Trey Gowdy: My 7 Years In Congress Were A ‘Total Waste’ - negligible.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Trey Gowdy: My 7 Years In Congress Were A ‘Total Waste’
DaGd7OTVMAUOc2t.jpg

Congressman Trey Gowdy on leaving DC: 'I don't have a lot to show for the last seven years.'

Gowdy has been known for his eviscerating tactics as a legislator and debater on certain issues. As the chairman of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, Gowdy became famous for using his experience as a prosecutor to hammer former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on her role in the deaths of three Americans at the U.S. Consulate in Libya.

Gowdy was questioned if his tactics as a conservative firebrand were effective.

"I think it's effective at raising issues, but I don't think it's effective at resolving them," Gowdy said.

-------------------

Wasting 7 million on just Benghazi alone.

And now he feels he's a failure? We coulda told him that.

But why wait until he's leaving congress?

Check out what he said:
"I can tell you right now I have 19 more drives to the airport before this session is over," Gowdy said. "Nineteen more weeks for the rest of the year that I'm going to be gone three or four days away from home and then after that I'll be in South Carolina."

He considers his accomplishments (what accomplishments) negligible. I think he over rates himself.

He wants to return to the job he really loves, R-Derp...working as a prosecutor. He's been mentioned as the perfect choice to investigate Hillary Clinton's paying millions for phony dossier to smear Trump with and the Obama Justice Department using that dossier as the basis for a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign.

Something tells me that Gowdy would find getting to the bottom of THAT sordid abuse of power something well worth doing!

He wants to return to the job he really loves, R-Derp...working as a prosecutor. He's been mentioned as the perfect choice to investigate Hillary Clinton's paying millions for phony dossier to smear Trump with and the Obama Justice Department using that dossier as the basis for a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign.

Something tells me that Gowdy would find getting to the bottom of THAT sordid abuse of power something well worth doing!

you know the dossier has been mostly confirmed, right?

you all should stop lying about that.

you know the dossier has been mostly confirmed, right?

you all should stop lying about that.

Actually, Jillian very little in the dossier has been "confirmed"! If you read the testimony of the author of the dossier in British court you'll quickly understand that he's admitted that it was almost all a fabrication.

*sigh*

You Trumpkins are really going to have to come to grips with the idea that none of that is ever gaining any traction.

DaGd7OTVMAUOc2t.jpg

Congressman Trey Gowdy on leaving DC: 'I don't have a lot to show for the last seven years.'

Gowdy has been known for his eviscerating tactics as a legislator and debater on certain issues. As the chairman of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, Gowdy became famous for using his experience as a prosecutor to hammer former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on her role in the deaths of three Americans at the U.S. Consulate in Libya.

"I think it's effective at raising issues, but I don't think it's effective at resolving them," Gowdy said.

-------------------

Check out what he said:
"I can tell you right now I have 19 more drives to the airport before this session is over," Gowdy said. "Nineteen more weeks for the rest of the year that I'm going to be gone three or four days away from home and then after that I'll be in South Carolina."

He considers his accomplishments (what accomplishments) negligible. I think he over rates himself.
He did get humiliated by Hillary

aw 'trey gowdy' is a treytor , happy to see him gone as i think that he is ' bush' style establiishment rino republican big mouth that never does get anything done . To me , he is 'hot air gowdy' . ------------- imo !!

Gowdy did his best to play the partisan game. He's clearly fed up with it. As well he or any person of good character should be.

While I don't concur with some of Gowdy's stances and I wouldn't have said or done some of the things he did, I can to some extent respect the man. I'd respect him more had he refrained from partisanship, but at least he's now stopped doing so. That's a step the right direction and I applaud his taking it.

Off-topic:
Gradually, more and more Republicans are coming to realize that the approaches the GOP has used to politic, along with the bastardized incarnation of of it that is the Trumpism, is churlishly reprobate and reprehensible. Good on them for doing so. One must wonder why it's taken as long as it has.​

Lets see....Trey has been investigating Hillary for years now and she still walks free...the DOJ and the FBI run rings around his ass....so as far as I'm concerned he is nothing but a shill for the swamp....
Geared to protect the left and the right but to sound like he is a real fighter for the people but he is a phony...he sucks as a truth finder.....

DaGd7OTVMAUOc2t.jpg

-------------------

Check out what he said:

He did get humiliated by Hillary
Say what? I must have literally slept through that humiliation....

So nobody is seeing a guy being honest that no sane person would want to be in congress? He wouldn't be the first to admit that toxic washington is best left to toxic people. I give him props for getting the H out of there.

DaGd7OTVMAUOc2t.jpg

-------------------

Check out what he said:

Hes right. He let Hillary and Obama get away at Benghazi

Last edited:
'gowdy' is just a big mouth in my opinon , part of the Swamp .

Are you talking about the Dossier started by Republicans?

DaGd7OTVMAUOc2t.jpg

-------------------

Check out what he said:

Hes right. He let Hillary and Obana get away at Benghazi
What about those guys Trump set up and sent out to die in Northern Africa?

DaGd7OTVMAUOc2t.jpg

-------------------

Check out what he said:

Hes right. He let Hillary and Obana get away at Benghazi
He ran cover for them....a pure swamper that says fuck the people....

Gowdy did his best to play the partisan game. He's clearly fed up with it. As well he or any person of good character should be.

While I don't concur with some of Gowdy's stances and I wouldn't have said or done some of the things he did, I can to some extent respect the man. I'd respect him more had he refrained from partisanship, but at least he's now stopped doing so. That's a step the right direction and I applaud his taking it.

Off-topic:
Gradually, more and more Republicans are coming to realize that the approaches the GOP has used to politic, along with the bastardized incarnation of of it that is the Trumpism, is churlishly reprobate and reprehensible. Good on them for doing so. One must wonder why it's taken as long as it has.​
Trump is the logical outcome of GOP politics.

Pay to play. The Clinton's made hundreds of millions. Heck, Bill sold off our rare earth metals to the Chinese and Hillary took in millions from players in the Russian Uranium deal. Let's look at all of it.

Forum List

Back