1995 Remington 870 Police Magnum 12 ga Shotgun....LEO Trade-in

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I ran across this shotgun the other day. A local PD traded a bunch of their shotguns in. I paid $225.00. The last PD trade-in I bought was $175.00 so prices a going up as PDs trade them in.

pm 001 (2).JPG

pm 003 (2).JPG

Other than the worn metal finish it's in great shape with plain walnut wood.....20" Improved Cylinder barrel, a two-round Wilson Combat extension....7 + 1 capacity with 2.75" shells.

It had a sidesaddle spare shell carrier but I removed it in favor of a leather buttstock shell carrier I had. I don't care for the sidesaddle type shell carriers.

The 870 Police Magnums sported better springs/extractor, a metal trigger housing, and a factory smoothed action, very slick....They all had the updated shell carrier.

They are chambered for either 3" or 2.75" shells. This one came with a sling but I'm not that much on slings for a fighting shotgun.

Very potent medicine for a HD gun. ;)

Last edited:
Well done! I have owned a Rem. 870 for many years, and it has been bullet-proof, no matter what I asked of it.

I ran across this shotgun the other day. A local PD traded a bunch of their shotguns in. I paid $225.00. The last PD trade-in I bought was $175.00 so prices a going up as PDs trade them in.

View attachment 910314

View attachment 910315

Other than the worn metal finish it's in great shape with plain walnut wood.....20" Improved Cylinder barrel, a two-round Wilson Combat extension....7 + 1 capacity with 2.75" shells.

It had a sidesaddle spare shell carrier but I removed it in favor of a leather buttstock shell carrier I had. I don't care for the sidesaddle type shell carriers.

The 870 Police Magnums sported better springs, a metal trigger housing, and a factory smoothed action, very slick....They all had the updated shell carrier.

They are chambered for either 3" or 2.75" shells. This one came with a sling but I'm not that much on slings for a fighting shotgun.

Very potent medicine for a HD gun. ;)
Very nice!

Well done! I have owned a Rem. 870 for many years, and it has been bullet-proof, no matter what I asked of it.
Yep, I just gave my grandson the one my dad bought in the late 50s with the corncob forend. We won many a shooting match with it....I have one I hunt with and a new 12 and 20 ga still in their boxes.

I remember one night we took home everything at a Jaycees sponsored match but 5# of sausage! I sort of wanted that sausage because I knew who made it....Oh well.

The Lord only knows how much game between the two of us....Hopefully the grandkid will carry on with it. I gave him both the 32" full choke barrel it came with and a 28" modified barrel.

Forum List

Back