Traffic stop turns into never-ending ordeal because screaming banshee simply shouts down officer non-stop and won't let officers do their job.

You do HAVE to answer questions relating to the offense you committed or you can be arrested He was required to answer and his mon should have been arrested.

NO!
You most certainly do NOT ever have to answer ANY question related to a possible offense, without your lawyer being pressent.
You do have to show your license, registration, and proof of insurance, and that is all.

And the mom is SUPPOSED to prevent any further questioning.
Again if the cop asks a question and you refuse to answer it CAN in fact be a reason to place that individual under arrest. And yes the mom obstructed by repeatedly drowning out the son and interfering with law enforcement.

ONLY if the person is on parole and signed a consent form to allow such questioning.
Normally such questioning is illegal without a lawyer present.
And it is perfectly LEGAL to interfere with a law enforcement officer who is violating the law by not allowing legal representation to be present.
She was NOT stopping an illegal act you LOON. SHE was obstructing an officer from their appointed duties.

Wrong.
Interrogating a kid without a lawyer is not legal.
A cop can ask questions if the person voluntarily wants to answer, but once told by the mother that the kid did not want to answer, then the cop is required to SHUT UP!
It is illegal to continue to ask questions after being told to stop.
The only except is if the kid is on parole, which is not possible with a juvenile living at home.

He is not a kid. He is 19.

How do you reason with a screeching lunatic like the woman in this video? She simply shouts the officer down over and over again so the woman can not do her job. The kid ran a stop sign, refused to pull over until he got to his house, pulled over on the wrong side of the road. The police officer asked him if he is on parole or probation and the kid's mother answered for him before he could and simply kept demanding the cop give the ticket and leave. The police officer kept trying to explain that the young man has to answer the questions himself. Finally, the officer called for backup. The woman should have been arrested.

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

The whole video is ridiculous. I have been stopped by a police officer for walking on the side of the highway by myself. The cop asked me a few questions and patted me down on the side of the road after I consented. All he did was ask for my ID, asked where I was headed and what I was up to, asked if I was on probation or parole, where I worked, how long I had been at the address on my license, how long I planned on living in the town, if I had ever been in trouble with the law, and how things were going in life. When the other patrol car arrived, that officer took over the interrogation. The original officer then ran my information and when everything came back OK, they let me go with a warning to stay out of trouble. All of that took took not much more than 5 minutes. Things go much smoother and much more quickly if you simply cooperate rather than get defiant and act like a screaming lunatic.

That's nice.
You do realize you are under no legal obligation to answer any questions, right?

(BTW, video links don't work)

Click the arrow and then click Watch this video on Youtube.

Thanks, but I'm not sure I want to spend a half hour watching a psycho bitch.

My point it that you have the right to remain silent, but like all rights, if you never exercise it, or allow cops to pressure or bully you into not exercising it, then you don't have it anymore.

Cops who feel entitled to fuck up your day simply because you exercise your rights do themselves and their profession no favors.

You have the right to remain silent when you have are put under arrest. This is why they do not read you your Miranda Rights until they arrest you. The young man was not put under arrest, probably because the police officers recognized that it was his bat-shit crazy mother, not him, who was obstructing justice. They, like most of the people watching, felt sympathy for that young man.

once youre pulled over for a crime you are being placed under arrest,,, you sign the ticket as a signature bond to appear in court and released,,,

The police officer is instructed to ask if you are on probation or under parole. Do you think the officer in the video wrote the policy?

I didnt say anything about that,,but your right,,,and the kid is required to answer if he is on probation or parole,,,

He did.

He did not. His mom answered for him. The officer tried to explain that the young man has to answer for himself.

How do you reason with a screeching lunatic like the woman in this video? She simply shouts the officer down over and over again so the woman can not do her job. The kid ran a stop sign, refused to pull over until he got to his house, pulled over on the wrong side of the road. The police officer asked him if he is on parole or probation and the kid's mother answered for him before he could and simply kept demanding the cop give the ticket and leave. The police officer kept trying to explain that the young man has to answer the questions himself. Finally, the officer called for backup. The woman should have been arrested.

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

The whole video is ridiculous. I have been stopped by a police officer for walking on the side of the highway by myself. The cop asked me a few questions and patted me down on the side of the road after I consented. All he did was ask for my ID, asked where I was headed and what I was up to, asked if I was on probation or parole, where I worked, how long I had been at the address on my license, how long I planned on living in the town, if I had ever been in trouble with the law, and how things were going in life. When the other patrol car arrived, that officer took over the interrogation. The original officer then ran my information and when everything came back OK, they let me go with a warning to stay out of trouble. All of that took took not much more than 5 minutes. Things go much smoother and much more quickly if you simply cooperate rather than get defiant and act like a screaming lunatic.

That's nice.
You do realize you are under no legal obligation to answer any questions, right?

You are required to identify yourself if you're suspected of committing an offense. You don't have to answer any other questions.

Do you have to answer if you are asked if you are on probation or parole?

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

That's nice.

You are required to identify yourself if you're suspected of committing an offense. You don't have to answer any other questions.

according to my probation officer I was required to tell them regardless if they ask or not,, and also was required to call my PO as soon as possible to inform them when and why I had contact with a cop,,,

that was of course 25 yrs ago,,,

I am sure parole is far more strict on it,,,

Officer's bodycam

Police car dashcam

That's nice.

No, not if you aren't.

The right to remain silent means exactly what it sounds like.
From the link;

"Dashcam video of the 2015 arrest shows state troopers telling the Philadelphia lawyer that she has the right to remain silent after they arrested her for not answering their questions.

"I thought it was quite ironic that they had just arrested me and told me I had the right to do the same thing they just arrested me for," she said in an interview.

The video shows the troopers repeatedly asking Musarra if she knows why she is being stopped. When she doesn't respond, a trooper tells her, "OK, you're going to be placed under arrest if you don't answer my questions."

When she told them she didn't have to answer their questions, they told her to get out of the car and handcuffed her.

Musarra said she was detained in a local police station where a trooper told her she was obstructing justice by not responding to the officers. When she informed the trooper that it was not illegal to stay silent, he then apologized for the arrest and called the officer a "rookie," according to the lawsuit."

Forum List

Back