Time to buy LED lightbulbs.

hey fuckhead your the one saying "all " conservatives hate LED you are still doing it ya lying troll
Where did I say that?

I didn't even accuse you of taking that position! But most extreme wingnuts did, which included the vast majority of conservatives here at USMB, especially the Sarah Palin freaks.

USMB Republicans have been critical of LED bulbs insisting they are two expensive.

95% of the energy used by an incandescent bulb is converted to heat, the remaining 5% is light. Run a 60 watt incandescent bulb for 10 minutes and then unscrew the bulb by hand. What do you feel?

Run an LED bulb that's comparable for 10 minutes and then unscrew the bulb by hand. Feel any heat at all?

LED bulbs last 50 times longer.

Just saw an add on TV for four 60 Watt comparable LED bulbs for $4.99..

That brings the cost of LED bulbs in line with the cost of incandescent bulbs. As LED bulbs are used more and more, the cost will continue to decline. How many lights in your house?

New "Light Recycling" Incandescent Bulbs Could Outperform Energy-Efficient LEDs

But all is not lost. Scientists are figuring out a way to recycle the heat which might eventually make incandescent bulbs more efficient.

Jesus you're an idiot...

hey fuckhead your the one saying "all " conservatives hate LED you are still doing it ya lying troll
Where did I say that?

I didn't even accuse you of taking that position! But most extreme wingnuts did, which included the vast majority of conservatives here at USMB, especially the Sarah Palin freaks.

in your last post shithead

But most extreme wingnuts did

see now you have changed what you said fuck face

you trolls simply suck

USMB Republicans have been critical of LED bulbs insisting they are two expensive.

95% of the energy used by an incandescent bulb is converted to heat, the remaining 5% is light. Run a 60 watt incandescent bulb for 10 minutes and then unscrew the bulb by hand. What do you feel?

Run an LED bulb that's comparable for 10 minutes and then unscrew the bulb by hand. Feel any heat at all?

LED bulbs last 50 times longer.

Just saw an add on TV for four 60 Watt comparable LED bulbs for $4.99..

That brings the cost of LED bulbs in line with the cost of incandescent bulbs. As LED bulbs are used more and more, the cost will continue to decline. How many lights in your house?

New "Light Recycling" Incandescent Bulbs Could Outperform Energy-Efficient LEDs

But all is not lost. Scientists are figuring out a way to recycle the heat which might eventually make incandescent bulbs more efficient.
Gunna buy me one of them microwave ovens too

I'm convinced that you are too stupid to understand the complicated physics involved regarding human biology and electromagnetic radiation.

I literally have more intelligence in my pinkie than you have in your entire body. Of course, my great brain is not confined to my cranium.... I mean, if it were, my head would be as big as beach ball, instead of insanely handsome and perfectly proportioned.

The infrared and near infrared electromagnetic radiation emanating from incandescent bulbs warms a person's body very efficiently and even stimulates mitochondria. It promotes healing. It is very therapeutic.

Fine. Get an LED bulb for the lamp and an infrared space heater that directs the magic straight at your aunt. If you stick the the high-watt bulb in the lamp, most of that magical therapeutic energy is wasted in the room and ceiling, not to mention causing higher cooling bills in summer.

You are too stupid to understand why some people prefer this light bulb or that light bulb or another light bulb. You are too ignorant of science to know why I prefer a total-spectrum CFL over the herb garden in my kitchen, prefer LEDs in my flashlights, and prefer incandescents in my dining room and livingroom.

Fuck off, jackass.

Full-spectrum CFL kitchen herb garden, how ghetto. :biggrin:
A space heater for every room? You're fucking loony.

Incandescent bulbs have therapeutic properties. LED bulbs do not. In fact, they are detrimental to your health. The American Medical Association has issued a warning regarding LED bulbs. The LEDs are not good for your eyes and fuck with your circadian rhythm. And some people can lower their thermostats when they use incandescents.

You jackasses want to hurt elderly people and fuck the poor.

