Took The Cat To The Vets Today and It's Not Good News

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
She's been having this really bad and red ear growth in her ear for a few days now with black stuff coming out of it and we finally got her an appointment today after Thanksgiving and now some tests have to be done because the vet thinks it might be cancerous. A biopsy is going to be scheduled in a few weeks because the vet says that it won't kill her within that time and she might have to get surgery done. The biggest issue though is that she has a heart murmur so I don't know how well she would be able to go underneath anesthesia. I just hope and pray that she'll be alright. She's only around nine years old after all.

Last year we lost our cat that we had for 18 years. She was a member of the family and we loved her and it was a heavy loss for us so I know how you feel.

Yeah, but it hasn't come to the point of losing her yet either.

IMG_20201002_155933 2.jpg

Last year we lost our cat that we had for 18 years. She was a member of the family and we loved her and it was a heavy loss for us so I know how you feel.

Btw, I'm sorry for your loss. :smiliehug:

My boss... I mean my cat found me and my dog while we were out walking and followed us home and has never left...he is blind because he had a tumor that had to be removed from behind his eye... it was a long scary battle filled with worry so I know what you are going through...

It literally means life or death for my kitty right now and that's what's so scary. Hopefully after we get the biopsy scheduled we can have the mass, tumor, or whatever it is removed. The great thing is she doesn't seem to be in pain.

Let us know right away. I hope she will be all right.

Me too. Although a part of me wishes she could get a biopsy sooner but she's not in pain and unfortunately there's only so much that they can do right now. I was not expecting this news and especially so close to Christmas. :(

Btw she had a shot and some antibiotics today. I forgot to mention that.

Pretty girl

Thanks, I've always thought so too. :)

Yeah,cancer sucks!!!
We lost our Katy to a brain tumor. We did everything possible to keep her alive but we knew in the end it was a losing fight.
She's the little girl on the right when she was a pup.

View attachment 732537

View attachment 732539

She was a senior in this pic....

Aww,... Poor thing, but I'm not even a hundred percent sure that it's cancer yet, but the vet definitely suspects that it is. It's just how much if at all has it spread is the question.

Thanks, I've always thought so too. :)

Aww,... Poor thing, but I'm not even a hundred percent sure that it's cancer yet, but the vet definitely suspects that it is. It's just how much if at all has it spread is the question.

All you can do is do what you can.
In the end God decides.

We have all of our pups on the mantle in the form of ashes and I look at them every day and smile at the joy they brought me over the years.

Yeah, but it hasn't come to the point of losing her yet either.

View attachment 732491
See what the biopsy shows, then work up a plan of action with your vet. There are a lot of different benign or malignant tumors and growths a cat can get, so don’t panic yet. (I know that is hard not to do). Once you know, do some serious research. I’m not sure how much the heart murmur will affect surgery, maybe not as much as you fear.

(((Hugs))))

All you can do is do what you can.
In the end God decides.

We have all of our pups on the mantle in the form of ashes and I look at them every day and smile at the joy they brought me over the years.

That's the only thing I hate about having pets. Knowing that eventually you'll have to say goodbye. :(

See what the biopsy shows, then work up a plan of action with your vet. There are a lot of different benign or malignant tumors and growths a cat can get, so don’t panic yet. (I know that is hard not to do). Once you know, do some serious research. I’m not sure how much the heart murmur will affect surgery, maybe not as much as you fear. When do you expect biopsy results?

(((Hugs))))

Not sure since she hasn't had it yet and you're telling me it's not easy not to panic. Fur or skin, family is family in this household.

That's the only thing I hate about having pets. Knowing that eventually you'll have to say goodbye. :(

Not sure since she hasn't had it yet and you're telling me it's not easy not to panic. Fur or skin, family is family in this household.

Yeah...unfortunately Boxers are a member of the heart break breeds.
They die way to young.
Sometimes I wish I'd fallon in love with a different breed but I can't stop loving them.

4 paws or 2, it’s family here as well :)

Yeah...unfortunately Boxers are a member of the heart break breeds.
They die way to young.
Sometimes I wish I'd fallon in love with a different breed but I can't stop loving them.

The good thing is that after a loss of a pet, their body is the only things that die, not the memories or the love between you. :)

Forum List

Back