Tired of Whining Vegans, Restaurant Owner Drops All Vegan Items from Menu

You know very little about the subject of veganism. If you cared to look it up, you will find many people thrive on vegan diets, and many athletes at that.
I am a FULLY trained and experienced professional chef. Everything from Michiline fine boys to nursing home and of course nutrition.

And I'm done having a battle of wits with someone unarmed.

Conversely plants do respond to stimuli...do they feel pain?

I suspect they do...just not the way we do

"If God didn't want us to eat animals they wouldn't taste so good?" What?!! Apparently humans taste like chicken, or I've even heard pork but we don't eat humans! That is just ridiculous. Humans have been conditioned to eat flesh foods and to think that they are tasty. As a former meat eater raised to eat meat, in a culture that glorifies and normalizes that diet and bases a food pyramid off of it, this is the reason why we think meat is tasty. It has nothing to do with God making it taste so great. In fact it is an abomination to God. He created us to eat plants. His perfect will for us is to live in harmony with the rest of creation, not to kill, not to be violent, and to eat the diet that he made for us for ultimate health, which is plants.

You can eat all the plants you want, but you'll never experience the joy of being full and satisfied. You can only do that with meat. Trust me I tried when I was working out and studying martial arts years ago. It was horrible. I finally said to hell with it. I'm going back to real food.

No, veganism is a religious/philosophical choice. It is not based on science. Science proves that man is omnivorous. That is called a fact.

You ignore facts in favor of emotion and morality judgements.

Maybe according to your worldview, but one day you'll realize you were gravely mistaken. Mark my words.

God didn't design us to eat the dead bodies of terrified, abused tortured animals, many of which are sick. For many years studies have shown that the more animal products one eats, the higher their risk is for heart disease, certain types of cancer and other preventable diseases. And as BluesMan said, a plantbased diet is known to actually reverse disease.

I see people arguing from emotion, but from your side. And that's always the way it is in these debates. I get it though... I used to argue with vegans, and I'd say some of the same things some of you are saying here. And I got angry at them too. So I get it. :lol:

bja6cm9f0au01.jpg

I do get that. At the same time there is nothing wrong with being open to finding resolutions for vegans when they walk through the doors. I will say that most restaurants that I frequent will be open to changing their dishes to veganize them. It's just good business.

No it's not if it's one or two people a week.

You can eat all the plants you want, but you'll never experience the joy of being full and satisfied. You can only do that with meat. Trust me I tried when I was working out and studying martial arts years ago. It was horrible. I finally said to hell with it. I'm going back to real food.
I used to be a meat eater. I am full and satisfied now as a vegan completely, and I feel a ton better with the kind of food that I eat. Like with any diet, one needs to eat nutritionally balanced on that food pyramid for optimal health.

I am an omnivore. There's nothing like a nice big, juicy steak, baked potato, salad, veggies. I used to work with a vegan. One day he gave me one of his sandwiches, it tasted very good. Not sure what was in it though. He did not want one of my sandwiches though.

It's perpetually meat eaters that argue in this fashion. What's wrong with a restaurant being willing to offer cuisine that reaches the largest number people, who eat different things? One would think that it's just simply good business. Of course as a vegan I would like to see an end to the suffering that animals go through so people can eat them. I'd like to see human hearts changed from indifferent to kind and compassionate for the life of others. It's about respect for life. It's about kindness and mercy and not wanting to do harm. What's really interesting is that if someone else wasn't doing the killing for meat eaters who simply walk in a restaurant or a grocers and buy the meat already presented in nice neat packages, or on a plate where one doesn't know what that meat went through to get to that plate, if these same people had to kill the meat themselves and hack it up to eat it, look in the eyes of the animal you're about to kill, or work on a kill line in a factory farm, most meat eaters would become vegans. At least most with a heart and eyes that see the pain and suffering caused for a tasty treat.

You don't know what you're talking about. Do you think all the people that work in slaughter houses and butchers at the grocery stores are all vegans? They probably go out to get hamburgers for lunch.

There is nothing wrong with a restaurant offering anything they feel produces profit. There is something wrong when people insist they cater to their weird diet. It's like a Jewish person moving into a Christian neighborhood and demand that all restaurants have kosher dishes. if it's not profitable, the restaurant isn't going to provide. You go to a restaurant that does cater to your diet.

