Traded for N.I.B. Springfield Armory 1911 Milspec

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
A friend of mine got this pistol last month and he and I went to the range last Thursday. He shot it 14 times, and I shot my Savage Scout 308 and my wifes 22. My buddy also has a Commander sized 1911 Desert Eagle too, which he shot. Well, we got home and he called and asked me If I'd trade him my Marlin 22 lever gun and my aging Charles Daly youth model 20 gauge pump. I'd been looking into trading the Marlin for a while because I don't use it anymore, it just lays in the safe sulking! ;) Around here they sell used for anywhere from 600 to 750 at the places I have seen that had a good used one, and the twenty gauge might bring 150.00. Told him I would think about it. Well, he says he'll also give me 100 dollars and a box of 50 45acp ammo, and if I throw in the shot shells, that I bought 15 years ago he'll give me 2 550 round boxes of 22 lr. So why not? I don't use either gun anymore.

I got the gun home and it's new like I said except for the two mags he put through it. Not a scratch on it and two 7 round mags. But, on the box it says 1911 Milspec CA. So I looked that up and it means California compliant. And according the the net that means it has to have a loaded chamber indicator, a magazine safety so it can't fire without a mag in it, and a way to engrave a unique mark on each empty case after firing and come with only one magazine. I took it apart and cleaned it and I can't see anyway it leaves a mark on the case other than the extractor mark and the firing pin dent. Plus, you can drop the hammer on it without the mag. I cannot see how the gun could know there was a round in the chamber and not fire when the hammer drops. I'll find out when I go shoot it soon. So it looks good and I've wanted a second 1911 for a while. Here's a factory image of it, or two.

1911-mil-spec-45-acp-ca-compliant-2.jpg

1911-mil-spec-45-acp-ca-compliant-1.jpg

1911-mil-spec-45-acp-ca-compliant-5.jpg

Plus he threw in something he called a barrel plug. I figure it must have been made for of those old "pepper box" guns they had back in the day! Looks like it would fit this perfect.

pepperbox.png
Here it is though, this is all I could figure out! ;)

barrel-stopper.gif

A friend of mine got this pistol last month and he and I went to the range last Thursday. He shot it 14 times, and I shot my Savage Scout 308 and my wifes 22. My buddy also has a Commander sized 1911 Desert Eagle too, which he shot. Well, we got home and he called and asked me If I'd trade him my Marlin 22 lever gun and my aging Charles Daly youth model 20 gauge pump. I'd been looking into trading the Marlin for a while because I don't use it anymore, it just lays in the safe sulking! ;) Around here they sell used for anywhere from 600 to 750 at the places I have seen that had a good used one, and the twenty gauge might bring 150.00. Told him I would think about it. Well, he says he'll also give me 100 dollars and a box of 50 45acp ammo, and if I throw in the shot shells, that I bought 15 years ago he'll give me 2 550 round boxes of 22 lr. So why not? I don't use either gun anymore.

I got the gun home and it's new like I said except for the two mags he put through it. Not a scratch on it and two 7 round mags. But, on the box it says 1911 Milspec CA. So I looked that up and it means California compliant. And according the the net that means it has to have a loaded chamber indicator, a magazine safety so it can't fire without a mag in it, and a way to engrave a unique mark on each empty case after firing and come with only one magazine. I took it apart and cleaned it and I can't see anyway it leaves a mark on the case other than the extractor mark and the firing pin dent. Plus, you can drop the hammer on it without the mag. I cannot see how the gun could know there was a round in the chamber and not fire when the hammer drops. I'll find out when I go shoot it soon. So it looks good and I've wanted a second 1911 for a while. Here's a factory image of it, or two.

View attachment 583227

View attachment 583228

View attachment 583230

Plus he threw in something he called a barrel plug. I figure it must have been made for of those old "pepper box" guns they had back in the day! Looks like it would fit this perfect.

View attachment 583232
Here it is though, this is all I could figure out! ;)

View attachment 583234

Maybe you should hit the shiny thing with a hammer . . . nailed it?

I have a Springfield MilSpec 1911. I recommend changing out the trigger. I put in a Wilson Combat competition trigger. Sweet pull.

And of course, add some sights that you can use.

• Banned
I can use the sights just fine.

Forum List

Back