Time to buy LED lightbulbs.

Dont Taz Me Bro was a retard about it, too:

It's the progressive's pathological desire to control people when they don't like their choices.

The left uses the government to force people to conform to their views and way of life. The right uses the government to force people to conform to their views and way of life. The only difference is what you each choose to force down the rest of our throats.

hey liar you paint with broad brush ya fucking troll

which has nothing to do with not liking LEDS retard
Are you claiming conservatives didn't have a hissy-fit over light bulbs in 2011?
4i6Ckte.gif

Are you claiming conservatives didn't have a hissy-fit over light bulbs in 2011?
4i6Ckte.gif

it is obvious you are begging for attention with your made up allegations ya lying troll

There have been many threads about it here, and I'd bet you're in one vowing to keep your incandescents.

The world is full of stupid people. They're gonna pay hundreds of extra dollars each year in electric bills because these "new bulbs don't work in cold", or because they got an LED bulb a decade ago and it wasn't very good, or whatever ignorant, stupid excuse they want to cling to. The dumbest being they want to screw themselves with higher electric bills to "spite Obama."

Stupid @ssholes aside, there are millions of people who want to save on electric bills but won't do it without a government shove because they're simply ignorant. The look at an old bulb and it's a dollar cheaper, so they buy it, not understanding that it'll cost them an extra $20 each year in electricity, not to mention having to replace the bulb each year.

There shouldn't be any controversy in the government giving people a shove on this issue. But, an idiot who thinks a CFL is an LED is going to think the government is pushing some dark liberal agenda.

4i6Ckte.gif

it is obvious you are begging for attention with your made up allegations ya lying troll
Made up? I posted three threads - click on them, then tell me that conservatives weren't apoplectic over the phasing out of incandescent bulbs.

Try to be honest for once in your life.

The dumbest being they want to screw themselves with higher electric bills to "spite Obama."
Yup. And that accounts for a lot of the ones on this forum - their hatred for a successful, loved Black president will drive them to do all kinds of things against their interest. I say fuck all of them. May their lives get worse with each passing day.

Here's a classic - complete with the mandatory retardation from CrusaderFrank

House GOP Set To Repeal Incandescent Bulb Ban...

That post is six years old. "This is about more than just energy consumption, it is about personal freedom"

Of course, the worthless Republicans didn't repeal the bulb ban. And, their talk of personal freedom doesn't include the freedom to smoke marijuana or use other recreational drugs. They don't even give a rip about the thousands of building codes, like the one forcing me to put posts on a banister a certain distance apart, against my wishes for personal freedom.

The worthless Republicans aren't even interested in allowing me to buy prescription drugs manufactured outside of the US. But, they're up in arms about energy efficient light bulbs being gently pushed by the government, which causes the consumer less than zero inconvenience and saves the consumer money.

USMB Republicans have been critical of LED bulbs insisting they are two expensive.

95% of the energy used by an incandescent bulb is converted to heat, the remaining 5% is light. Run a 60 watt incandescent bulb for 10 minutes and then unscrew the bulb by hand. What do you feel?

Run an LED bulb that's comparable for 10 minutes and then unscrew the bulb by hand. Feel any heat at all?

LED bulbs last 50 times longer.

Just saw an add on TV for four 60 Watt comparable LED bulbs for $4.99..

That brings the cost of LED bulbs in line with the cost of incandescent bulbs. As LED bulbs are used more and more, the cost will continue to decline. How many lights in your house?

New "Light Recycling" Incandescent Bulbs Could Outperform Energy-Efficient LEDs

But all is not lost. Scientists are figuring out a way to recycle the heat which might eventually make incandescent bulbs more efficient.

While you have that LED Bulb in your hand, feel the weight. There is a separate power supply and a MASSIVE heat sink as part of the design. It's not that LEDs generate no heat. They generate heat over a smaller area thus making it necessary to use extensive materials to "fan out" that heat or cause the LEDs to die prematurely. They do generate somewhat less heat. Which leads to your 2nd "misconception"..

