Top Kill has failed according to BP

It wouldn't hurt if they expedited the EPA permits requested by Jindal to dredge and build sand berms. The delays for these are inane.

Yeah, this is obviously bad and it looks like it's going to get much worse, too.

I cannot even begin to imagine what a mess this is going to make of the Gulf wetlands and shoreline.

Those fragile ecosystems are going to become a wasteland.

And since they're the spawning ground for so many species both of fish and fowl, this disaster is going to radically alter the entire ecosystem in the Gulf.

I have no idea what value mankind puts on such things, nor do I much care, either.

BP just ruined a significant part of the globe because they were too fucking cheap to take every precaution they could.

So much for the theirory of the intelligence of the invisible hand of the market, folks.

Events like this inform us why having regulations (and governments that enforce them) are absolutely necessary to maintaining one's civilization.

BP ought to be put down like the a rabid dog
...and maybe taken over by our inept Obama Administration to hide the contribution that it made to the catastrophe? BP was excused from an environmental impact study by the Obama Zombies. Obama received the largest contribution ever from BP to a political candidate. He was just paying them back.

Obama is stifling the offshore drilling industry of the US while watching China drill just off Cuba. Obama is trying to destroy the economy of the United States so we can all bow down to some New World Order leader...maybe him.

The political cronies of Obama that greased the skids for BP (in return for their contribution to the cause) have just as much blame to bear as the fools that made the decision to lift the mud early.

Government control of any industry is inefficient, full of corruption and subject to unsafe shortcuts and incidents of some 'government inspector' looking the other way...in exhange for one benefit or another.

...and now, pretty boy Obama gets a photo op on the beach along with some freshly hired movie extras from God knows where and claims that all that is being done to control the situation is being driven by him personally. He will soon dive down there and stick his finger in the hole.

Last edited:
Drilling of the first relief well, which began on May 2 continues as does drilling of a second relief well, begun on May 16. Each of these wells is estimated to take some three months to complete from the commencement of drilling.

Update on Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Response | Press release | BP

>

Reporting from Washington —
A top Obama administration official warned Sunday that the Gulf of Mexico oil spill might not be stopped until late summer after BP's latest attempt to plug the leak failed.

The "American people need to know" that it's "possible we will have oil leaking from this well until August, when the relief wells will be finished," said Carol Browner, the White House energy advisor.

White House says gulf oil leak may continue until late summer - latimes.com

Why does BP keep saying each new scheme has better odds of working than the last one?

Doesn't that mean they should have tried the latest one FIRST?????

Dudley said on ABC that those wells will "certainly" be "the end point on this game." But he said company officials were optimistic the latest procedure would work.

"We failed to wrestle the beast to the ground yesterday," he said. "We're going to go in and put a cap on it."

Rep. Edward Markey (D-Mass.), chairman of one of the congressional committees investigating the spill, said the relief wells must work, which was why it was important for the administration to force BP to drill a second one as a backup. But he accused BP of "boosterism" for its continued optimism about stopping the leak through other methods.

"BP has been making it up as they go along the whole way. They have not been prepared. They do not know for sure what the result is going to be of anything which they are doing," Markey said on "Face the Nation." "I have no confidence whatsoever in BP
."

White House says gulf oil leak may continue until late summer - latimes.com

Why does BP keep saying each new scheme has better odds of working than the last one?

Doesn't that mean they should have tried the latest one FIRST?????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funny!

They are clearly winging it and looking like bigger liars every day as they gauranteed the MMS they had a spill ten times bigger planned for.

Oh ...but it is Obamas fault..... ya that dumb ass darkie should have swam down and given a speach at the bottom of the ocean..

After all is said and done this will be a real good lesson to he american public that big foriegn owned corporations are not to be trusted.

Where is the GLOMAR Explorer?
1_canyon_express.jpg

Probably had it's budget defunded by a bunch of science hating Conservatives.:razz:

Wrong.....It's been leased to the Indonesian government by GUESS WHO!!!!

when the uss forrestal dropped a nuke in the drink in the gulf of tonkin, howard hughes was hired to deploy the explorer for the recovery. that was the mid-60's (i forget exactly when but the forrestal's ships logs are available online and tell the story. us goofy yippie radicals like to call it the gulf of tonka toys incident --- very costly, but no people or the environment were injured)

since i don't form immutable snap judgements about people i meet i these boards, i'm just guessing from prior encounters and what i see of your posts in threads i'm not posting in, you have stated that you are retired from a career in government service and you posted a picture of yourself (?) with a tiger that looked to be tamed and trained.

if that is indeed you, it all adds up to a CIA field operative in my experience.
also, in my experience, that doesn't automatically make you the enemy - just someone to be cautious in my interactions with.

i'm in the gemstone business --- the tucson gem shows seem to be a spook training ground. trading gemstones for weapons is much neater than trading dope for the weapons, so i never know when i might profit from an interaction with Coopt - Interdict - Assassinate a/k/a the Cocaine Importation Agency.

so to get back to your question, them lousy obamanomical libruls are somehow leasing the boat to the indonesians, yeah??:cool:

Well, if you haven't figured it out,

BP knows these 'fixes' won't work, the top hat, the top kill. Those odds of success they were citing,

made up nonsense. They didn't think that top kill had a 70% chance of working, they more likely figured it had a one in a million chance of working.

