Traffic stop turns into never-ending ordeal because screaming banshee simply shouts down officer non-stop and won't let officers do their job.

You do HAVE to answer questions relating to the offense you committed or you can be arrested He was required to answer and his mon should have been arrested.

NO!
You most certainly do NOT ever have to answer ANY question related to a possible offense, without your lawyer being pressent.
You do have to show your license, registration, and proof of insurance, and that is all.

And the mom is SUPPOSED to prevent any further questioning.
Again if the cop asks a question and you refuse to answer it CAN in fact be a reason to place that individual under arrest. And yes the mom obstructed by repeatedly drowning out the son and interfering with law enforcement.

ONLY if the person is on parole and signed a consent form to allow such questioning.
Normally such questioning is illegal without a lawyer present.
And it is perfectly LEGAL to interfere with a law enforcement officer who is violating the law by not allowing legal representation to be present.
WTF???

are you nuts or something???

all she asked is if hes on probation or parole,,and if he is hes required to answer that according to his agreement,,,

But since the juvenile was NOT on probation or parole, there was no question that required being answered. In which case the cop was required by law to stop asking any more questions.
But the cop went on for 25 minutes, which is totally illegal.
you obviously watched a different video than I did,,cause this one only showed her asking the one question outside the traffic stop,,,

How do you reason with a screeching lunatic like the woman in this video? She simply shouts the officer down over and over again so the woman can not do her job. The kid ran a stop sign, refused to pull over until he got to his house, pulled over on the wrong side of the road. The police officer asked him if he is on parole or probation and the kid's mother answered for him before he could and simply kept demanding the cop give the ticket and leave. The police officer kept trying to explain that the young man has to answer the questions himself. Finally, the officer called for backup. The woman should have been arrested.

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

The whole video is ridiculous. I have been stopped by a police officer for walking on the side of the highway by myself. The cop asked me a few questions and patted me down on the side of the road after I consented. All he did was ask for my ID, asked where I was headed and what I was up to, asked if I was on probation or parole, where I worked, how long I had been at the address on my license, how long I planned on living in the town, if I had ever been in trouble with the law, and how things were going in life. When the other patrol car arrived, that officer took over the interrogation. The original officer then ran my information and when everything came back OK, they let me go with a warning to stay out of trouble. All of that took took not much more than 5 minutes. Things go much smoother and much more quickly if you simply cooperate rather than get defiant and act like a screaming lunatic.

That's nice.
You do realize you are under no legal obligation to answer any questions, right?

(BTW, video links don't work)

You do have a legal obligation to identify yourself.

Only if there are specific articulable facts in evidence that would lead a reasonable person to believe a crime is being, has been, or is about to be committed.
If a cop simply walks up and asks for ID, you are under no legal obligation to provide it.

in this case he was under arrest the minute she pulled him over,,,

Absolutely WRONG!
You are NOT under arrest for a minor traffic violation.
You can only be arrested for a serious and deliberate crime, like DUI, not having a license, hit and run, etc.

of course youre under arrest,,,
when you receive your ticket it has the charges you are being accused of and the name of the arresting officer and you sign a signature bond,,,

that means you are under arrest,,,

Ridiculous.
A traffic citation is NOT and can not be an arrest.
A traffic violation like running a stop sign is NOT a crime at all, and can NOT justify an arrest.
It is a regulatory infraction, like a parking ticket, and can not involve a criminal penalty or loss of rights in any way.
There are traffic regulations that are crimes, but not running a stop sign.
Tickets have the name of the issuing officer, and there is no arresting officer.

You do HAVE to answer questions relating to the offense you committed or you can be arrested He was required to answer and his mon should have been arrested.

NO!
You most certainly do NOT ever have to answer ANY question related to a possible offense, without your lawyer being pressent.
You do have to show your license, registration, and proof of insurance, and that is all.

Again if the cop asks a question and you refuse to answer it CAN in fact be a reason to place that individual under arrest. And yes the mom obstructed by repeatedly drowning out the son and interfering with law enforcement.