All that "heat" from an incandescent is not wasted. In the right season, when the household has the HVAC on heat cycle --- every lighting Watt going to heat --- REDUCES the load on the HVAC system. It is NOT wasted. And far more lighting is used in the Fall/Winter when days are short.

This effect is so significant, that it is reflected in the Energy Efficiency calculations for HVAC sizing. Mostly LED lighting can increase the SIZE of the HVAC unit used.
It's wasted heat if it a vaulted ceiling...where no one lives...
That's what ceiling fans are for.

Unless you can tell me you are a practical engineer in electronics as I was ... And as to your idiotic assertion that LEDs would save me hundreds of dollars, my annual electrical consumption is around $1200, so you are saying I can cut my energy consumption for light, heating, AC, cooking, refrigeration, power appliances, TV and stereo (both of which here consume quite a lot), in HALF or down a THIRD just by changing light bulbs??? So you know, normally, I only have 2 or 3 40W bulbs on in the whole house! Sometimes less.

For someone as frugal as you, only running 80 watts of light, how do you manage 1200 in electric/year? LoL! A modern TV uses about $13/year for electricity (per federal energy guide). $13 ought cover your stereo, too. And, really, you use electric heat? LoL! A refrigerator $100 dollars/year. Maybe you do a ton of cooking? LoL!

Most people spend most of their electric bill on lights. At least until they switch to LEDs. But, apparently you live in the dark. Replacing a single 60W bulb with a 9W LED saves over $40/year at 10 hours/day, without factoring in AC savings..

You use a fricking kerosene torch if you want; I'll be using INCANDESCENT LIGHT BULBS.

Dotard.

There have been many threads about it here, and I'd bet you're in one vowing to keep your incandescents.

The world is full of stupid people. They're gonna pay hundreds of extra dollars each year in electric bills because these "new bulbs don't work in cold", or because they got an LED bulb a decade ago and it wasn't very good, or whatever ignorant, stupid excuse they want to cling to. The dumbest being they want to screw themselves with higher electric bills to "spite Obama."

Stupid @ssholes aside, there are millions of people who want to save on electric bills but won't do it without a government shove because they're simply ignorant. The look at an old bulb and it's a dollar cheaper, so they buy it, not understanding that it'll cost them an extra $20 each year in electricity, not to mention having to replace the bulb each year.

There shouldn't be any controversy in the government giving people a shove on this issue. But, an idiot who thinks a CFL is an LED is going to think the government is pushing some dark liberal agenda.
You are the one who is a stupid asshole, jackass. The fact of the matter is that incandescent light bulbs are superior to LED bulbs in some ways and vice versa. You jackasses are such simpletons that you think the issue is an either/or proposition when it isn't. It's more complicated than that. Much too complicated for your unimaginative simple mind to wrap itself around. Some people such as myself like to use both incandescent and LED bulbs depending on the circumstances for good reasons.

For instance, in the winter incandescent bulbs can actually lower utility bills for some people, especially the elderly who are often on a fixed income. You jackass authoritarian assholes are just too fucking brainwashed, ignorant and stupid to comprehend that fact.

You are extremely ignorant of science and therefore do not understand the electromagnetic spectrum and the effects of electromagnetic radiation on our bodies. In your simple mind the only use of an incandescent lightbulb is to produce visible light. You are ignorant of the fact that the white hot filiment in an incandescent produces a much broader spectrum of useful electromagnetic radiation than an LED bulb. Especially thereputic near infrared and infrared radiation.

My aunt if a huge fan of incandescent bulbs and like myself she has stocked up a lifetime supply of them. She uses a 150 watt incandescent bulb in her lamp on a table by her rocking chair. She'll sit there rocking and knitting for hours. The thereputic radiation literally penetrates right into her bones and sooths the pain from her arthritis. As a consequence she can turn down her thermostat several degrees and take less medication. Especially during cold damp bone-chilling weather.

