Troops to the Border

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is sending National Guard troops to Texas to help "secure" the U.S.-Mexico border.

Noem is the latest Republican governor to send troops to America’s southern border. Along with Noem, Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Idaho Gov. Brad Little have all announced they will send law enforcement to help authorities in Texas and Arizona.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...Texas to help "secure" the U.S.-Mexico border.

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is sending National Guard troops to Texas to help "secure" the U.S.-Mexico border.

Noem is the latest Republican governor to send troops to America’s southern border. Along with Noem, Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Idaho Gov. Brad Little have all announced they will send law enforcement to help authorities in Texas and Arizona.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-06-29/gov-kristi-noem-to-send-south-dakota-national-guard-troops-to-us-mexico-border#:~:text=Along with Noem, Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts, Florida,to Texas to help "secure" the U.S.-Mexico border.

Yeah; you don't know the half of it.

The person paying for this is a billionaire out of Tennessee.

Good to see the GOP has no problem renting out their armies.... Also bewildering to see that Texas is welcoming foreign troops onto their soil.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-06-29/gov-kristi-noem-to-send-south-dakota-national-guard-troops-to-us-mexico-border#:~:text=Along with Noem, Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts, Florida,to Texas to help "secure" the U.S.-Mexico border.

Good to see the GOP has no problem renting out their armies.... Also bewildering to see that Texas is welcoming foreign troops onto their soil.

Thank you Willis and Reba.

Please point out the "foreign" troops going to Texas (China's troops? North Korea's troops? Venezuela's Troops? Cuba's troops? Vietnam's troops?). Last I checked the National Guard in any state can go to any other state, if offered by another state and agreed to by the state where they will go. It's legal. It's called "states rights."
If you don't like states having rights that don't involve the nation's central government, perhaps you should go live in one of those foreign troops nations that I mentioned. Their provinces can't make a move without their central government giving them the go ahead.

Please point out the "foreign" troops going to Texas (China's troops? North Korea's troops? Venezuela's Troops? Cuba's troops? Vietnam's troops?). Last I checked the National Guard in any state can go to any other state, if offered by another state and agreed to by the state where they will go. It's legal. It's called "states rights."
If you don't like states having rights that don't involve the nation's central government, perhaps you should go live in one of those foreign troops nations that I mentioned. Their provinces can't make a move without their central government giving them the go ahead.
Texas can't handle it's own issues so it's having to rely on troops from other states? LOL... Its not surprising they can't field a dependable energy grid.

Even more hilarious is that some guy in Tennessee is bankrolling South Dakota's deployment. What you have in this case is not national guard troops...you have mercenaries.

Texas can't handle it's own issues so it's having to rely on troops from other states? LOL... Its not surprising they can't field a dependable energy grid.

Even more hilarious is that some guy in Tennessee is bankrolling South Dakota's deployment. What you have in this case is not national guard troops...you have mercenaries.
I'm fine with that. Whatever it takes to keep the migrants from trying to slip in "illegally." If they are actually true 'refugees," they just have to go to any actual border checkpoint and state their case. If what they say is true, then the government will let them in.
My personal opinion is that, I don't care if we are being bombarded with mobs from south of the border or Scandinavians from across the Atlantic. All immigration into this nation should cease.......period!
You lefties love to claim that you are pro-environment, yet for some reason are willing to have our forests and last pristine areas, destroyed by deforestation and the building of huge numbers of residences, businesses, streets, freeways/tollways, to accommodate them. After all, about 85% of what is streaming across our southern border are hardcore Catholics who believe in large families and aren't going to like hearing the lefties deride their religious ideology.

Good to see the GOP has no problem renting out their armies.... Also bewildering to see that Texas is welcoming foreign troops onto their soil
When the federal government fails to do its job and stop illegal aliens from crossing that border I am all for using state National Guards to help curtail the flow.