Last edited:
A space heater for every room? You're fucking loony. Incandescent bulbs have therapeutic properties. LED bulbs do not. In fact, they are detrimental to your health. The American Medical Association has issued a warning regarding LED bulbs. The LEDs are not good for your eyes and fuck with your circadian rhythm. And some people can lower their thermostats when they use incandescents.

Excellent point, people can lower their thermostats when they use incandescent lights, and spend and extra $500 year on electricity, because poor, old people have so much extra cash to burn. And, then there's that magical therapeutic effect of expensive heat lamps on the ceiling, all through the house.

As far as I know, and I know a lot, the AMA only cautioned against the use of blueish LEDs in street lights. No warning against yellowish LEDs in the home.

Last edited:
A space heater for every room? You're fucking loony. Incandescent bulbs have therapeutic properties. LED bulbs do not. In fact, they are detrimental to your health. The American Medical Association has issued a warning regarding LED bulbs. The LEDs are not good for your eyes and fuck with your circadian rhythm. And some people can lower their thermostats when they use incandescents.

Excellent point, people can lower their thermostats when they use incandescent lights, and spend and extra $500 year on electricity, because poor, old people have so much extra cash to burn. And, then there's that magical therapeutic effect of expensive heat lamps on the ceiling, all through the house.

As far as I know, and I know a lot, the AMA only cautioned against the use of blueish LEDs in street lights. No warning against yellowish LEDs in the home.
You do not know a lot you just think you do. I've been studying the effects of light on the human body for nearly 40 years. There have been countless warnings about LEDs.

I tried to educate you but you are a very hard learner. You just get snarky when you have been corrected and reject new knowledge out of hand. Without help from a good psychiatrist you are doomed to remain stupid.

The fact is that incandescent bulbs save on utility bills for some people and they are therapeutic. The longer electromagnetic waves penetrate into the body and warm it. They stimulate mitochondria and promote healing. It's not "magical", you fucking jackass. A typical home's gas furnace warms the air, and the radiant heat from a white hot filament heats your body. That's what makes them MORE efficient under some circumstances.

Fact is that the blue light from LED bulbs is detrimental to your health. I've informed you of that twice before but you were too fucking ignorant to comprehend the significance of the chart I posted.

You just call it magic because you are too fucking stupid to comprehend science and reject new knowledge.

Last edited:
But.....but aren't non-LED bulbs somehow racist or white supremacist or whatever?

Yes. Incandescent bulbs produce a white light, and therefor are racist. There's no such thing as a white LED. But, many people think there are white LEDs because they're so smart and because some colored LEDs appropriate whiteness.

An LED produces a sliver of light from the rainbow. LEDs appropriate whiteness by combining several colored LEDs to produce white light (it takes three colored LEDs to equal one white light), or light from a blue LED is passed through through a layer of phosphorous which releases white light (the colored LED takes credit for the work of the phosphorous).

I'm trying to deal with these bigots who keep defending the use of racist incandescent bulbs. They want to turn back the clock to when America was all incandescent bulbs.

Where did I say that?

you trolls simply suck
You consider yourself an extreme wingnut? Oh.

Where did I say that?

you trolls simply suck

good evening ya frikkin troll

poor tard

Ceiling fans should be circulating upward in the summer to dissipate heat.

Ceiling fans should be circulating downward in the winter to reclaim heat that would otherwise be lost through the ceiling.

Wood and propane heat are way cozier than electrical.

LED lights are awesome all year 'round.

Full-spectrum CFL kitchen herb garden, how ghetto. :biggrin:
A space heater for every room? You're fucking loony.

Incandescent bulbs have therapeutic properties. LED bulbs do not. In fact, they are detrimental to your health. The American Medical Association has issued a warning regarding LED bulbs. The LEDs are not good for your eyes and fuck with your circadian rhythm. And some people can lower their thermostats when they use incandescents.

You jackasses want to hurt elderly people and fuck the poor.[/QUOTE]

Yo, Muhammed, how about you explain why having granny spend an extra $500/year to use incandescent bulbs instead of LEDs is the opposite of "fuck the poor"?

Yo, Muhammed, how about you explain these therapeutic properties of incandescent bulbs? Maybe even provide a link to that AMA warning against using warm LEDs in the home, that you imagine exists?