Bottom line: Incandescent light bulbs are beneficial to our health myriad ways while LED bulbs are actually detrimental to our health and introduce lead and arsenic to our environment.

Since I am a very health conscious I prefer to use incandescents for most applications. But I also use full spectrum fluorescents that I get from the pet store and LED bulbs for when I want a very bright light. Banning any of them is idiocy.

You idiot Democrats are authoritarian assholes. Get out of my light sockets!

Last edited:
For someone as frugal as you, only running 80 watts of light, how do you manage 1200 in electric/year? LoL! A modern TV uses about $13/year for electricity (per federal energy guide). $13 ought cover your stereo, too. And, really, you use electric heat? LoL! A refrigerator $100 dollars/year. Maybe you do a ton of cooking? LoL!

Most people spend most of their electric bill on lights. At least until they switch to LEDs. But, apparently you live in the dark. Replacing a single 60W bulb with a 9W LED saves over $40/year at 10 hours/day, without factoring in AC savings..

You use a fricking kerosene torch if you want; I'll be using INCANDESCENT LIGHT BULBS.

Dotard.

Just another jackass moron liberal who knows nothing while thinking you know everything and you JUST CAN'T STAND anyone disagreeing with your opinion! I so love it when you name-calling morons put your feet in your own mouth!

For one thing, I never said I was "frugal," I merely use the light I need. And that is all I need. I don't leave lights turned on all over the house in rooms I'm not even in! My TV consumes about 260 watts of power and has cooling fans and warms the room, and my stereo is nothing you can imagine, and it consumes about 20 amps of current running. There is even a 5000 BTU AC connected to it to chill some of the amplifiers. I never said I have electric heat but it takes electricity to operate it! You are again wrong on nearly every point. As always, it takes an ignorant self-effacing jackass like you to criticize people for things and call them rude names for things that only exist in your small mind. I don't give a flying f---ck what light bulbs cost or what an LED might save. I prefer incandescent and light bulbs are probably the smallest area of electric consumption in my house so your claims of saving HUNDREDS of dollars a year are CRAZY. I don't even spend hundreds of dollars a year on light in the first place!!! Conversation with you ENDED.

Just another jackass moron liberal who knows nothing while thinking you know everything and you JUST CAN'T STAND anyone disagreeing with your opinion! I so love it when you name-calling morons put your feet in your own mouth!

You are a true dumb@ss. You said, "I bought a SHITLOAD of incandescent bulbs! ... that heat goes a ways towards heating my home." That implicitly means you burn a lot of energy in bulbs. Then when I point out what an idiot you are because of all the money heating your home with incandescent bulbs costs (especially in summer), you change your pathetic tune and claim you only run about 80 watts of light.

.. that heat goes a ways towards heating my home." That implicitly means you burn a lot of energy in bulbs.

NO IT DOESN'T you babbling condescending moron! It means what it SAYS, that any heat produced by the bulbs is not wasted at all in colder weather! There is no "inefficiency" as was the ORIGINAL argument put against me for DARING to defy your fascist commie mentality. No matter how little or much they produce, even if only 1 BTU, that is 1 BTU less my furnace needs to make. The only implicit thing here is the utter moronity of your gene-pool and the shame which it must bring on your parents!

4i6Ckte.gif

Made up? I posted three threads - click on them, then tell me that conservatives weren't apoplectic over the phasing out of incandescent bulbs.

Try to be honest for once in your life.

the links are real your allegations are a lie

ya lying troll

[You said, "I bought a SHITLOAD of incandescent bulbs! ... that heat goes a ways towards heating my home.".

And oh, BTW, Asswipe, Don't parse my words, you know as well as I do that you are taking two different statements and stringing them together. Yes, I bought a shitload of bulbs, to have for the rest of my life AS I SAID IN THAT POST. I NEVER SAID that I plugged them all into lamps immediately and was burning them all over my house to heat my home! IS IT POSSIBLE that people live that are such NITWITS that they would actually make that mistake honestly?

