To the NeverTrumpers....

You mean he will put tariffs on china and put us into recession? That is a good idea to you? A new tax is going to help us? Tariffs don't work and never have.

I agree with you here but would you rather put Hillary in office over this? Because, that's what it comes down to.... really. In the meantime, he is also talking about lowering the middle class tax rates by 35% and lowering corporate tax rates. So if that's going to happen too... then it kind of mitigates the effect of the tariffs, right?

We had an incredibly strong economy with Bill, balanced budget, welfare reform, crime went down... I'm really not scared of a Hillary presidency. Too much trump proposes is bad.

A balanced budget is important to me. All signs are he wil be less fiscally responsible. Bush also did tax cuts, how well did that workout?

Bill was one of our best presidents. If hillary is anything like him we will do fine.

Bill Clinton was a good president because he was a populist who was forced to "triangulate" conservative ideas from a mid-term republican revolution. Hillary is a Saul Alinsky ideologue who is nothing like her husband.

He will be advising her. She saw bills success first hand. She has also seen Obama be less effective. I believe she is very smart and more likely to follow Bill. She would never be my first choice, but the alternative is so bad.

We had an incredibly strong economy with Bill, balanced budget, welfare reform, crime went down... I'm really not scared of a Hillary presidency. Too much trump proposes is bad.

A balanced budget is important to me. All signs are he wil be less fiscally responsible. Bush also did tax cuts, how well did that workout?

We did not have a balanced budget under Clinton. That is a myth. We came close in 2000 but still ran a deficit. Go to the Treasury Department website and see for yourself.. the figures are public record.

Bush's tax cuts didn't work out because the Bush family are economic illiterates. He cut tax rates across the board which had the effect of cancelling itself out in terms of growing the economy and he didn't expand the base.

If you aren't afraid of Hillary as president, the OP isn't addressing you. My complaint is directed to those who are #nevertrump but rail on and on about how awful Hillary will be. If Trump doesn't win, Hillary will... there's no other scenario. I wish a universe existed where neither of them won and we got someone truly great... that's not going to be a reality.

We did not have a balanced budget under Clinton. That is a myth. We came close in 2000 but still ran a deficit. Go to the Treasury Department website and see for yourself.. the figures are public record.

Bush's tax cuts didn't work out because the Bush family are economic illiterates. He cut tax rates across the board which had the effect of cancelling itself out in terms of growing the economy and he didn't expand the base.

If you aren't afraid of Hillary as president, the OP isn't addressing you. My complaint is directed to those who are #nevertrump but rail on and on about how awful Hillary will be. If Trump doesn't win, Hillary will... there's no other scenario. I wish a universe existed where neither of them won and we got someone truly great... that's not going to be a reality.

Well I'd rather have that budget than the ones we have had after him. The point is he was a great president.

What will be different with trumps tax cuts? Why do you think the results will be different?

I think the idea that Hillary will be a disaster is silly.

I really wanted Kasich.

He will be advising her. She saw bills success first hand. She has also seen Obama be less effective. I believe she is very smart and more likely to follow Bill. She would never be my first choice, but the alternative is so bad.

Um... No... she is going to be more of a radical ideologue than Obama ever dreamed of. She isn't going to be a centrist or populist, she has no intention of that whatsoever. This woman has been running for president since she left her girlfriend in college to hook up with Bill and she fully intends to implement as much of her radical Alinsky ideology as she can by any means necessary... legal or not.

Well I'd rather have that budget than the ones we have had after him. The point is he was a great president.

What will be different with trumps tax cuts? Why do you think the results will be different?

I really wanted Kasich.

The point is he was a great president.

only because he and Gingrich worked together

Um... No... she is going to be more of a radical ideologue than Obama ever dreamed of. She isn't going to be a centrist or populist, she has no intention of that whatsoever. This woman has been running for president since she left her girlfriend in college to hook up with Bill and she fully intends to implement as much of her radical Alinsky ideology as she can by any means necessary... legal or not.

