Trans professor is placed on leave after interview defending pedophiles.

A pedophile tried to kill Rittenhouse and he shot and killed him in self defense and you think he was in the wrong. Sounds like you support him to me.
Well, you are a moron, so that's why it sounds like that to you.

You don't support someone who is defending themselves either?
I've been pretty consistent saying that Rittenhouse won't get convicted.

I think he illegally possessed a gun procured in a straw purchase, but that's not murder.

And nothing about whether or not he is a murderer has anything to do with the prior history of anyone who died.

But you guys are jerks looking to find smears because you enjoy being assholes. That much has been clear long before this.

I've been pretty consistent saying that Rittenhouse won't get convicted.

I think he illegally possessed a gun procured in a straw purchase, but that's not murder.

And nothing about whether or not he is a murderer has anything to do with the prior history of anyone who died.

But you guys are jerks looking to find smears because you enjoy being assholes. That much has been clear long before this.

The judge ruled that the gun was legal.

The judge ruled that the gun was legal.
Yeah, the law regarding the possession of the gun is absurdly written to the point that it's meaningless, so I can't hold that against him. The intent of the law is clear but the text is useless.

But that doesn't mean it wasn't part of a straw purchase. It definitely was.

Yeah, the law regarding the possession of the gun is absurdly written to the point that it's meaningless, so I can't hold that against him. The intent of the law is clear but the text is useless.

But that doesn't mean it wasn't part of a straw purchase. It definitely was.

Its not illegal to buy a gun for someone as long as that person can legally own that gun. He was 17. If someone had purchased a handgun for him, yeah that would be a straw purchase OR if Im at a gun show in another state and a friend who lives in that state purchases a gun and gives it to me, yeah, thats a straw purchase. Its legal to own a rifle at 17. I can go to another state and purchase a rifle without transferring to a dealer in my resident state. Not so with a handgun. If I purchase a handgun in another state in which I'm not a resident, I need to have the firearm sent to a dealer in my home state and pay a transfer fee.

Its not illegal to buy a gun for someone as long as that person can legally own that gun. He was 17. If someone had purchased a handgun for him, yeah that would be a straw purchase OR if Im at a gun show in another state and a friend who lives in that state purchases a gun and gives it to me, yeah, thats a straw purchase. Its legal to own a rifle at 17. I can go to another state and purchase a rifle without transferring to a dealer in my resident state. Not so with a handgun. If I purchase a handgun in another state in which I'm not a resident, I need to have the firearm sent to a dealer in my home state and pay a transfer fee.
It is indeed illegal to buy a gun for someone else. That's why the question is on the form used to purchase a weapon.

It is indeed illegal to buy a gun for someone else. That's why the question is on the form used to purchase a weapon.

Its not illegal. There’s no national law that prevents someone from giving firearms to a friend or family member in the same state. If you have reasonable cause to believe the person you’re giving a firearm to is prohibited from possessing a firearm or ammunition, or that the person will use the firearm in a crime, you are committing a felony. Personally, I wouldn't sell or give a firearm to someone.

Its not illegal. There’s no national law that prevents someone from giving firearms to a friend or family member in the same state. If you have reasonable cause to believe the person you’re giving a firearm to is prohibited from possessing a firearm or ammunition, or that the person will use the firearm in a crime, you are committing a felony. Personally, I wouldn't sell or give a firearm to someone.
This is what the form says regarding question 21a which asks about who the gun is for:
I certify that my answers in Section B are true, correct, and complete. I have read and understand the Notices, Instructions, and Definitions on ATF Form 4473. I understand that answering “yes” to question 21.a. if I am not the actual transferee/buyer is a crime punishable as a felony under Federal law, and may also violate State and/or local law.

This is what the form says regarding question 21a which asks about who the gun is for:
I certify that my answers in Section B are true, correct, and complete. I have read and understand the Notices, Instructions, and Definitions on ATF Form 4473. I understand that answering “yes” to question 21.a. if I am not the actual transferee/buyer is a crime punishable as a felony under Federal law, and may also violate State and/or local law.

