Too bad the German resistance to Hitler failed

He was trying to make Germany great again.

That is an asshole statement.
Yes it is, I meant it that way. Hitler was just one of many who used a similar nationalist, nostalgic sentiment and ended up ruining their country, their reign ending in disgrace and defeat.

Well, it is good that you know you are being an asshole. I guess.

Smearing people with the slurs of fascism and genocide, simply for being nationalistic or nostalgic is truly the action of a real asshole.

I mean, like I'm not sure just "asshole" covers it. Your action there, is taking the deaths of millions and cheapening that atrocity, for a cheap partisan zinger.

That is vile.

Also, doing that type of shit, if someday a real Nazi, hints the scene, will people believe it, when the slur "nazi" had been used cheaply and constantly by assholes for generations?

YOu are beyond vile.
Nope, when some political cult leader follows the nationalist formula they knowingly join a club that has a sizable body count.

No, they don't. Nationalism is a nearly universal force in NATIONS. That you want to pick out Nationalists that you dislike, and smear them, is just you being an asshole.
You know that special feeling you get when anyone mounts some patriotic display and you automatically believe whatever bullshit they say? That is nationalism as a political tool.

No, I don't know that feeling. That is not the way it works. You are just rationalizing your hatred of the "other".

Yes it is, I meant it that way. Hitler was just one of many who used a similar nationalist, nostalgic sentiment and ended up ruining their country, their reign ending in disgrace and defeat.

Smearing people with the slurs of fascism and genocide, simply for being nationalistic or nostalgic is truly the action of a real asshole.

I mean, like I'm not sure just "asshole" covers it. Your action there, is taking the deaths of millions and cheapening that atrocity, for a cheap partisan zinger.

That is vile.

Also, doing that type of shit, if someday a real Nazi, hints the scene, will people believe it, when the slur "nazi" had been used cheaply and constantly by assholes for generations?

YOu are beyond vile.
Nope, when some political cult leader follows the nationalist formula they knowingly join a club that has a sizable body count.

No, they don't. Nationalism is a nearly universal force in NATIONS. That you want to pick out Nationalists that you dislike, and smear them, is just you being an asshole.
You know that special feeling you get when anyone mounts some patriotic display and you automatically believe whatever bullshit they say? That is nationalism as a political tool.

No, I don't know that feeling. That is not the way it works. You are just rationalizing your hatred of the "other".
That's exactly how it works and you love it. It's politics for simpletons.

That is vile.

YOu are beyond vile.

You're speculating about a feeling you don't have, about how it effects MY thinking.

And lo and behold, those that don't agree with you, are just being "Stupid".

How self serving and clever you must be, to come up with that answer? LOL!!!!

your politics are the politics for simpletons as you just demonstrated.

That is vile.

YOu are beyond vile.

You're speculating about a feeling you don't have, about how it effects MY thinking.

I'm not the one who still believes every word said by a pathological liar.

That is vile.

YOu are beyond vile.

Who ever said I believe everything anyone says? Are you high right now?

That is vile.

YOu are beyond vile.

You know how you mercilessly turn on republican heretics? You know better than to have a mind of your own.

That is vile.

YOu are beyond vile.

You know how you mercilessly turn on republican heretics? You know better than to have a mind of your own.

Not really. THe ones that have been turned on "mercilessly" were not just "heretics" not conforming, but assholes being really fucking assholes.

Plenty of room for reasonable disagreement on policies.

But some asshole says something stupid, like, "yes wacism", yeah, they deserve to get "merciless".

Patriotism, nationalism, that you want to smear all the good people that feel those feelings, because you don't feel them, is you being a massive asshole. To hundreds of millions of good people. Hell, maybe billions.

That is vile.

YOu are beyond vile.

Not really. THe ones that have been turned on "mercilessly" were not just "heretics" not conforming, but assholes being really fucking assholes.

But some asshole says something stupid, like, "yes wacism", yeah, they deserve to get "merciless".

Patriotism, nationalism, that you want to smear all the good people that feel those feelings, because you don't feel them, is you being a massive asshole. To hundreds of millions of good people. Hell, maybe billions.
Anyone with an arm and a hand can wave a flag. Don't you ever take a look at what that flag may be covering up?

That is vile.

YOu are beyond vile.

Anyone with an arm and a hand can wave a flag. Don't you ever take a look at what that flag may be covering up?

So, to be clear, you are dropping that line of attack, about "heretics" to jump back to attacking the idea of Patriotism?

If I answer your question on Patriotism, are you going to ignore my point on that, and jump back to the "heretic" line of attack, or throw some new shit against the wall?

would have saved millions of lives.
Actually, keeping Hitler alive may have saved the world.

