Transgender girl will not attend her high school graduation after Mississippi judge denies request for her to wear a dress

BoostedHayabusa

Platinum Member
Truly disappointing. Transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe. I see nothing, who cares?
All the hard work to graduate from H.S. (and let me tell you this, Mississippi has a 9% drop out rate) and that is actually good. So you know this person tried.
But anyways, why discriminate? This is a direct violation of the students First Amendment rights, according to the complaint.

A Mississippi federal judge denied a motion Friday, filed by the family of a transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe at her Gulfport high school graduation.

The 17-year-old, identified in court documents by her initials “L.B.,” did not attend her graduation, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi.

“Our client is being shamed and humiliated for explicitly discriminatory reasons, and her family is being denied a once-in-a-lifetime milestone in their daughter’s life,” ACLU spokesperson Gillian Branstetter told CNN in an email. “No one should be forced to miss their graduation simply because of who they are.”

All the hard work to graduate from H.S. (and let me tell you this, Mississippi has a 9% drop out rate) and that is actually good. So you know this
All of the 91% that do graduate worked just as hard as this crossdresser. The graduation ceremony is for everyone, not a "dig me" moment for one individual to celebrate their mental disorder.

All of the 91% that do graduate worked just as hard as this crossdresser. The graduation ceremony is for everyone, not a "dig me" moment for one individual to celebrate their mental disorder.
Man you got your screws loose. Gender dysphoria is not a mental disorder.
Article made a little choked up, but I will be ok.

To put in simpler terms, a person with gender dysphoria is not mentally ill; they are dissatisfied with the gender assigned at their birth.

Last edited:
Truly disappointing. Transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe. I see nothing, who cares?
All the hard work to graduate from H.S. (and let me tell you this, Mississippi has a 9% drop out rate) and that is actually good. So you know this person tried.
But anyways, why discriminate? This is a direct violation of the students First Amendment rights, according to the complaint.

A Mississippi federal judge denied a motion Friday, filed by the family of a transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe at her Gulfport high school graduation.

The 17-year-old, identified in court documents by her initials “L.B.,” did not attend her graduation, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi.

“Our client is being shamed and humiliated for explicitly discriminatory reasons, and her family is being denied a once-in-a-lifetime milestone in their daughter’s life,” ACLU spokesperson Gillian Branstetter told CNN in an email. “No one should be forced to miss their graduation simply because of who they are.”

LOL. What happened to women wearing pants? They fought for decades to wear pants and now they don't want to wear them.

LOL. What happened to women wearing pants? They fought for decades to wear pants and now they don't want to wear them.
Women at my company wear pants but we work in a factory. Most office folkettes wear a dress or a skirt.

Article says a lawsuit is filed. What is the price to not attend ones graduation. I say 100M is a fair amount.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that was ruined and I am seeing Mental Anguish being caused on this one as well.

Women are more than boobs, makeup and dresses. Unless you’re a member of the progressive cult, then that’s exactly what makes a woman.

Sad.

Time for the government to stick it's nose into the home lives of bully students and bully parents.

Wake up! She, he, or it, was not forced to miss graduation, she, he, or it chose not to attend because she, he, or it didn't get its way.

Gender Dysphoria is recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

I'm glad if it's only the article that has you choked up.
Correct. But Gender Dysphoria in itself is NOT a mental illness in itself
People with Gender Dysphoria may experience other mental problems, such as depression and anxiety, substance use disorders, a negative sense of well-being and poor self-esteem, and an increased risk of self-harm and suicidality.

If none of those symptoms are present in a person with Gender Dysphoria, the person has no mental illness.

Great article. I hope the ACLU wins the lawsuit (as mentioned in the article) and the tax payers are stuck with the bill, the victim gets a BIG $$$$ settlement, and the person that made the decision to not allow the student to attend gets fired with no severance and forfeits the pension as well.

Correct. But Gender Dysphoria in itself is NOT a mental illness in itself
People with Gender Dysphoria may experience other mental problems, such as depression and anxiety, substance use disorders, a negative sense of well-being and poor self-esteem, and an increased risk of self-harm and suicidality.

If none of those symptoms are present in a person with Gender Dysphoria, the person has no mental illness.

Great article. I hope the ACLU wins the lawsuit (as mentioned in the article) and the tax payers are stuck with the bill, the victim gets a BIG $$$$ settlement, and the person that made the decision to not allow the student to attend gets fired with no severance and forfeits the pension as well.
You're just factually wrong.

The DSM-IV called Gender Dysphoria "Gender Identity Disorder." They changed the name specifically because they thought that name depressed people with the disorder. They changed the name, but never declared it a non-disorder.

Of course they should not, because people with Gender Dyphoria are experiencing a genuine break with reality.

1684688584822.jpeg

Women at my company wear pants but we work in a factory. Most office folkettes wear a dress or a skirt.

Article says a lawsuit is filed. What is the price to not attend ones graduation. I say 100M is a fair amount.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that was ruined and I am seeing Mental Anguish being caused on this one as well.
Who said she couldn't go? Nobody but her.

Forum List

Back