ONLY if the person is on parole and signed a consent form to allow such questioning.
And it is perfectly LEGAL to interfere with a law enforcement officer who is violating the law by not allowing legal representation to be present.
WTF???

all she asked is if hes on probation or parole,,and if he is hes required to answer that according to his agreement,,,

But since the juvenile was NOT on probation or parole, there was no question that required being answered. In which case the cop was required by law to stop asking any more questions.
you obviously watched a different video than I did,,cause this one only showed her asking the one question outside the traffic stop,,,

Then you did not see the whole video.

specific articulable facts in evidence that would lead a reasonable person to believe a crime is being, has been, or is about to be committed
Probable cause that the crime HAS BEEN committed and can therefore be prosecuted in court or the cops are shot out of luck casting horoscopes and predicting the future.

How do you reason with a screeching lunatic like the woman in this video? She simply shouts the officer down over and over again so the woman can not do her job. The kid ran a stop sign, refused to pull over until he got to his house, pulled over on the wrong side of the road. The police officer asked him if he is on parole or probation and the kid's mother answered for him before he could and simply kept demanding the cop give the ticket and leave. The police officer kept trying to explain that the young man has to answer the questions himself. Finally, the officer called for backup. The woman should have been arrested.

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

The whole video is ridiculous. I have been stopped by a police officer for walking on the side of the highway by myself. The cop asked me a few questions and patted me down on the side of the road after I consented. All he did was ask for my ID, asked where I was headed and what I was up to, asked if I was on probation or parole, where I worked, how long I had been at the address on my license, how long I planned on living in the town, if I had ever been in trouble with the law, and how things were going in life. When the other patrol car arrived, that officer took over the interrogation. The original officer then ran my information and when everything came back OK, they let me go with a warning to stay out of trouble. All of that took took not much more than 5 minutes. Things go much smoother and much more quickly if you simply cooperate rather than get defiant and act like a screaming lunatic.

That's nice.
You do realize you are under no legal obligation to answer any questions, right?

Only if there are specific articulable facts in evidence that would lead a reasonable person to believe a crime is being, has been, or is about to be committed.
If a cop simply walks up and asks for ID, you are under no legal obligation to provide it.

Absolutely WRONG!
You can only be arrested for a serious and deliberate crime, like DUI, not having a license, hit and run, etc.

when you receive your ticket it has the charges you are being accused of and the name of the arresting officer and you sign a signature bond,,,

Ridiculous.
A traffic violation like running a stop sign is NOT a crime at all, and can NOT justify an arrest.
It is a regulatory infraction, like a parking ticket, and can not involve a criminal penalty or loss of rights in any way.
Tickets have the name of the issuing officer, and there is no arresting officer.

dont argue with me I didnt write the law,,
but YES when you are pulled over for a traffic violation you ARE under arrest and as I said your ticket states the charges, arresting officer and you sign a signature bond or you cant leave,,,

NO!

WTF???

Then you did not see the whole video.
tell me what questions did she ask during this so called interrogation???

NO!

She was NOT stopping an illegal act you LOON. SHE was obstructing an officer from their appointed duties.

Wrong.
Interrogating a kid without a lawyer is not legal.
A cop can ask questions if the person voluntarily wants to answer, but once told by the mother that the kid did not want to answer, then the cop is required to SHUT UP!
It is illegal to continue to ask questions after being told to stop.
The only except is if the kid is on parole, which is not possible with a juvenile living at home.
Ohh really and HOW does one know it is a Juvenile if the MOTHER won't let him answer? And yes a 17 year old can IN FACT be convicted of a felony and IN FACT be on parole.

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

So why didn't the asshole just give him the ticket and be on her way?

Why does it take a half dozen cops almost an hour to write a traffic ticket? Defund all of that waste.

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

That's nice.

Absolutely WRONG!

Ridiculous.

but YES when you are pulled over for a traffic violation you ARE under arrest and as I said your ticket states the charges, arresting officer and you sign a signature bond or you cant leave,,,

No, traffic violation are not criminal, so you can not be arrested for it.
If a cop tried to arrest you for a parking ticket, that would the felony of false arrest.
You have to willfully violate the rights of someone, in order to get arrested.
No ticket I have ever seen says arrest, and I have NEVER signed anything after getting a regulatory violation ticket.
Nor would I ever sign anything without consulting a lawyer.

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

That's nice.