If we lived in a zero-government society, inhumanly stupid people like Muhammed would have died in their youth from eating rocks and drinking antifreeze.

yep- we have about 1/2 LEDS & 1/2 florescent bulbs... our town hall takes the florescents for recycling & as they go we are replacing them with LEDs. the only incandescent bulbs we have are for the dining room 'chandelier'. cannot find LEDs for it yet.

They make them. Do they have the little base? I've seen them, need to get around to getting some.

They have to be better than the retina-scorchers I have right now. (Been meaning to get around to that.)

If I was to turn on my chandelier right now, I'd be damaging my eyeballs.

yep- we have about 1/2 LEDS & 1/2 florescent bulbs... our town hall takes the florescents for recycling & as they go we are replacing them with LEDs. the only incandescent bulbs we have are for the dining room 'chandelier'. cannot find LEDs for it yet.

They make them. Do they have the little base? I've seen them, need to get around to getting some.

They have to be better than the retina-scorchers I have right now. (Been meaning to get around to that.)

If I was to turn on my chandelier right now, I'd be damaging my eyeballs.

ya- eventually i'll look on amazon. right now the reg ones in my chandelier are all 25 watts & even those there are probably 20 or so of them they aren't nearly as bright as i like.

Both are well over a year old and cost about $0.50 or $0.60 each in bulk packages.

Right! They are so damn cheap, who cares if they only last a year? I was buying 4 packs for something like a $1.99! That is .25 cents a bulb! Oh, but they are so costly to operate! They hardly consume any power to begin with, and they are no more inefficient than they have been over the past century! Never heard anyone crying over the cost of lighting up a room; not in the 60's, not in the '70's, 80's, 90's and beyond. Now all of a sudden, I can cut my electric bill by a THIRD just by using different light bulbs.

No, I should go out and spend $7.99 on one light bulb. If I were to convert my house over to LED lights, it would cost me at least $250-$300! I estimate it would take a DECADE just for me to break even on their expense. I have some incandescents that I bet have not been changed in 10-15 years or LONGER. If I ever had the motivation, I could make little things using an NTC device (negative temperature coefficient) that would double or triple the life of a light bulb by eliminating that 'shock' on them when first turned on. I've come to the conclusion that half of the jackasses on this forum must work for the DNC, the other have must work for the LED lighting consortium. :p
I've been buying LEDs for about $2.00 a piece. They have gotten fairly cheap. I swapped out most of the bulbs in my house for LEDs, especially the heavily used ones. I haven't had to replace any for over 2 years.

Where did I say that?

you trolls simply suck

good evening ya frikkin troll

poor tard
You did it to yourself, dumbass.
4i6Ckte.gif

If we lived in a zero-government society, inhumanly stupid people like Muhammed would have died in their youth from eating rocks and drinking antifreeze.
FYI, my IQ = 158. So I've given you fair warning.

As far as your IQ...

Let's put it this way, I have 6 kids and every one of them could instantly identify a bifurcation fallacy well before they were 3 years old. Yet, you haven't even developed the critical thinking skills to do that. And you probably never will.

You are a very hard learner.

I have already flat out told you where your logic fails. And you made the same mistake AGAIN.

Last edited:

As far as your IQ...

With all that IQ, you still insist that saving the poor $500/year by moving to LEDs "fuck(s) the poor". And, with all that IQ, you can't back up your claim the AMA warns against using warm LEDs in the home. Like all intellectually-challenged people, you believe the act of claiming something is itself proof of the validity of that claim.

Last edited:

As far as your IQ...

With all that IQ, you still insist that saving the poor $500/year by moving to LEDs "fuck(s) the poor". And, with all that IQ, you can't back up your claim the AMA warns against using warm LEDs in the home. Like all intellectually-challenged people, you believe the act of claiming something is itself proof of the validity of that claim.
You have no fucking clue, jackass. I was educating people by stating facts, dumbass. Others undoubtedly learned because I shared my specialized knowledge.

Hard learners such as yourself simply refuse to learn. You are doomed to remain an idiot.

Forum List

Back