Keep in mind a lot of stuff illegally crosses that border and that includes very dangerous drugs such as fentanyl which causes people to die from overdoses in all states.

Deaths involving illicitly manufactured fentanyl on the rise

Rates of overdose deaths involving synthetic opioids other than methadone, which includes fentanyl and fentanyl analogs, increased over 16% from 2018 to 2019. Overdose deaths involving synthetic opioids were nearly 12 times higher in 2019 than in 2013. More than 36,000 people died from overdoses involving synthetic opioids in 2019.3 The latest provisional drug overdose death counts through May 2020 suggest an acceleration of overdose deaths during the COVID-19 pandemic.

I see US News put “secure” in quotation marks. Probably some pajama boy copywriter.

Good to see the GOP has no problem renting out their armies.... Also bewildering to see that Texas is welcoming foreign troops onto their soil
When the federal government fails to do its job and stop illegal aliens from crossing that border I am all for using state National Guards to help curtail the flow.

Keep in mind a lot of stuff illegally crosses that border and that includes very dangerous drugs such as fentanyl which causes people to die from overdoses in all states.

Rates of overdose deaths involving synthetic opioids other than methadone, which includes fentanyl and fentanyl analogs, increased over 16% from 2018 to 2019. Overdose deaths involving synthetic opioids were nearly 12 times higher in 2019 than in 2013. More than 36,000 people died from overdoses involving synthetic opioids in 2019.3 The latest provisional drug overdose death counts through May 2020 suggest an acceleration of overdose deaths during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Okay...what if Texas didn't want South Dakota soldiers to be in their nation. What then? Shout other states have the right to patrol the border if Texas isn't stopping them since you're now saying SD has a vested interest in stopping fentanyl?

Okay...what if Texas didn't want South Dakota soldiers to be in their nation. What then? Shout other states have the right to patrol the border if Texas isn't stopping them since you're now saying SD has a vested interest in stopping fentanyl?
Texas appears damn glad to get all the help it can get. California doesn’t seem to want any help and nobody is offering any.

Texas appears damn glad to get all the help it can get. California doesn’t seem to want any help and nobody is offering any.

You didn't answer the question...can one state send troops to another state without their approval?

I won't argue that Texas is a shithole in need of massive assistance.

You didn't answer the question...can one state send troops to another state without their approval?

I won't argue that Texas is a shithole in need of massive assistance
I didn’t answer because the question is not relevant. I would imagine if Governor Cuomo sent New York State National Guard to Florida without Governor DeSantis approving they would be booted out so fast your head would spin.

The person paying for this is a billionaire out of Tennessee. Good to see the GOP has no problem renting out their armies
The whole thing is grandstanding to bolster support for trump. To scare the people into thinking there will be an invasion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yupper, the 'mercenary' flavor that these efforts is damning. Shame on Noem. Shame on Texas for hosting the rich guy's hired guns.

To have a man of means be able to hire a state's Guard to address his pet peeve is totally inappropriate. If the state of South Dakota cannot afford to send its troops to Texas.....then the government of Texas should be the party to bear the costs, if they are so willing.

Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, George Soros......all have a lot of money.
Maybe they can send Pennsylvania's National Guard to Texas to ensure that South Dakota's NG is not doing anything illegal against the immigrants?

It is wrong to have rich guys....even corporations....hire our military to advance someone's pet project. If it ain't a natural disaster, or some catastrophic sudden emergency then the Guard must not be used as hired Have Guns Will Travel.

And yes, what poster Colin Norris states is exactly how I feel about it. It is 'grandstanding'.

I won't argue that Texas is a shithole in need of massive assistance
I didn’t answer because the question is not relevant. I would imagine if Governor Cuomo sent New York State National Guard to Florida without Governor DeSantis approving they would be booted out so fast your head would spin.
Certainly it's relevant. But it's inconvenient to discuss the national guard being reduced to being the equivalent to Blackwater ops.

Forum List

Back