Click the arrow and then click Watch this video on Youtube.

Thanks, but I'm not sure I want to spend a half hour watching a psycho bitch.

My point it that you have the right to remain silent, but like all rights, if you never exercise it, or allow cops to pressure or bully you into not exercising it, then you don't have it anymore.

Cops who feel entitled to fuck up your day simply because you exercise your rights do themselves and their profession no favors.

You have the right to remain silent when you have are put under arrest. This is why they do not read you your Miranda Rights until they arrest you. The young man was not put under arrest, probably because the police officers recognized that it was his bat-shit crazy mother, not him, who was obstructing justice. They, like most of the people watching, felt sympathy for that young man.

once youre pulled over for a crime you are being placed under arrest,,, you sign the ticket as a signature bond to appear in court and released,,,

The police officer is instructed to ask if you are on probation or under parole. Do you think the officer in the video wrote the policy?

I didnt say anything about that,,but your right,,,and the kid is required to answer if he is on probation or parole,,,

He did.

NO!

She was NOT stopping an illegal act you LOON. SHE was obstructing an officer from their appointed duties.

Wrong.
Interrogating a kid without a lawyer is not legal.
A cop can ask questions if the person voluntarily wants to answer, but once told by the mother that the kid did not want to answer, then the cop is required to SHUT UP!
It is illegal to continue to ask questions after being told to stop.
The only except is if the kid is on parole, which is not possible with a juvenile living at home.
Ohh really and HOW does one know it is a Juvenile if the MOTHER won't let him answer? And yes a 17 year old can IN FACT be convicted of a felony and IN FACT be on parole.

Juveniles are under parental custody, so can not be on parole.
The cop does not have to ask the kid anything, since the mother can answer for her child.
And no, if the child is charged with a felony, they can NOT be convicted of it until AFTER they turn 18.

NO!

WTF???

Cops can ask all the questions they want and you can ignore their questions all you want. They are only prevented from asking questions when you exercise your Miranda rights and request a lawyer. They aren’t required to advise you of your Miranda rights UNTIL they arrest you.

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

That's nice.

Absolutely WRONG!

Ridiculous.

You are very definitely under arrest in a traffic stop. If you refuse to sign the ticket (which is officially called a promise to appear, or a summons), you WILL be taken to jail and kept there until you post bond or appear in front of a judge.

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

That's nice.

And get arrested. Hey, that's your right.

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

That's nice.

Hit the hot link for "Watch on YouTube"...

I didn't watch the video. I'm not referring to it in any way okay?

But you have the right to remain silent at any time. You are never obligated to answer any questions if you're not in court testifying.
It may not always be a good idea, but it's never illegal to refuse to answer a cop's question.

Go ahead and pretend to be a mute when a police officer pulls you over in a routine traffic stop for doing 35 in a 30 and asks asks "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?".

I have a right to remain silent when I am bleeding to death and the doctor asks my blood type right before I pass out. I personally choose not to exercise that right in a manner that is almost certainly to my own detriment.
World's got plenty of bootlickers already, guy.
Don't be one.

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

That's nice.

And get arrested. Hey, that's your right.

not legally.

dont complai

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

That's nice.

Absolutely WRONG!

Ridiculous.

No, traffic violation are not criminal, so you can not be arrested for it.
If a cop tried to arrest you for a parking ticket, that would the felony of false arrest.
You have to willfully violate the rights of someone, in order to get arrested.
No ticket I have ever seen says arrest, and I have NEVER signed anything after getting a regulatory violation ticket.
Nor would I ever sign anything without consulting a lawyer.

dont complain to me,,I didnt write the rules,,

and a parking ticket is against the car dumbass,,and guess what happens if you dont pay it??the car gets towed not you not you,,,

it doesnt have to say arrest,,but it does have the charges and name of arresting officer and you do have to sign a signature bond,,,

next time you get pulled over try telling the cop to fuck off and drive away,,,

NO!

WTF???

Cops can ask all the questions they want and you can ignore their questions all you want. They are only prevented from asking questions when you exercise your Miranda rights and request a lawyer. They aren’t required to advise you of your Miranda rights UNTIL they arrest you.
not even then do they have to give you your mirandas,,,

Forum List

Back