Tired of Paywalls Blocking Science Info? Check This Out To Forget Paywalls!

ClaireH

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2020
Midwest US
It’s been a long time coming, but this is a very good sign of more to come!

“Carl Malamud is on a crusade to liberate information locked up behind paywalls — and his campaigns have scored many victories. He has spent decades publishing copyrighted legal documents, from building codes to court records, and then arguing that such texts represent public-domain law that ought to be available to any citizen online.”

It’s been a long time coming, but this is a very good sign of more to come!

“Carl Malamud is on a crusade to liberate information locked up behind paywalls — and his campaigns have scored many victories. He has spent decades publishing copyrighted legal documents, from building codes to court records, and then arguing that such texts represent public-domain law that ought to be available to any citizen online.”

Sew-eet. So we have exchanged a paywall for a cookie wall, to read about a server collecting science data in India of all places. :smoke:

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 2.44.59 PM.png

Sew-eet. So we have exchanged a paywall for a cookie wall, to read about a server collecting science data in India of all places. :smoke:

View attachment 557043
You must’ve missed this part of the info: “Researchers in India, the United States and the United Kingdom are already making plans to use the JNU store instead.” Certainly not limited to India. I wanted to first ask you if you think smart people only live in the US, that’s not really true;) Considering you didn’t read the above article from your other statement, you can feel free to bash away. I’m counting on curious minds to read the link.

You must’ve missed this part of the info: “Researchers in India, the United States and the United Kingdom are already making plans to use the JNU store instead.” Certainly not limited to India. I wanted to first ask you if you think smart people only live in the US, that’s not really true;) Considering you didn’t read the above article from your other statement, you can feel free to bash away. I’m counting on curious minds to read the link.

A). Smart people live everywhere, particularly outside the USA!

B). I can't read an article that blocks itself from being seen unless I click to agree to some condition allowing them to put cookies on my computer. No thank you. But here is a link to the same article where the reader at least has an option to Opt out of cookies.

Totally agree about A!

Not sure why you’re being blocked from reading this one, at least on an iPhone (which this is probably the first positive thing I’ve ever had to say about my phone) so maybe any cell phone you can leave that cookie part alone. Don’t accept anything and go ahead and read the article. I just checked on that specific one and you can do it. Maybe another option for you just allow for necessary and functional cookies and turn the rest off, that’s how I have my settings on my phone. It will block all tracking, social media, ads, and the other crap they try to throw in. So like with this one, they require that you accept the functional related cookies, or like I said don’t even mess with it and if you’re on the phone you can read it anyway. I get you about that nonsense 100 percent.

Forum List

Back