Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
To next U.S. Senate leader:

Senator Schumer, since 1959 when I left the military service, I voted in every general election and failed to vote in extremely few Democratic primary elections. During President Obama’s first administration, the Democratic congressional majority shamelessly failed to pass and enact a minimum wage rate bill. I continue to vote within every general election, but since 2009, I have not voted as a registered Democrat.
Congressional Democrats should be able to simultaneously chew gum and walk. They should carry out all other of both their chambers’ tasks even while considering impeachment Donald Trump.

While drafting the 2021 rules of the Senate, I suppose Democrats will consider likelihood of filibusters. It would be regrettable to eliminate practices that so well served our senate and our nation, due to a putz
achieving the presidency. Please if you can, refrain from too radically changing the character of our U.S. Senate.
Respectfully, Supposn

Excerpted from the Economics forum:
The next minimum wage rate bill: The next U.S. Congressional bill to increase the federal minimum wage rate, should be the last minimum rate bill to be passed and enacted.

That bill should set a targeted purchasing power value of no less than 125% of the minimum
‘s Febuary-1968 value. The minimum should be annually increased by uniform increments until it achieves its targeted value. Thereafter it should be annually monitored and adjusted to retain its purchasing value.
Democrats foolishly draft minimum rate bills in terms of dollars rather than of purchasing power. Consequentially, if and when the bills pass through congress, it’s always too little too late. ...

Excerpted from the Economics forum:
The next minimum wage rate bill: The next U.S. Congressional bill to increase the federal minimum wage rate, should be the last minimum rate bill to be passed and enacted.

That bill should set a targeted purchasing power value of no less than 125% of the minimum
‘s Febuary-1968 value. The minimum should be annually increased by uniform increments until it achieves its targeted value. Thereafter it should be annually monitored and adjusted to retain its purchasing value.
Democrats foolishly draft minimum rate bills in terms of dollars rather than of purchasing power. Consequentially, if and when the bills pass through congress, it’s always too little too late. ...

That bill should set a targeted purchasing power value of no less than 125% of the minimum‘s Febuary-1968 value.

Nah. $15 is too high.

Forum List

Back