But why did they try them, you ask, if they knew they wouldn't work?

Simple. To try to maintain the illusion that there are fixes for these blowouts other than the only fix that has ever worked, which is the relief well. Why the need to maintain that illusion?
Because if everyone wakes up to the fact that the only really reliable fix for these wells is the relief well, then governments like ours will start requiring them to drill the relief well alongside the primary well.

very damaging to the bottom line.

JMHO!

BP knows these 'fixes' won't work, the top hat, the top kill. Those odds of success they were citing,

made up nonsense. They didn't think that top kill had a 70% chance of working, they more likely figured it had a one in a million chance of working.

Simple. To try to maintain the illusion that there are fixes for these blowouts other than the only fix that has ever worked, which is the relief well. Why the need to maintain that illusion?
Because if everyone wakes up to the fact that the only really reliable fix for these wells is the relief well, then governments like ours will start requiring them to drill the relief well alongside the primary well.

JMHO!

You get a star for being the smartest kid in the class today.:clap2::clap2:

Has anyone thought of sending Limbaugh down the tube to plug the hole? And if he is lost in the process, well, the ocean will tak care of him. His body will float as naturally as sea water itself.

Has anyone thought of sending Limbaugh down the tube to plug the hole? And if he is lost in the process, well, the ocean will tak care of him. His body will float as naturally as sea water itself.
heh...all that extra gas would destroy the world.

The American people should know that from the moment this disaster began, the federal government has been in charge of the response effort," Obama told a news conference.

Obama: Gov't in Charge of Oil Disaster Response - ABC News

WASHINGTON (AP) -- On the defensive more than five weeks into the nation's worst-ever oil spill, President Barack Obama insisted Thursday that his administration, not oil giant BP, was calling the shots in the still-unsuccessful response.

"I take responsibility. It is my job to make sure that everything is done to shut this down," Obama declared at a news conference in the East Room of the White House. The Gulf of Mexico oil spill dominated the hour-long session.

Fixing oil disaster my responsibility, Obama says - Yahoo! Finance

JMHO!

o'rly.....obama says his administration has been calling the shots from day one....NOT...BP

next

The American people should know that from the moment this disaster began, the federal government has been in charge of the response effort," Obama told a news conference.

Obama: Gov't in Charge of Oil Disaster Response - ABC News

WASHINGTON (AP) -- On the defensive more than five weeks into the nation's worst-ever oil spill, President Barack Obama insisted Thursday that his administration, not oil giant BP, was calling the shots in the still-unsuccessful response.

"I take responsibility. It is my job to make sure that everything is done to shut this down," Obama declared at a news conference in the East Room of the White House. The Gulf of Mexico oil spill dominated the hour-long session.

Fixing oil disaster my responsibility, Obama says - Yahoo! Finance

And therein probably lies the problem.

JMHO!

o'rly.....obama says his administration has been calling the shots from day one....NOT...BP

next

And your point is...??? BP's failure to plug the pipe is Obamas fault? The spill is Obamas fault?? This is what you call humor? Funny:cuckoo:

JMHO!

next

And your point is...??? BP's failure to plug the pipe is Obamas fault? The spill is Obamas fault?? This is what you call humor? Funny:cuckoo:

are you stupid or drunk? quoting obama saying he has been in charge and calling the shots has obviously caused you extreme anger...i wonder why that is?

oh....because you're a hack

JMHO!

next

So? Why did BP say the top kill had a 70% chance of working? Where did they get that number when no well has ever been plugged at that depth, in fact, it hasn't even been tried? How do you get a 7 in 10 chance probability with no historical data to work from?

Answer - you pull it out of your ass to establish a narrative that the procedure MIGHT work.

What he did Friday was chickenshit...that photo op..he couldn't even have dinner and get a taste of what is getting destroyed..i am just beyond pissed..i am done with Obama..

BP's Gulf battle echoes monster '79 Mexico oil spill

BP Plc's race to cap its ruptured oil well in the Gulf of Mexico is eerily similar to a 1979 accident off the coast of Mexico that caused the world's worst oil spill.

Pemex's scramble to come up with other solutions while the relief wells were being drilled will sound familiar to those who have followed BP's efforts to stop the oil gushing out of its ruptured well.

Divers tried to manually operate the blowout preventer but this effort was unsuccessful and over the next several months Pemex tried a variety of solutions, including a plan to force metal spheres into the well to cut the flow of oil and lowering a steel structure over the spill to capture the crude.

BP's Gulf battle echoes monster '79 Mexico oil spill

In short, the oil industry's 'fixes' that didn't work in 150 ft of water are essentially little changed in 30 YEARS, and are now being tried a mile deep.

And you seriously think the people at BP seriously thought these would work?

Seriously?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back