Asking for Vegan dishes in a regular restaurant is like asking for gluten free anything in a bakery. (People still try though)
It's really not happening.

Vegetarian is possible....vegan is not.

Butter, cheese, milk, eggs, and etcetera are all over a menu.

Besides some of those with Celiac disease are actually allergic to the dough conditioners and other additives used with common commercial bread/dough production and not actually the wheat itself.
Ever been to a Chinese or Italian restaurant? These places are replete with vegan dishes as part of their regular menus.

True, but I'm pretty sure that the story took place in the UK. And veganism is huge there, and growing fast. That's why I said that I think the owner made a foolish business decision. (see the article below) But whuhev, it's his choice and those potential customers will just give their money to someone else. :)

And that's the way it should be.

AND, yes. Veganism does consider morality. As it should. Humans should consider morality in everything they do. And science does not prove a man is omnivorous. In fact, the teeth of a human suggests otherwise. And so does the digestive system, and the colon.
Human teeth are more than capable of eating meat and also have teeth designed to crush grains.

You're right that it's not being an animal.... it's being worse than an animal. Because animals that are obligate carnivores have no choice. Humans DO have a choice. The overwhelming majority of the world doesn't eat flesh for survival, but simply because they want to, to satisfy their tastebuds. At least be honest about it. :dunno:

I haven't seen anyone put animals on the same level as human beings. But as I said in my previous post, us being above the animals is all the more reason to not be violent, cruel or self-serving. There's a lot more to be said about this, but I don't want to write an essay here.

There's nothing odd about not eating corpses, in fact the opposite is true. I used to be an enthusiastic meat-eater like you, but now that I'm vegan I see how deeply conditioned people have been to accept something as normal that was never meant to be. You know what actually is odd? To eat dead bodies... or the secretions of another species... and many more things that people accept as normal, without really even thinking about it.

126502702-134370524793200-8640973496995637161-n.jpg

What's with you always trying to compare humans with animals all the time, and then say you are not humanizing animals?

Let me ask: our cities have to hire sharp shooters to cull the deer around here. Because if you don't keep the animal population down, they end up starving to death or get so weak they don't realize they are walking in front of a car, at times even killing people. Are you against that too? They take the meat and donate it to the homeless downtown. Is that wrong as well?

I don't like vegetables and never have. I eat corn with meals at times, but that's about it. Sometimes some tomato or pickles on my hamburger. Vegetables are only good when you combine them with meat. If all I had were vegetables to eat, I'd probably starve to death.

Concerned American I can't find the reply where you said the following:

Bingo. That you frequent. Your tastes are different than mine. I don't know of a restaurant, that I frequent, that serves plant based milk. They have dairy-free offerings but not a one of them has plant based milk on the menu. Even Burger King has started discounting their Impossible Burger to promote sales while raising the price of their extremely popular Whopper. I don't look for the plant based food to make much of a dent unless it is absolutely forced by the government.

This is what I'm replying to: first of all restaurants I frequent are usually restaurants that cater to meat eaters. They do a great job of making certain menu items vegan. Second of all dairy-free milks are plant-based! There are all kinds of them, almond, oat, coconut, cashew to name only a few. Plant-based foods will grow. Children and college students and the next generation are demanding more and more and more vegan, plant-based options. Over time the trajectory will change. Might not happen in our lifetime but it will happen.

Maybe according to your worldview, but one day you'll realize you were gravely mistaken. Mark my words.

God didn't design us to eat the dead bodies of terrified, abused tortured animals, many of which are sick. For many years studies have shown that the more animal products one eats, the higher their risk is for heart disease, certain types of cancer and other preventable diseases. And as BluesMan said, a plantbased diet is known to actually reverse disease.

I see people arguing from emotion, but from your side. And that's always the way it is in these debates. I get it though... I used to argue with vegans, and I'd say some of the same things some of you are saying here. And I got angry at them too. So I get it. :lol:

bja6cm9f0au01.jpg
Aww jesus . Calm the fuck down.

Plants are easy to eat and were the staple. Meat was harder to get and provided protein. That was then this is now.

Veggies and pasta will keep you going just fine. Eat meat if it suits you

Forum List

Back