success as a B-movie actor to avoid war and then riding that image to the White House to accomplish the goal of making the rich richer and the poor poorer.
Check your history. It wasn't 700 people. It was 70, and most of those were her own family.

Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)
Harriet Tubman was a deeply spiritual woman who lived her ideals and dedicated her life to freedom. She is the Underground Railroad’s best known conductor and before the Civil War repeatedly risked her life to guide nearly 70 enslaved people north to new lives of freedom. This new national historical park preserves the same landscapes that Tubman used to carry herself and others away from slavery.

Not even 70, but nearly 70.

Harriet Tubman and the ‘Underground Railroad’
After her daring escape from slavery in 1849, Harriet Tubman risked her own safety to help guide around 70 friends and family to freedom using a secret network of slaves and abolitionist sympathisers

And then she had the help of white abolitionists.

So spare us the manufactured myth of this fraud.

I don't NEED to "check my history, Dumbass. I do that BEFORE I post.

>> The first woman to lead an armed expedition in the war, she guided the raid at Combahee Ferry, which liberated more than 700 slaves.<< (Wiki: Harriet Tubman)

>> Harriet Tubman, who had escaped from slavery in 1849 and guided many others to freedom, was working for the Union Army. The Union ships transported more than 750 slaves freed by the raid, many of whom joined the Union Army. (Wiki: Combahee Ferry)​

Maybe you should have "heard of her" before you jammed your foot in your mouth, worthless clump of dodo dung.
The union freed over 700 slaves. Tubby saved almost 70. In another minute you'll have Tubby winning the civil war single handedly. She belongs in a museum not on our money. She did nothing for the nation, just a small subset of individuals.

Rub-a-Dub Tubman

Why should patriots replace the great Andrew Jackson with a coyote for future gangbangers?

Forum List

Back