Trolling: Why nasty commenters take delight in wrecking your day

When I was in middle school and you wanted to hate on someone using technology your options were very limited. The most you could do was send 666 to their pager. lol.
Back in my day you met them after school. Kept the bullshit to a minimum when you were expected to back up your alligator mouth.

We did as well. There was a small concession stand by the soccer field that folks would meet after school to settle their differences physically. It was commonly refereed to as "meeting someone at the white building." lol
In elementary, it was always at the bus stop after class.

Damn, the little hard ass acorns you had to roll around in while fighting were worse than the fights.

7-12, it was "the bull pen", the designated student smoking area, or, the parking spaces under the buildings.

By 7th grade, you were expected to stand up and fight, so at least the acorns were no problem.

I guess I had, two, three school fights a year.

Those were the days; today I'd probably be serving life as a repeat offender of the PC rules.

I had one my entire time in middle/high school. He was the new kid and wanted to act tough with me for no reason. I guess he was trying prove his chops to the rest of student body or something. It really didn't go as he planned. We both got suspended for 2 days (in-school) and we actually became good friend afterwards.

We did not get suspended for fighting.

If we fought in the "designated" areas, there was no teacher of administrative involvement.

If you fought where teachers got into it, they dragged your asses to the gym, put on 16 oz gloves, and made you fight until the coaches thought the fight was gone out of you.

We didn't have gangs.

We didn't have mass stompings.

We fought one on one.

And we all carried knives, and nobody ever used them.

There were guns in the trucks, but no shootings.

I had one my entire time in middle/high school. He was the new kid and wanted to act tough with me for no reason. I guess he was trying prove his chops to the rest of student body or something. It really didn't go as he planned. We both got suspended for 2 days (in-school) and we actually became good friend afterwards.
Yep, that happened a lot. Just standing up to someone made them respect you and was often the beginning of a friendship.
I can truthfully say, if I had to whip your ass, we were never, ever friends.

I never started a fight, but I finished every one that was started with me.

I generally took a whole lot of shit before it came to a fight, and many an asshole took that for weakness, to his later regret.

When I was in middle school and you wanted to hate on someone using technology your options were very limited. The most you could do was send 666 to their pager. lol.
Back in my day you met them after school. Kept the bullshit to a minimum when you were expected to back up your alligator mouth.

We did as well. There was a small concession stand by the soccer field that folks would meet after school to settle their differences physically. It was commonly refereed to as "meeting someone at the white building." lol

Damn, the little hard ass acorns you had to roll around in while fighting were worse than the fights.

7-12, it was "the bull pen", the designated student smoking area, or, the parking spaces under the buildings.

By 7th grade, you were expected to stand up and fight, so at least the acorns were no problem.

Those were the days; today I'd probably be serving life as a repeat offender of the PC rules.

If we fought in the "designated" areas, there was no teacher of administrative involvement.

If you fought where teachers got into it, they dragged your asses to the gym, put on 16 oz gloves, and made you fight until the coaches thought the fight was gone out of you.

We didn't have gangs.

We fought one on one.

I was in high school during the mid-90's when more and more schools started enacting zero-tolerance policies. If you got in a fight, you both got suspended, whether you started it or not was irrelevant to the school's administration. Even if you defended yourself. A stupid policy yesterday and a stupid policy today.

Last edited:

We didn't have gangs.

We fought one on one.

I was in high school during the mid-90's when more and more schools started enacting zero-tolerance policies. If you got in a fight, you both got suspended, whether you started it or not was irrelevant to the school's administration. Even if you defended yourself. A stupid policy yesterday and a stupid policy today.
Its conditioning on multiple levels. There is no right or wrong... Defending yourself is wrong .

We didn't have gangs.

We fought one on one.

Fighting stopped and cops came in right after I graduated.

My HS was virtually all white, with maybe 1% black when I graduated.

With integration came the knifings, shootings and cops on campus.

I'm talking about the casual poster. If one could easily locate another that bothers them or are simply pissed, by just looking up an address or phone number, that could creat havoc.
Letting others know who you are online could prove dangerous, in my opinion.

We're not anonymous online. Connection from our home, to our ISP, to a website is anything but anonymous.

For $250, any decent PI can get you the home address and probably a photo of anyone on the net.

Nasty comments and trolling on the internet is as commonplace as candy at a Halloween parade. These people and their comments can only ruin your day if you allow them to do so.

Thats why republicans run to twitter to find "liberal" opposition...They find the trolliest ones to present to their party of whiners

Are you saying liberals aren't masters of that technique?
Nasty comments and trolling on the internet is as commonplace as candy at a Halloween parade. These people and their comments can only ruin your day if you allow them to do so.

Thats why republicans run to twitter to find "liberal" opposition...They find the trolliest ones to present to their party of whiners

I just said what I said...your bullshit dont work on me

Really? What bull would that be, dear?

I just said what I said...your bullshit dont work on me

To be fair, it isn't just them either. Anyone that goes snorting around Twitter for outrageous and moronic statements usually finds them...easily. They are a dime a dozen.

Amen to this. Most likely the only reason why they say what they say is because it is the only thing that they can do that they won't suffer a real consequence for.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. To me, what they really end up doing is letting the world know how much they have been impacted by what it is that they themselves read.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Forum List

Back