I don't know what is worse, that pathetic pin-heads like you have nothing better to do but to try to parse and twist a person's words and clear meaning around just to attack them on meaningless subjects, or that people like you even have the same right to vote as others. But it IS funny that you lay awake at night in cold sweaty beads worried about what light bulbs I use!!! :lmao:

For instance, in the winter incandescent bulbs can actually lower utility bills for some people, especially the elderly who are often on a fixed income. You jackass authoritarian assholes are just too fucking brainwashed, ignorant and stupid to comprehend that fact.

Under no circumstance can incandescent bulbs lower utility bills for people on fixed incomes. Incandescent bulbs are the most expensive way to heat a home. This has already been explained in this thread, if you'd like to try to practice some literacy skills. Stop being a f1cktard spreading raw ignorance.

My aunt if a huge fan of incandescent bulbs and like myself she has stocked up a lifetime supply of them. She uses a 150 watt incandescent bulb in her lamp on a table by her rocking chair. She'll sit there rocking and knitting for hours. The thereputic radiation literally penetrates right into her bones and sooths the pain from her arthritis.

At best, you have an argument of the use of one incandescent bulb in the home, in her lamp by her chair. Your aunt just likes the warmth near the lamp because otherwise the room fools cold to her. And, what of summer when she's using that lamp for light, and running the A/C more to take out that 150 watts of heat, not to mention the heat from all her other incandescent bulbs.

She's using the bulb as a space heater, but most of the heat doesn't go towards her. If she replaced that lamp with a directional space heater, she could save some money. She could turn down the furnace more, and still be warmer. And, when it's not winter, the heater isn't used.

Since I am a very health conscious I prefer to use incandescents for most applications. But I also use full spectrum fluorescents that I get from the pet store and LED bulbs for when I want a very bright light. Banning any of them is idiocy.

You idiot Democrats are authoritarian assholes. Get out of my light sockets!

Oh great, you're an anarchist who thinks all recreational drugs should be legalized, all prescription drugs should become OTC, that building codes should be abolished, that alcohol and tobacco "sin" taxes should be eliminated, you want to legalize all the banned food additives, etc.

People don't have philosophical, religious, economic, or practical reasons to not use LEDs. Ignorance is the only reason people avoid LEDs. And, no one is banned from using incandescent bulbs, if they have them.

Does your aunt collect SS? When Seniors pressure government for SS increases, because of the cost of living, everyone else pays for those increases. So, when they burn their money on incandescent bulbs, everyone else is stuck paying for it. The power plant that makes the electricity for her bulbs pollutes my air. And, every so often, the electric company says it needs more capacity, and want so raise rates significantly to pay for new generating facilities.

Your ignorant excuses affects me, as well as causes economic hardship to your aunt who herself would be happy with a a space heater, if she were offered one.

You are a true dumb@ss. You said, "I bought a SHITLOAD of incandescent bulbs! ... that heat goes a ways towards heating my home." That implicitly means you burn a lot of energy in bulbs. Then when I point out what an idiot you are because of all the money heating your home with incandescent bulbs costs (especially in summer), you change your pathetic tune and claim you only run about 80 watts of light.

Charging your mobile devices is now comparable to operating a refrigerator. One fancy phone will equal the load of a refrigerator by itself. Not to mention all the electric tools we were driven to because the gas powered ones now don't work or last because of regulation. So many chargers now in a common household that it all adds up.

Not to mention the Leaf or chargeable car that MIGHT be in the driveway.. The concept of ME being demanded to run a certain bulb or to "pull my chargers out of the wall when not in use" is ludicrous. I'm doing this because my NEIGHBOR might have a trophy Tesla that requires a 50KW-hr charge at 5KWatt PEAKS??? Get off my cloud..

Forum List

Back