Tired of Whining Vegans, Restaurant Owner Drops All Vegan Items from Menu

Second of all dairy-free milks are plant-based!
I didn't say "dairy free milks" I said "dairy free offerings" as in they make dishes with no dairy in them, as in no milk or no cheese. Many dishes are made with dairy. Many are not. This was in answer to your remark about your lactose intolerant friends. I am fully aware what plant-based milk is.

The fact is, according to science, that plants do not have a nervous system, and therefore, do not feel pain or suffer. It's as simple as that.

Do lions eat other critters. Yes/no?

Catsup has an ancient history

Given that the plant we all know as Tomato and it's fruit originated in South America. I find it difficult to believe the Ancient Chinese had a recipe for tomato ketchup.

Given that the plant we all know as Tomato and it's fruit originated in South America. I find it difficult to believe the Ancient Chinese had a recipe for tomato ketchup.
Yes, you are correct, the Chinese didn't, it was actually originally a fish paste as I already said. Read the link it explains about how tomatoes came along later. BTW I love ketchup.

I don't like vegetables and never have. I eat corn with meals at times, but that's about it. Sometimes some tomato or pickles on my hamburger. Vegetables are only good when you combine them with meat. If all I had were vegetables to eat, I'd probably starve to death.

It kinda sounds like you think vegans eat only vegetables. (There was another guy on this forum who thought that, on the last thread like this.) No, a plantbased diet includes fruits, veggies, grains, beans, legumes, pasta, mushrooms, nuts, seeds, etc. And of course plantbased alternatives which these days are amazing. For example, I tried a product called "Just Egg" not long ago that's a plantbased egg substitute, and it scrambled up exactly like eggs and when I added some onions, peppers and seasoning to it, I couldn't tell the difference. The Beyond Burger is also amazing and as I said on the last thread, my former roommate who's a meat-eater said it tastes better than a regular cow burger. I think so too.

So no, you wouldn't starve to death, vegans don't eat only vegetables. :lol:

Here's a video I made 5 years ago for a recipe for oat banana pancakes. It has nearly 24,000 views, so I'd say there's an interest in vegan recipes.

Last edited:
Yes, you are correct, the Chinese didn't, it was actually originally a fish paste as I already said. Read the link it explains about how tomatoes came along later. BTW I love ketchup.
Ketchup is OK. I'm not as much of a fan as I once was. Guess that comes from a season of working in a ketchup bottling plant about 48 years ago. LOL

Ever been to a Chinese or Italian restaurant? These places are replete with vegan dishes as part of their regular menus.
Prawn sauce and oyster sauce in Chinese restaurants and Italian places use all sorts of butter, parmesean cheese, and other products that come from animals. Even the pasta has eggs.

Vegetarian is possible....vegan is impossible.

Just an observation on the whiny entitled customer as a whole. I think two thinks ruined our society:

1. "The customer is always right"

and

2. "We want to hear from you"

No. Wrong. Sometimes the customer is a needy, whiny moron. And lots of times, just keep your mouth shut.

I've been saying this for years and years--and I'm pleased to see that more businesses seem to be catching on. I see more places tossing Karens out.

At the place where my kids worked, both from age 16 through college (restaurant), if the customers terribly harassed hostesses or servers they were put on the "banned" list. They almost always protested with "You can't do that!" to which the managers responded, we can and we did. If you come back here we're calling the police.

People do not realize they do not have the RIGHT to frequent private businesses. I'm glad they're learning.

What's with you always trying to compare humans with animals all the time, and then say you are not humanizing animals?

Let me ask: our cities have to hire sharp shooters to cull the deer around here. Because if you don't keep the animal population down, they end up starving to death or get so weak they don't realize they are walking in front of a car, at times even killing people. Are you against that too? They take the meat and donate it to the homeless downtown. Is that wrong as well?

I don't like vegetables and never have. I eat corn with meals at times, but that's about it. Sometimes some tomato or pickles on my hamburger. Vegetables are only good when you combine them with meat. If all I had were vegetables to eat, I'd probably starve to death.
Off topic and not worth the time except to point out that what I sad before is absolutely true.

This thread is about WHINING OMNIVORES

It's clear from nearly every post (not just yours). You don't want to talk about the TOPIC. Can you define the topic of this thread? Can you express an ON TOPIC opinion?

Just an observation on the whiny entitled customer as a whole. I think two thinks ruined our society:

1. "The customer is always right"

and

2. "We want to hear from you"

No. Wrong. Sometimes the customer is a needy, whiny moron. And lots of times, just keep your mouth shut.

I've been saying this for years and years--and I'm pleased to see that more businesses seem to be catching on. I see more places tossing Karens out.

At the place where my kids worked, both from age 16 through college (restaurant), if the customers terribly harassed hostesses or servers they were put on the "banned" list. They almost always protested with "You can't do that!" to which the managers responded, we can and we did. If you come back here we're calling the police.

People do not realize they do not have the RIGHT to frequent private businesses. I'm glad they're learning.
In Europe a Karen in a restaurant was whining and complaining and asked...."isn't the the customer the king?"
Waiter replied, "This is France, we kill our kings"

Who is demanding that? Most vegans just want some options at all the restaurants available that they would like to frequent. It is simply good at customer service. To try to please the people that walk through your door because it's your means of making a living. That's really all there is to it!
Yeah, PETA has never violently protested. Never.

In full disclosure I’m a long standing member of PETA.
People Eating Tasty Animals

Prawn sauce and oyster sauce in Chinese restaurants and Italian places use all sorts of butter, parmesean cheese, and other products that come from animals. Even the pasta has eggs.

Vegetarian is possible....vegan is impossible.
While there is egg pasta, typically pasta is flour and water. and there are plenty of dishes in those places that use no animal products at all. My DiL is vegan. we have never had an issue finding to a restaurant with her. she can always find a few dishes that are vegan. And no, it's not just a salad. It's just good business. if a group of friends want to go out and one of them is a vegan, they will either choose a vegan restaurant, or one that has a selection of vegan dishes.

Well, yes it is.

But they have a customer base they cater to. They can offer what they want, but IF enough potential customers exist, they'll likely change their menu.

As far as I'm concerned, they have thr right to ask/demand, and the business owner has the right to operate his business any way he sees fit
No it isn't really because as I have repeatedly said all restaurants already stock and serve a large variety of non meat foods.

And any food service business owner who ignores a growing trend and doesn't want to attract a broader customer base is making a poor decision. Which is all I have ever said

Look at the "studies" they post up. 110 people in a semi controlled situation, there was no detail of the metrics they used, nor was there a detailed breakdown of thr medical condition of tbe subjects.

In other words, the "study" wasn't valid.

But this is the kind of crap they post up.
It is very difficult to run a controlled double blind study with thousands of people for years.

Lifestyle changes have to be evaluated differently than a new pill.

also unhealthy jerks

Veganism is healthy for maybe a couple weeks. Then the body needs complete protein and the kind only found in animal products. Jesus ate meat (the Passover lamb, etc).

Vegans are nuts, not even eating fish... (because "it has a face")

:rolleyes:

they don't live long. But that doesn't faze them, I guess... They disbelieve the science on that one just as they disbelieve the science on everything else..
Wrong.

The human body only needs the 9 essential amino acids it cannot produce on its own to build protein.

When you eat meat the digestive process breaks down that protein into amino acids then your body uses them to build the proteins it needs.

Forum List

Back