True cost of Democrats' spending plan could top $5T, analysis says

From experience, I believe that whenever a politician (usually democrats) tries to sell us on a big spending proposal that they always low-ball the cost and high-ball the benefits. It's always the best-case scenario, it'll only cost this much if A, B, and C are true and they never are.

Democrats only know ridiculous spending and increasing the costs for everything.

Spend, Spend, Spend
The real question shouldn't be on how much is spent but how is spend...

Is it Capital Expenditure? Investing in infrastructure (Bricks and mortar, IT, projects)

OR

Operational Expenditure... Day to day spending...

Biden is investing in the first... This is investing in America, he is borrowing to invest and gain a return... This is sensible...

I can compare that to Tax Cuts which lead to borrowing, this day to day, i.e. living beyond your means... (BTW Tax cuts never pay for themselves, Trump admitted that later)

So Biden need to restart the economy and there is a need to invest in certain places in US for future growth... So this is high, it is a shrewd investment...

Is it Capital Expenditure? Investing in infrastructure (Bricks and mortar, IT, projects)

OR

Biden is investing in the first... This is investing in America, he is borrowing to invest and gain a return... This is sensible...

I can compare that to Tax Cuts which lead to borrowing, this day to day, i.e. living beyond your means... (BTW Tax cuts never pay for themselves, Trump admitted that later)

So Biden need to restart the economy and there is a need to invest in certain places in US for future growth... So this is high, it is a shrewd investment...
Just direct infrastructure of just that.

OR

They paid for my family as we were dying from the passage of Obamacare taking what used to be retirement investments to pay HSA and medical expenses. Trump opened up the markets, invested in America first (tax cuts) and we almost made up for that awful legislation called Obamacare. Now companies that were reinvesting will stop, we will go back to importing more oil than we export and become energy dependent again.

You have to understand the Dem strategy...whenever they get power temporarily they LOCK IN SPENDING for a decade or more to FORCE TAX INCREASES TO PAY FOR IT. Dems realized that advocating for tax increases was unpopular. So instead now they simply spend the money, lock in the spending and this forces the tax increases.

You hear this in their rhetoric, "we have to pay our bills" of course after they increase spending trillions of dollars with no plan to pay for it.

Typically voters react booting their lying dumb asses out of office but the damage is done, it's quite difficult to go back and stop this spending and entitlements expansion once passed.

So far ( because its hard to get an honest answer from any politician). Lean towards the Republican view of a leaner bill. Have problems with how they plan to pay for it. There are things in the Dem bill that need dollars, maybe separate bill, that wont bring out the blood letting that Republicans love. Maybe a little pork could get in there, some of it really helps ordinary working folks.

Forum List

Back