A Harriet Tubman $20?

So how is a black woman on a twenty okay, but on a syrup bottle racist? :dunno:

I just don't understand the rules of Racial Victimization Poker.
Well..just guessin' here..but maybe because one is a racial stereotype and the other an honor?
The image of Aunt Jemima was a hard working, well groomed, smiling, black businesswoman.
Why would you remove that stereotype?
Why not remove Cardi B, the half naked, low I.Q snarling racist.

meh. . . they are going to crash the entire dollar denominated system with in the next decade or so, so I am not sure it matters much.

After that, it will all be electronic.

I'm not sure it matters.
Killjoy!

You are suppose to pretend you care who is on the currency as Rome burns.

Some fun you are.

As strange as this sounds asking, will optical money counters be able to recognize money with black people on it? Technology has a long track record of struggling with the color black, from facial recognition software to plastic recycling sorters.
By the time "artists" with sharpies get done, the Tubbie will be out of circulation within six months if that long. There will be horns and moustaches, beards and any number of alterations. They won't be able to be spent of course. As you point out money counters won't recognize them. They will have to be returned to the bank. The bank ATMs won't be able to reuse them. Ohh it will be fun, Expensive but fun.

By the time "artists" with sharpies get done, the Tubbie will be out of circulation within six months if that long. There will be horns and moustaches, beards and any number of alterations. They won't be able to be spent of course. As you point out money counters won't recognize them. They will have to be returned to the bank. The bank ATMs won't be able to reuse them. Ohh it will be fun, Expensive but fun.

Is this your lie for February 18th?

meh. . . they are going to crash the entire dollar denominated system with in the next decade or so, so I am not sure it matters much.

I'm not sure it matters.
They'll print trillion dollar bills with Janet Yellen's mug on them. And it will still take a wheelbarrow full of them to buy a 6-pack of beer.

Is this your lie for February 18th?
No, it is her intention to deface currency.

I'm not sure it matters.

Screenshot_2021-02-19-13-52-21(1).png

Looks like old Andy Jackson is getting the boot!

Less than a week after taking office, the Biden administration announced it would restart Obama-era plans to redesign the $20 bill, replacing the portrait of President Andrew Jackson with that of abolitionist Harriet Tubman, after more than four years of uncertainty about the note’s future. The decision has revived a fervent debate about who belongs on our currency, and whether the change is just another example of so-called cancel culture at its worst.
It’s not hard to understand why some Americans might see the redesign as a radical break from tradition. For the past century, U.S. banknotes have featured a static set of Founding Fathers and presidents, government buildings and national memorials. This 20th-century consistency created the illusion that significant design alterations would sever our currency’s ties to its past.
But this is a misperception. In the 1800s, currency redesigns were not at all uncommon. In fact, banknotes changed regularly, and featured a vibrant range of people, scenes and symbols. The United States did not have standardized designs depicting only a handful of political figures until the 1920s.
What this history suggests is that we should not shy away from rethinking our currency today. Instead, the new $20 bill should be merely a starting point, encouraging us to think more expansively and creatively about the images that appear on our money—as we have in our past and as other nations do today.

Money, after all, is a powerful means of communication. It is a missive we send around the world—an ambassador of sorts. It is also part of our national identity and can help to remind us of our common purpose. Our money should not only reflect our country’s origins, but also who we have become over the past 250 years—as well as who we aspire to be.

Interesting choice, given the fact that Tubman spent her life fighting against Democrat policies of slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow, and other racist historical artifacts of the Democrat party.

I'll carry tens and fifties.

Tubman is known to have helped only 70 people.

That's unworthy of the honor..

Forum List

Back