Its legal, you just have to transfer it to them:

PURCHASING A GUN AS A GIFT​

When you purchase a firearm, the state considers you to be the owner of that firearm until you transfer it to the intended person. Whenever you visit the gun shop to make a purchase, you will fill out an ATF Form 4473. This form is the standard way to record the transaction.

This form will ask if you are the actual buyer of the firearm. If the recipient of the gift can legally purchase and own a gun, lives in the same state as you and doesn't know that you are making a purchase for them, you can technically purchase a firearm for them as a "gift."

If you are unsure if they fit this mold, talk with the gun shop owner about the situation. They can help you determine if the gift purchase will work with state and federal standards.

Never purchase a firearm for someone you have reasonable cause to believe can't legally own a gun. These individuals include but aren't limited to:

• Those who have been convicted of a felony
  • Those who are considered fugitives of the state or country
  • Those who have been diagnosed with mental illness
  • Those who are addicted to drugs
A purchase for someone who can't legally own a firearm is known as a "straw purchase." A straw purchase is considered a federal felony and is punishable with fines or jail time.

Its legal, you just have to transfer it to them:

PURCHASING A GUN AS A GIFT​

When you purchase a firearm, the state considers you to be the owner of that firearm until you transfer it to the intended person. Whenever you visit the gun shop to make a purchase, you will fill out an ATF Form 4473. This form is the standard way to record the transaction.

This form will ask if you are the actual buyer of the firearm. If the recipient of the gift can legally purchase and own a gun, lives in the same state as you and doesn't know that you are making a purchase for them, you can technically purchase a firearm for them as a "gift."

If you are unsure if they fit this mold, talk with the gun shop owner about the situation. They can help you determine if the gift purchase will work with state and federal standards.

Never purchase a firearm for someone you have reasonable cause to believe can't legally own a gun. These individuals include but aren't limited to:

• Those who have been convicted of a felony
  • Those who are considered fugitives of the state or country
  • Those who have been diagnosed with mental illness
  • Those who are addicted to drugs
A purchase for someone who can't legally own a firearm is known as a "straw purchase." A straw purchase is considered a federal felony and is punishable with fines or jail time.

Rittenhouse lives in Illinois. Dominick Black lives in Wisconsin. Your bolded states:
If the recipient of the gift can legally purchase and own a gun, lives in the same state as you and doesn't know that you are making a purchase for them, you can technically purchase a firearm for them as a "gift."

Further, Rittenhouse couldn't have legally purchased the gun either since he'd have to be 18, which was the whole reason for the straw purchase.

Lastly, there was no transfer.

Rittenhouse lives in Illinois. Dominick Black lives in Wisconsin. Your bolded states:
If the recipient of the gift can legally purchase and own a gun, lives in the same state as you and doesn't know that you are making a purchase for them, you can technically purchase a firearm for them as a "gift."

Further, Rittenhouse couldn't have legally purchased the gun either since he'd have to be 18, which was the whole reason for the straw purchase.

Lastly, there was no transfer.

Not according to the judge. He said there was no violation.

Not according to the judge. He said there was no violation.
That's not what the judge said. There was a different violation regarding possession of a rifle that was thrown out.

It has nothing to do with what we are talking about in a straw purchase.

Unfortunately, the progression of such reprobate behavior, homosexuality, transgender, cant figure out who you are, etc is only leading deeper into depravity.
Haha "depravity". Okay Church Lady.

Screen-Shot-2017-02-26-at-1.50.06-PM.png

That's not what the judge said. There was a different violation regarding possession of a rifle that was thrown out.

It has nothing to do with what we are talking about in a straw purchase.
I would say that the prosecutors would have charged KR with making a straw purchase, if that were possible. They seemed to be desperately looking for something to pin on him.

But that prosecutor was either playing dumb or was the dumbest MF'er I've ever seen who had a law degree. So, maybe he didn't think of it.

Forum List

Back