You base that on what? Repubs said all the same about bill.

I really wanted Kasich.

The point is he was a great president.

only because he and Gingrich worked together
Things are better when the parties work together. Bill realized that.

I base that on everything she has said. No, I don't recall anyone saying that about Bill. He actually campaigned as a conservative democrat. His keynote speaker at his convention was Zell Miller, a staunch conservative democrat. He vigorously worked to earn the evangelical vote. Unlike Hillary, Bill was never a radical liberal ideologue.

I base that on everything she has said. No, I don't recall anyone saying that about Bill. He actually campaigned as a conservative democrat. His keynote speaker at his convention was Zell Miller, a staunch conservative democrat. He vigorously worked to earn the evangelical vote. Unlike Hillary, Bill was never a radical liberal ideologue.

She has a record as a senator. From what I have heard that is a record of working with repubs to get things done.

Well they disagree on almost everything.

Really? Kasich disagrees with a 35% tax cut for the middle class? Kasich disagrees with repealing and replacing Obamacare? Kasich disagrees with enforcing our border laws? I don't recall Kasich mentioning any of this in the debates.

Well they disagree on almost everything.

Really? Kasich disagrees with a 35% tax cut for the middle class? Kasich disagrees with repealing and replacing Obamacare? Kasich disagrees with enforcing our border laws? I don't recall Kasich mentioning any of this in the debates.

Kasich wants to balance the budget. That won't be done with tax cuts. Might have point with Obamacare. Kasich said I n the debates he thought the wall and rounding up illegals was crazy.

She has a record as a senator. From what I have heard that is a record of working with repubs to get things done.

Name three things she worked with republicans to get done?
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...shell-work-across-aisle-and-some-in-gop-agree
One senior aide who worked in Clinton’s Senate office pointed to her work on human trafficking issues with conservatives such as Sam Brownback, the senator-turned-governor of Kansas. The aide also highlighted that she teamed up with others such as Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) on legislation that guarantees full payment of bonuses and incentives to veterans wounded in combat.

“Compromise is the secret sauce of addressing problems,” the aide said.

Former Rep. Thomas Reynolds (R-N.Y.), in a telephone interview on Tuesday, ticked off a list of accomplishments the two worked on together, including their work to save the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station after the Pentagon threatened to close it in 2005.

The #NeverTrump movement may as well be called #ForeverHillary.

Trump will at least attempt to fix our F'd up trade policies with China, and at least enforce immigration laws. All the rest of the media hysteria is just a circus of distraction. They automatically assume Trump is guilty for any allegation thrown his way by any random idiot, yet they look the other way when the FBI is investigating Hillary for her activities which has a mountain of evidence to prove her guilt.

Vote Trump, and put Hillary in prison where she belongs.

You mean he will put tariffs on china and put us into recession? That is a good idea to you? A new tax is going to help us? Tariffs don't work and never have.

It will force companies to manufacture in the US instead of using Chinese slave labor. Tariffs do work. China puts tariffs on US goods going to China in order to protect their own industries. The US already has some 12,000 specific tariffs.

Kasich wants to balance the budget. That won't be done with tax cuts. Might have point with Obamacare. Kasich said I n the debates he thought the wall and rounding up illegals was crazy.

Tax cuts, when done properly, increase tax revenues. Again, go look at the Treasury Dept. website and see for yourself... look at the tax revenues between 1980-1988 when Ronald Reagan dramatically cut top marginal tax rates. It effectively doubled tax revenue.

Granted, increasing tax revenues won't balance the budget. We are spending WAY more than we take in. Programs have got to be cut or eliminated in order to bring the deficits down, but the Democrats are sure as hell NOT going to do that. Hillary is proposing even MORE massive and costly government programs. How is she ever going to balance the budget? There aren't enough rich people in the world to pay for what she has proposed, even if you confiscated every penny they have and took the gold fillings out of their teeth!

Forum List

Back