Tories make us safer by releasing prisoners early to make some prison space.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
What a day to be alive. Our conservative govt announces 2 exciting measures that will make us all safer.
This is the problem. Our prisons are full and in fact overcrowded.
So they have come up with an exciting new plan to combat this.

1. Put all trials on hold so that no more people are sent to jail.

2. Let prisoners out 70 days early.

This makes us all feel safer.

A slight problem with this is that one prison has already released stalkers and child sex offenders These are generally psychotic individuals and will generally reoffend.

My suggestion is they release all the old pensioners that they locled up under there exciting new stop moaning laws.. They are unlikely to do anything more dangerous than protest against oil companies.

Conservative Chaos.

odd,,,

over there it's conservatives

over here it's democrats

Maybe its time to reopen the penal colonies in Australia if more space is needed.

How about the Tower of London, can they take prisoners there? My understanding is that they don't have any there now.

odd,,,

over there it's conservatives

over here it's democrats
I dont see this as ideology. The cons would lock everyone up if they could.
It is more the systematic incometence that has led to this situation. They are not serious people.
If you were planning to increase sentences you might have a big meeting of all the stakeholders to discuss the issues. Maybe draw up a plan to implement things that needed to happen. Its how all businesses work. Certainly the ones I have worked with.
But they dont do that. They think up something over the weekend and announce it on monday.
Just this week they have ditched mad plans to jail smelly people living rough.. We are also banning coloured lanyards in govt offices. Stuff that will really make a difference.

Forum List

Back