Trade Deficit with Mexico Hits All-Time High

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Mexico deficit.png

I thought Trump was going to fix this?

So did he go back on his word or does he not understand how international trade works?

View attachment 398655

So did he go back on his word or does he not understand how international trade works?

I've heard him put a lot of attention on the issue. Doesn't seem to have been enough. Maybe he needs to give up on negotiations and just put the tariff hammer down, hard.

You want him to enact more taxes on consumers?

View attachment 398655

I've heard him put a lot of attention on the issue. Doesn't seem to have been enough. Maybe he needs to give up on negotiations and just put the tariff hammer down, hard.

I want him to protect American Manufacturing workers from having to compete on a level playing field with Third World labor making 3.50 an hour.

View attachment 398655

I want him to protect American Manufacturing workers from having to compete on a level playing field with Third World labor making 3.50 an hour.

It's American manufacturers that are exploiting that labor to start with.

View attachment 398655

Mexico is not China. The US focus is to get manufacturing out of China. While bringing it back home would be ideal, with the insane environmental regulations in America that isn't going to happen in most cases. Mexico is a vastly better alternative to China.

1602162638232.png

Mostly this is driven by Mexico falling into recession due to the Wuhan virus and not buying consumer goods.

View attachment 398655

Mexico is not China. The US focus is to get manufacturing out of China. While bringing it back home would be ideal, with the insane environmental regulations in America that isn't going to happen in most cases. Mexico is a vastly better alternative to China.

View attachment 398662

Mostly this is driven by Mexico falling into recession due to the Wuhan virus and not buying consumer goods.

Insane I tell you. Let's bring back burning rivers so we can have cheap stuff.

View attachment 398655

Maybe. I don't know or care about the ownership of the factories as much as I do the jobs.

We have ignored the value of jobs to our nation, in our trade policy for decades.

We need DECADES of pro-job policies to balance that out.

View attachment 398655

companies are looking for other suppliers (by other I mean other than CHINA)-----------and Mexico is the big winner in this. This means that mexican wages will go up and that they need workers---------so we shouldn't be taking in other immigrants from south of the border EXCePT that we have welfare which is the real reason why the illegals flood over here.

First off, Mexico is not third world. The median income exceeds your beloved China. Secondly, it's American tech and manufacturing jobs that have built up the rising middle class in Mexico, so how is that "exploitation," comrade?

Was it I that said they were third world? Nope.

So you're just flinging shit like a feral baboon with no actual thought involved.

It is in the interests of America for Mexico to prosper. This deficit unfortunately doesn't show prosperity but the ravages of the Wuhan virus China unleashed on the world. The shutdowns in Mexico and American have deeply impacted the Mexican economy resulting in a decline in consumer goods spending. Less US goods are being consumed.

View attachment 398655

Maybe. I don't know or care about the ownership of the factories as much as I do the jobs.

We have ignored the value of jobs to our nation, in our trade policy for decades.

We need DECADES of pro-job policies to balance that out.

You can't do that without addressing the ownership but you say you don't care about that which in reality means you don't really care.

So you're just flinging shit like a feral baboon with no actual thought involved.

It is in the interests of America for Mexico to prosper. This deficit unfortunately doesn't show prosperity but the ravages of the Wuhan virus China unleashed on the world. The shutdowns in Mexico and American have deeply impacted the Mexican economy resulting in a decline in consumer goods spending. Less US goods are being consumed.

It's in the interest of America for everyone to prosper but we seem to have a problem with that.

P.S. I addressed a statement about regulations. You ignored what I asked to go on a mindless rant.

Forum List

Back