Truly 'good' religions

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
As evidenced by the complete lack of terrorism, forced conversion, or expulsion for questioning their authority, I thought I'd start a thread about good religions (as distinct from those who perpetuate violence, holy wars, genocide, etc. like all the ones people usually think of as religions.)

Jedi Church - Jedi Religion and Jedi Faith
Yes Virginia, Jedi is a bonafide religion.

"The sheer number of people who entered "Jedi" was a significant in the last census, approximately 20000 in NZ alone (indicative result given confidentially). I note there were more Jedi's than Assembly of God, or Jehovah's Witnesses."

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

"Team FSM has reached $2 Million in loans on the micro-lending site Kiva. We’re now the top-lending religious congregation on Kiva, above the Buddhists, Catholics, Muslims, and — especially pleasing to me – above the Mormons, who we’ve been in a friendly competition with for years."

Add your's. With over 25,000 discrete religious systems, there's gotta be a few non-violent ones. :)

How is a phony religion designed to make fun of others good? They know it is a false system so that is fiction or lying. Making fun of people isn't good.

How can any religion be truly good unless there is a connection with God. And without God there is no good or evil. They are just constructs of the mind used to control people.

As evidenced by the complete lack of terrorism, forced conversion, or expulsion for questioning their authority, I thought I'd start a thread about good religions (as distinct from those who perpetuate violence, holy wars, genocide, etc. like all the ones people usually think of as religions.)

Jedi Church - Jedi Religion and Jedi Faith
Yes Virginia, Jedi is a bonafide religion.

"The sheer number of people who entered "Jedi" was a significant in the last census, approximately 20000 in NZ alone (indicative result given confidentially). I note there were more Jedi's than Assembly of God, or Jehovah's Witnesses."

"Team FSM has reached $2 Million in loans on the micro-lending site Kiva. We’re now the top-lending religious congregation on Kiva, above the Buddhists, Catholics, Muslims, and — especially pleasing to me – above the Mormons, who we’ve been in a friendly competition with for years."

Add your's. With over 25,000 discrete religious systems, there's gotta be a few non-violent ones. :)

OMG this is exactly what I came here to talk about. What is this I hear about the Jews committing war crimes? http://rt.com/news/174948-un-israel-palestine-talks/

What does the Muslim book say about non muslims? I bet it isn't good. What does the Christian bible say happens to non christians? And look at how murderous the Jews are. They all come from Abraham. It is time to end all 3 of these religions. I don't even want to get started on the Mormons and Jehovas and Scientologists. Perhaps this is too big a business to fail though. What would all these con artists, I mean priests/rabbis/moolas do if religion were to go away? It's like what would all those 6-7 foot black men do if not for the NBA and college basketball? :eusa_shhh:

How can any religion be truly good unless there is a connection with God. And without God there is no good or evil. They are just constructs of the mind used to control people.

Not killing people for disagreeing with you's a good place to start.

If say for example, someone disagrees with you and thinks you need to kill all female children and then seeks to do so, is killing someone who disagrees with you in that instance necessarily bad?

Catholic isn't a religion. It's a sect.

I'll add Christianity. When the miner finds the gold, he discards his tools.

Said 'good' religions. Been more deaths on behalf of Christianity than any other faith ever.
Good religions, yes. That's why I said Christianity. It has ended the search for truth for billions of people in history.

Claiming it to justify atrocities is another issue.

Forum List

Back