After all, Hitler was not that bright and insisted on micromanaging the military. Hitler was also a junkie, which further impeded what little judgment his sick twisted mind had.

Putting someone like Rommel in there to run the war probably would have prolonged things or worse.

That was always a possibility. Of course all that would have gotten is whatever German City was still un-occupied being nuked.

That is vile.

YOu are beyond vile.

So, to be clear, you are dropping that line of attack, about "heretics" to jump back to attacking the idea of Patriotism?

If I answer your question on Patriotism, are you going to ignore my point on that, and jump back to the "heretic" line of attack, or throw some new shit against the wall?
No one with a mind of their own would have a problem with anything I have said. Drop out of the cult now and avoid the rush.

That is vile.

YOu are beyond vile.

No one with a mind of their own would have a problem with anything I have said. Drop out of the cult now and avoid the rush.

Not only would EVERYONE with a mind have a problem with what you said, my most recent point was about the way you are jumping from one line of attack to another, without responding to counterpoints, at all.

That is not a debate, or even an informal discussion. THat is you ranting at me.

Let's stick with Patriotism. YOu are pretending that ALL patriotism is abuse of Patriotism, ie using love of country to hide bad shit.

That is obviously not true. Patriotism helped America stand together and defeat the Nazis, for one clear example.

Are you able to address that point, seriously and honestly, or not?

Yes, Herr Hitler was really stupid when he decided to invade Russia.

Apparently, he had forgotten what happened to Napoleon's invasion of Russia.

Not only would EVERYONE with a mind have a problem with what you said, my most recent point was about the way you are jumping from one line of attack to another, without responding to counterpoints, at all.

That is not a debate, or even an informal discussion. THat is you ranting at me.

Let's stick with Patriotism. YOu are pretending that ALL patriotism is abuse of Patriotism, ie using love of country to hide bad shit.

That is obviously not true. Patriotism helped America stand together and defeat the Nazis, for one clear example.

I never said all patriotism is a lie. I said you and the rest of the right are vulnerable to false patriotism used to sell authoritarian goals. After seeing the right fall for it so many times to sell stupid wars and attacks on privacy and civil liberties it's not even debatable. They can wrap anything in a flag and you will buy it.

Last edited:

I never said all patriotism is a lie. I said you and the rest of the right are vulnerable to false patriotism used to sell authoritarian goals. After seeing the right fall for it so many times to sell stupid wars and attacks on privacy and civil liberties it's not even debatable. They can wrap anything in a flag and you will buy it.

1. That was not what you said, but thanks for walking it back.

2. That was not what you said, but I am willing to go with it.

3. So many times? Mmm, no. We were talking about Trump. Give me your best Trump example of using patriotism, sorry, "fake patriotism" to sell a war or an attack on civil liberties.

Yes, Herr Hitler was really stupid when he decided to invade Russia.

Apparently, he had forgotten what happened to Napoleon's invasion of Russia.

I think war was unavoidable, and it was either going to be Germany invading the USSR, or the USSR invading Germany, and Mr. Hitler preferred the former over the latter.

I suppose that , theoretically, Hitler and Stalin could have tried to continue their close friendship and tight alliance. After all, national socialism and communism are very similar ideologies based upon the pillars of socialized medicine and rabid gun control. But these kinds of grand liberal alliance always break down. Stalin had warred with other lib groups before WW2- fellows like Trotsky and the Mensheviks and the Prom Party. Ditto with Mr. Hitler- who battled German Communists and his own personal Bum Buddy, Ernst Rohm.

Liberalism is based upon cults of personality, always remember and never forget.

3. So many times? Mmm, no. We were talking about Trump. Give me your best Trump example of using patriotism, sorry, "fake patriotism" to sell a war or an attack on civil liberties.
How do you feel about Trump's new secret police squads moving into cities experiencing civil unrest and grabbing people off the street? It's the kind of thing the NRA has continually warned us about. Where is the right? Rallying behind the president as another line is crossed on the road to authoritarianism.

How do you feel about Trump's new secret police squads moving into cities experiencing civil unrest and grabbing people off the street? It's the kind of thing the NRA has continually warned us about. Where is the right? Rallying behind the president as another line is crossed on the road to authoritarianism.

How has Trump used "fake patriotism" to sell that policy?

How has Trump used "fake patriotism" to sell that policy?
Trump is a flag waving, flag hugging SOB because he knows you are suckers for that stuff. Everything he has done has been accompanied by the MAGA song and dance where all this strife and corruption has a patriotic goal of making America somehow better.

Forum List

Back