Trump administration calls wild horses biggest threat to public lands

• Banned
Why do wild horses and burros matter? They are protected wildlife, and their age-old presence on the land helps balance ecosystems and reduce dry, fire-prone vegetation. Their beauty and inspiration draw resources to struggling rural communities.

I would not take the word of an environmentalist looking to score points without access to what was actually said in totality.

Why do wild horses and burros matter? They are protected wildlife, and their age-old presence on the land helps balance ecosystems and reduce dry, fire-prone vegetation. Their beauty and inspiration draw resources to struggling rural communities.
thats not true.,,they were brought here and not natural to the environment,,,and when there are to many in an aired place they can cause more harm than good,,,but they are also not an overall threat to the environment,,

When horses eat grass they don't cut it down to the soil like sheep do so it can re grow....they pull it out by the roots so the grass can never return....they end up stripping the land and hillsides of vegetation and in return rains cause flash floods changing the landscape to a mars like appearance....that sounds pretty bad to me and it is why Native Americans moved their horses great distances to avoid this kind of damage....maybe this imbecile OP and ERIK MOLVAR, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR of the Hill can learn from them before posting this kind of anti Trump administration nonsense....

Last edited:
This is the kind of unthinking attacking of the Trump administration by the so called press the people are sick of....

thats not true.,,they were brought here and not natural to the environment,,,and when there are to many in an aired place they can cause more harm than good,,,but they are also not an overall threat to the environment,,
For that matter, many weeds and plants are not native to the US either.

Train them to operate rakes or vacuum cleaners and put them in all that federal forest land.....two problems solved.
I dont recall dust or leaves being a problem in public lands,,,,
Most forest land in the West ARE federal land.
but in the context of this topic some of those lands could be devastated by a herd of wild horses while other parts would be just fine,,,

Train them to operate rakes or vacuum cleaners and put them in all that federal forest land.....two problems solved.
I dont recall dust or leaves being a problem in public lands,,,,
Most forest land in the West ARE federal land.
but in the context of this topic some of those lands could be devastated by a herd of wild horses while other parts would be just fine,,,
From coast to coast I think feral pigs are the bigger problem.

If we relocate the horses to our southern border, they can eat the grass and stop the smuggling!

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi suggested this week that “mowing the grass” near the U.S.-Mexico border so that illegal immigrants can’t be smuggled through thick vegetation would be a more effective measure to secure the country than President Trump’s proposed border wall.
Nancy Pelosi’s border wall alternative includes ‘mowing the grass’

:113:

Translation trump breaths you have got to be kidding me.
Did you say anything when obama allowed a bald eagle to be killed by a tribe of American Indians back in 2014?
why would we care if indians killed an eagle???

theyve been doing it long before we got here,,,
Because the Bald Eagle is our national symbol and they are protected

Forum List

Back