True Detective jumps the shark...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I started watching the hit show True Detective on HBO...it started out as an interesting character study of two deeply troubled and flawed police officers getting on each others nerves as they try to solve a serial killer murder case...

Spoiler:

It was fine up till episode 4...they get a lead on a suspect who is cooking meth for a biker gang...and then to get the location of this guy one of them, a former undercover guy who infiltrated the biker gang in the past, goes through all sorts of unnecessary and completely illegal means to find out where this guy is...it was way over the top and fizzled the show right there...up till then it at least seemed like the police work wasn't as badly portrayed as it sometimes is on shows like this...

On a side note...I am not a smoker...and Mathew McC...however you spell his name, chain smokes through the whole show...it is really distracting to me...

The show recovered somewhat after that episode but it flopped at the end. For a good story with a complex plot about bad cops and good cops, try the series 'Line of Duty'. It's British, fair warning, if you're not a fan of Brit tv. It's free on Hulu.

Forum List

Back