Top best Presidents

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
The only rules are you cannot name Obama or Trump , as we don’t need to get into a flaming war??

1) Washington!!! Father of America

2) Lincoln - even through I am against the war

3) Reagan - won the Cold War. Great leader

4) Eisenhower- superb at everything

5) Teddy R- father of the Environment . very good at mma too lol

6) Harry Truman -

I don't like rules.

So I won't be able to name my favorite President ever!

(but probably y'all know who he is.):04:

ok....having said that ^^^

I'd say John Kennedy, because any President who says this is just amazing and very, very extraordinary!:clap:

1594261892764.png

Our best President was Calvin Coolidge.

1. The economy hummed along.

2. He realized that business is the backbone of our country.

3. He basically kept his mouth shut.

If you used modern standards to judge a 19th century president (which is appropriate since the list includes "top best") you would have to say (in spite of a century and a half propaganda) that Lincoln was an abject failure as a president. He didn't have the political confidence to hold the Nation together and he listened to criminally negligent advice that the Civil War wouldn't last a single summer. If he wasn't assassinated he would probably not have been elected for a second term. What is the criteria for a "best president"? Peace and prosperity is certainly important so we can eliminate the presidents who presided over wars and the presidents who presided over depressions and recessions. Ike ended the stalemate and confusion of Truman's war in Korea and America enjoyed prosperous times in the 50's. Reagan forced Iran to release it's hostages when Carter seemed confused about the whole thing and had a hand in ending the "cold war" and tearing down the Berlin Wall which was started during the JFK administration. The MSM generally ignored Ike and hated Reagan but they both get my vote.

If you used modern standards to judge a 19th century president (which is appropriate since the list includes "top best") you would have to say (in spite of a century and a half propaganda) that Lincoln was an abject failure as a president. He didn't have the political confidence to hold the Nation together and he listened to criminally negligent advice that the Civil War wouldn't last a single summer. If he wasn't assassinated he would probably not have been elected for a second term. What is the criteria for a "best president"? Peace and prosperity is certainly important so we can eliminate the presidents who presided over wars and the presidents who presided over depressions and recessions. Ike ended the stalemate and confusion of Truman's war in Korea and America enjoyed prosperous times in the 50's. Reagan forced Iran to release it's hostages when Carter seemed confused about the whole thing and had a hand in ending the "cold war" and tearing down the Berlin Wall which was started during the JFK administration. The MSM generally ignored Ike and hated Reagan but they both get my vote.
Agree with that, but there must be a typo. Abe was elected to a second term, then thankfully murdered.

Kennedy was our best potus. Lincoln our worst.

Just because they were (or had) good speech writers? Both made horrible blunders early in their presidencies. Lincoln got 600,000 Americans killed in an unnecessary war and JFK was an inexperienced patsy for Soviet leader Krushchev, who played him for a fool during the Cuban Missile "Crisis."* Assassination was the only thing that rescued their reputations.

*Krushchev wanted the U.S. to remove its missiles from Turkey, so he put some of his own Cuba as a bargaining chip. JFK folded and agreed to remove our missiles from Turkey, as long as it was kept secret from the American people! FACT

Kennedy was our best potus. Lincoln our worst.

Just because they were (or had) good speech writers? Both made horrible blunders early in their presidencies. Lincoln got 600,000 Americans killed in an unnecessary war and JFK was an inexperienced patsy for Soviet leader Krushchev, who played him for a fool during the Cuban Missile "Crisis."* Assassination was the only thing that rescued their reputations.

*Krushchev wanted the U.S. to remove its missiles from Turkey, so he put some of his own Cuba as a bargaining chip. JFK folded and agreed to remove our missiles from Turkey, as long as it was kept secret from the American people! FACT
JFK used the CIA to raise and train an illegal invasion army and then left the poor bastards at the Bay of Pigs.

The only rules are you cannot name Obama or Trump , as we don’t need to get into a flaming war??

1) Washington!!! Father of America

2) Lincoln - even through I am against the war

3) Reagan - won the Cold War. Great leader

4) Eisenhower- superb at everything

5) Teddy R- father of the Environment . very good at mma too lol

6) Harry Truman -

Washington

Lincoln

Jefferson

T Roosevelt

F Roosevelt

Agree with that, but there must be a typo. Abe was elected to a second term, then thankfully murdered.
I stand corrected Gip. Old Abe had a full term to make things right before the debacle in his 2nd term but apparently he spent his time creating cute quips for biographers instead of dealing with malcontent congressmen. Maybe he was too timid to deal with real issues. He was truly overrated

1. Jefferson

The only POTUS who has a monument in DC but not because he was a warmonger like the rest.

He was just that good as he did away with the Alien and Sedition Acts that made it illegal to speak out against government.

He at least saved us till the Progressive era.

FDR was the founder of the “swamp “
He was as racists as Nixon
He his economical policy was a huge failure

However ..he should uncanny leadership in WW2

Forum List

Back